Author Topic: Aaron's "Project Frankenstein" updated w/pics of the runner  (Read 66122 times)

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ur build is looking good.  i like the paint job it looks really nice, we will c how long that lasts for!

Thats why i got extra paint :gap:
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
You know Aron those 37's and beadlocks would look real good on my truck.  When should I expect you to drop them off at my house?  :hahaha:

No problem, Ill trade you for your motor :wink2:
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I dont know if im going to be done in time for tinbender!!!
I still have to wire up the arb and the winch, and it still needs one more coat of paint. I also need to get the rear bumper on. Also my motor is running like crap for some reason, it wont stay idleing.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
got my winch and plate on

got my sliders on also

also got my rear bumper on

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey Aaron, where did you get that winch plate?  Please tell me your planning on fabbing up some sort of bumper around that front end.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yeah im making a bumper, just dont have the time before tinbender. I got the plate from "TG"  :eek: :screwy: :shake:  :nerv: :lipsrsealed: :psss:.
I know I know, please dont bash me. Im running out of time and couldnt get metal in enough time to fab one up

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
your trucks lookin better and better every day!!!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
 :thumbs:  The 22R is still sitting around the shop.  When do you want to make that trade.  :rofl2:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
:thumbs:  The 22R is still sitting around the shop.  When do you want to make that trade.  :rofl2:

Uh, let me think about it! :dunno:

Nah ill pass :hahaha:

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Its 1 in the morning and Im finally finished with all the major crap, all I have to do is throw on some zip ties and do one final check. Now I just have to pack.

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Wait a minute didn't you start this build after I started mine.  Now you are finished before me.   :slap: Thats not right!

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Wait a minute didn't you start this build after I started mine.  Now you are finished before me.   :slap: Thats not right!

I dont know, I started back in December.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Aaron's "Project Frankenstein"
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
So I found one problem from the last trip that I need to fix. My tires rubbed so bad in the back when it was flexed out that the side wall cut.

so im going to do some trimming, approx. 2" all the way around. basically all of the white part.

this should work out good, especially since the whole truck is getting lowered about 2"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 06:19:23 PM by Aaronb »

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
 :psss:  I like your 1st gen.   the color is cool too.
I like to Drive!

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
:psss:  I like your 1st gen.   the color is cool too.

:beerchug:

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
good looking rig :biggthumpup: :thumbs:
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
my neigbor and I started working on the front bumper (mostly my neighbor since im bender challenged).
the stinger turned out bigger than I wanted, but oh well! I wanted it to protect the winch so it had to be big. here is were I ended up today, hopefully ill finish it up next weekend.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:19:58 AM by Aaronb »

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
Looks good. 

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Lookin good so far!
I like to Drive!

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
thanks, should have it done this weekend

8Snaces

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 396
  • Member since Apr '06
  • The krawler in H.H. over New Years.
    • View Profile
I just read the whole build. That truck is killer!!!! I like the 2 tone paint, and the fact that its a 1st gen. U built it pretty quick but it came out awesome!! Wish i had a chance to do a tear down and build in my driveway.... dont have the time or means right now. Lookin forward to seeing/meeting u at MCR this year???
1st gen yota truck. 37x12.5x15. 5spd dual cases, chevy springs in rear, toyota rears springs in front. Long bed....the list never ends..
Dont try to shift into 6th when u've only got a 5spd! Rubberside down doesnt always mean rite side up!

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
thanks, the only reason it got in a decent time was because my neighbor. otherwise it would probably still be a bare frame.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
got the other side on today.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
im not sure how i should run the bracing. how do you guys think i should finish it?

8Snaces

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 396
  • Member since Apr '06
  • The krawler in H.H. over New Years.
    • View Profile
That pic looks mean!! I wish that i had a straight body to wheel with... but i know that it would never stay that way.. haha! Ru plannin a full exo? At least around the cab??
1st gen yota truck. 37x12.5x15. 5spd dual cases, chevy springs in rear, toyota rears springs in front. Long bed....the list never ends..
Dont try to shift into 6th when u've only got a 5spd! Rubberside down doesnt always mean rite side up!

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
That pic looks mean!! I wish that i had a straight body to wheel with... but i know that it would never stay that way.. haha! Ru plannin a full exo? At least around the cab??

thanks, I will probably go with an exo sometime in the future, not anytime soon though.

crawlerdan

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
my neigbor and I started working on the front bumper (mostly my neighbor since im bender challenged).
the stinger turned out bigger than I wanted, but oh well! I wanted it to protect the winch so it had to be big. here is were I ended up today, hopefully ill finish it up next weekend.

looks like mine :D

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
im not sure how i should run the bracing. how do you guys think i should finish it?
Yeah, I think you should finish it.  I would run a brace from just under the outside edge of the headlight to another mounting point on the frame or if that is not do-able, run some pipe to the bottom of the stinger.  Then I would run a straight tube from one side of the stinger to the other, just under the winch bracket and weld a couple tabs to that tube so you could bolt it to your winch bracket.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Looks PIMP!! :yesnod:   the stinger came out sweet :beerchug:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.