Author Topic: HELP HELP, I think my truck has a history of Damage... Whata you think??? - PICS  (Read 3548 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
While i was waiting for the primer to finish on my front bumper, i found some weld spots that didn't look right... From the looks of it, i think the front of my truck was hit, or hit something.... tell me what you guys think, i need some help on this one....

What every you guys think, please tell me... thanks

military_stang
:respect:

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
It's damaged  :( Definatly not factory  :( Thats socks  :(
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
dude  it looks like its time to part it out 

:yupyup: HAHA, you wish MM  :rofl2:

I guess i will just have to buy MC cross bar for the front... i don't think there that much.... How do you think this has effected the rest of the truck, has it??? How can i fix it... help please :attention:

military_stang

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
it looks like at some time  it  was smacked pretty good,  but  if  it  doesnt pull  to one side  or drive weird  i would put  the bumper back on  and  always  say, "IT WAS LIKE THAT WHEN I GOT IT"   so noone thinks  you  made those nasty welds  :ack:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
it looks like at some time  it  was smacked pretty good,  but  if  it  doesnt pull  to one side  or drive weird  i would put  the bumper back on  and  always  say, "IT WAS LIKE THAT WHEN I GOT IT"   

It does pull to one side, i figured it was cause the allinment was off... maybe i have a bent frame???

so noone thinks  you  made those nasty welds  :ack:

HAHAHA, no doubt... :flamer:

military_stang

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
could be a bent frame, could be a bad alignment or the pull could be due to any number of things.... if you really want to check it on a frame machine, you can, but it probably isnt going to be cheap to get a professional to toss it on the frame machine and check it out and/or fix if needed
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
dude  it looks like its time to part it out 

:yupyup: HAHA, you wish MM  :rofl2:

I guess i will just have to buy MC cross bar for the front... i don't think there that much.... How do you think this has effected the rest of the truck, has it??? How can i fix it... help please :attention:

military_stang
:respect:  naw  i dont wish  im first gen  man here

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Get a carfax on it!  If a autobody fixed it, it will show.  Time to trade it off! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

fatt_matt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 545
  • Member since Mar '07
  • jeeps and toys can get along
    • View Profile
that :pokinit: is a lemon!

gotta unload it...
Jeep

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Looks like its time for a SAS......   :greengrin:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Looks like a runny nose to me!   :thumbdown:

IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Get out your tape measure and start measuring across the frame corner to corner to find out if it is square.  Does it track OK?  If it is squared up and tracks well then you prob can get to repairing and beefing up the frame a bit and you will be fine.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Get out your tape measure and start measuring across the frame corner to corner to find out if it is square.  Does it track OK?  If it is squared up and tracks well then you prob can get to repairing and beefing up the frame a bit and you will be fine.
x2 what cteng said. That sucks man  :thumbdown: dont give up complete hope though
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
x2 what cteng said. That sucks man  :thumbdown: dont give up complete hope though

I won't just yet, i love my truck and i will be doing the SAS no matter what!!!HAHAHA

military_stang

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
hel! yeah dont let somethin like this make you depressed. its gettin a sas anyway. just clean it up a little.

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
hel! yeah dont let somethin like this make you depressed. its gettin a sas anyway. just clean it up a little.

Thats exactly it, clean up and then SAS, SWEEEETTTT :driving: :driving:

military_stang

DanS

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 434
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Grind, gusset and weld, when you are confident on strength take it to get a 4Wheel alignment, once tracking is checked drive the crap out of it  :driving:
Wow, been looking at my 4Runner rust away too long, need some inspiration and here I will find it...!

85 Toyota 4Runner, solid axle, 22Re, original paint and graphics and not a straight panel to be found!