Author Topic: So, My Friend...... .... Power steering gear box.  (Read 3273 times)

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
So, My Friend...... .... Power steering gear box.
« on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »
So my friend just got a yota, 85 reg cab. He wants to do hy-steer and needs a gear box. He knew i had one and i told him " i don't know if i wanna sell it, Cause i might do hydro steer or keep it as a spare. But if i do sell it i would want probably $150 for it". It is a Rebuilt IFS steering box. And he is tellin me that i am ripping him off and chargin way to much for it. And i kinda disagree cause i have herd off much there going for, and how hard they can be to get.

What do you guys think? do you think i am ripping him off? how much would you want for your Rebuilt IFS Steering box?

Thanks
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I payed $150
Time to go wheelin!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Marlin sells them for $299. I just checked car-part.com on the first page of the return they're listed from $250 to $2663 :yikes:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
If he's a good friend that helps you when you need help & asks for nothing in return, I would give it to him or give him a decent price of $75.  :twocents:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
If he's a good friend that helps you when you need help & asks for nothing in return, I would give it to him or give him a decent price of $75.  :twocents:

$150 is a decent price. 

You said you weren't sure if you wanted to sell it, he doesn't have to buy it from you if he doesn't like the price.  :dunno: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
$150 sounds more than reasonable if its your friend.... the fact that you said you might sell it and he says you are trying to rip him off doesn't quite sound like he's a friend though......

tell him if he doesn't want to buy it from you for $150, he is welcome to try and find another rebuilt one cheaper.
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
Marlins are rebuilt.. thats why they are so much...

I got mine for $75.00 used...

If it were the other way around would you be stoked if he was selling it to you for $150?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
chim, the one redneck might sell to his friend is rebuilt, for $150 i say thats not a bad deal, especially considering thats half of marlins rebuilt unit
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
I would say stick to the price then... if he doesnt like it... he can get a used one for half that..

Rockdiver

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -118
  • Male Posts: 671
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Paid $125 to a friend for mine and it leaked.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
I got mine from TAP for $250 and it was rebuilt.  ended up leaking a couple months later  :(

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
I bought mine for 110 shipped from a guy that has a shop and inspected it (probably just visually looked it over for leaks)...

Just did an SAS on my 4runner so I sold that box to a buddy for $50.... What goes around comes around too like someone kinda said. Also like other people said, if he doesnt like it thats too bad for them.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
I paid 20 a one and 150 for another at a junk yard.  Ended up giving the 20 dollar one (it worked fine) to a buddy.  150 isn't bad but if he's a good friend I'd say cut him a deal. :beerchug:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
So my friend just got a yota, 85 reg cab. He wants to do hy-steer and needs a gear box. He knew i had one and i told him " i don't know if i wanna sell it, Cause i might do hydro steer or keep it as a spare. But if i do sell it i would want probably $150 for it". It is a Rebuilt IFS steering box. And he is tellin me that i am ripping him off and chargin way to much for it. And i kinda disagree cause i have herd off much there going for, and how hard they can be to get.

What do you guys think? do you think i am ripping him off? how much would you want for your Rebuilt IFS Steering box?

Thanks
If he could do better then let him. Buddy or not if its worth 150 to you then thats what its worth. Personally I gave $5. for the one Ive been running for bout a year, and now it leaks and I want hydro.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

RAZOR [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
Alrighty then, :beerchug: Thanks Fella's. I am probably gonna stick with that price. Especially since these yota's are a never ending project and will probably down the road do hy-steer. SO i guess it will be nice havin one on standby incase something goes wrong on the one i am runnin now.

Thanks again  :turtle:
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
if you don't have hysteer you should do that...like now haha. 

RAZOR [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
Thats my truck to the left. In a month and a half of work, and year of saving money. I set up my own 5.29 gears with lockright in rear and e-locker up front. (had to modify the housing also) did an entire SAS with marlins 5" trail flex lift kit. Completly rebuild and sealed and Completly gusseted front axle. 13" of travel from a tractor spline driveshaft up front. And a bunch of interior Crap along with all of that. I should probably post that in that litte thing below...  So that is why i am probably going to keep that gear box.   Happpy Trails!  :turtle: