Author Topic: "Gas War" to bring prices down, best Idea I've heard yet  (Read 7261 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
my 71 cb100 is payed off, running, will be street legal once i get a new kickstart spring installed and bike inspected. other than that i would need a license (no time or money right now) and insurance (parents wont let me ride until i am financially independent.)

Is that CB100 as in 100cc's? That ought to get all the way across Texas on a tank.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
The only problem with mass transit is cost. If you live on Long island and travel to the city it can cost $350 a month just to get to work. It's closer to $400 if you're in CT.
I know a couple of guys out here that make their own Bio D...they all swear by it.
i was just stating the mass transit as one way to deal with it, i live in an area that doesnt have it, nor would it be practical for this city to have it.
there is absolutely nothing wrong with biodiesel. very simple chemistry, only safety concern is when you are mixing/handleing the methanol and the lye. very clean, better for your engine, makes ur engine run quieter, and helps the US economy, not the middle east. only downside, YOUR ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! (smell of your exhaust)
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Not to sound like a friggin hippie but I think hemp seed oil would be a very viable source of fuel. If people could just get over some silly laws and misconceptions.  :twocents:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Is that CB100 as in 100cc's? That ought to get all the way across Texas on a tank.
yep. :thumbs: (actually 99cc) my dad used to have one when he was in his 20's, says he got around 55mpg city. would top out at 70mph, only downside.
1 other thing i forgot to mention that i need, a new exhaust manifold stud.

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Not to sound like a friggin hippie but I think hemp seed oil would be a very viable source of fuel. If people could just get over some silly laws and misconceptions.  :twocents:
i dunno what hemp seed oil is, but biodiesel can be made from just about any kind of vegetable made oil. ie peanut oil, vegetable oil, soy oil, etc...

USAF EOD tech

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
i dunno what hemp seed oil is, but biodiesel can be made from just about any kind of vegetable made oil. ie peanut oil, vegetable oil, soy oil, etc...

Ihad a buddy that did this, he swore by it as well, and always cracked up when people said his truck smelled like french fries, or chinese food, or hash browns, or whatever oil he happened to have in it at the time
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Ihad a buddy that did this, he swore by it as well, and always cracked up when people said his truck smelled like french fries, or chinese food, or hash browns, or whatever oil he happened to have in it at the time

it is funny because ur truck always smells like some kind of food (depending on the oil)

USAF EOD tech