Author Topic: Women on the Rubicon - Sometimes you wonder why people do things like this  (Read 3081 times)

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
Totaly wrong

Not the women part, I think the H3 part is totaly wrong. I can probably drag an RV thru the Rubicon, but should I?

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4024207

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
that is just soooooo cute......i like this passage especially...

"Some passages on the Rubicon Trail are quite constrained and even require outside mirrors to be folded in for proper clearance."

and this one  ::) "and found ourselves repeatedly marveling at what pioneer women more than 100 years earlier must have endured in the wilderness of the American West. "

"I could only imagine their discomfort when realizing their would-be military training grounds were being invaded by nosy women— in Hummers, no less. "

this is great :rofl:   "I focused on moving along a trail that didn't look much like a trail anymore. It looked more like a gutter carved by heavy water runoff with rocks strewn all over it. "

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

olivedrab85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 102
  • Male Posts: 548
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Ghost ride the whip"
    • View Profile
"Some passages on the Rubicon Trail are quite constrained and even require outside mirrors to be folded in for proper clearance."
Some trails will fold in your mirrors and clearance your body panels for you.  :biggthumpup:
"Gotta keep it G rated for Marlin"   my runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26527.0

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
Some trails will fold in your mirrors and clearance your body panels for you.  :biggthumpup:
i was just about to say the same thing

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 760
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
sweet...i've been lookin for somewhere to take my H3...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Awwww, how cute.

:stopit:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I like when they promote stuff like this... that way some :idiot: gets out there with their POS $40K stock H3 thinking they are some kinda wheeling bad :moon: gets it all torn up and everyone passing by in their COMPENTANT wheelers can get a good look as they go by and :haha:

What a bunch of moe rons! :shake:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
I like when they promote stuff like this... that way some :idiot: gets out there with their POS $40K stock H3 thinking they are some kinda wheeling bad :moon: gets it all torn up and everyone passing by in their COMPENTANT wheelers can get a good look as they go by and :haha:

:haha: What? MrsW? u ain't gonna stand up for your fellow women wheelers? :driving:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:haha: What? MrsW? u ain't gonna stand up for your fellow women wheelers? :driving:

screw that, MrsW is a real wheeler :thumbs: :hahaha:  her pics prove it :yupyup:

Not me, 'cause then said :idiot: breaks in the middle of the trail, and holds up the "real" rigs going up cadillac in 2wd :hahaha:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
nah, they are just over $30k stock.  but they can climb a 16 inch vertical wall!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
screw that, MrsW is a real wheeler :thumbs: :hahaha:  her pics prove it :yupyup:
Not me, 'cause then said :idiot: breaks in the middle of the trail, and holds up the "real" rigs going up cadillac in 2wd :hahaha:
  Yeah, and we got the pleasure of getting stuck behind that 'real' rig going up cadillac too!

nah, they are just over $30k stock.  but they can climb a 16 inch vertical wall!
  and they get their practice on the parking bumps in the mall parking lots. :hahaha:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

RockSlayer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 176
  • Male Posts: 101
  • Member since Jan '06
  • A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
    • View Profile
    • Cal4wheelers
I don't know if you guys know this, but you can get an H3 with a 4.0:1 low range, that would make it a little easier. I just don't know if I would trust the pressed on tie rod ends on the steering linkage.

yotabj

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
I don't know if you guys know this, but you can get an H3 with a 4.0:1 low range, that would make it a little easier. I just don't know if I would trust the pressed on tie rod ends on the steering linkage.
Well that changes everything........ they are real rockcrawlin machines :shakehead:
'84  Truggy EFI swap ,5.29's Detroit,welded,Dual Ultimate Cases,22re,3 in. downey,4 in.Marlin Front springs on back  114 wb ,39.5 Rockers,30 Spline Longs

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
:haha:

Well that changes everything........ they are real rockcrawlin machines :shakehead:
even if they are fairly worthy offroad for a stock vehicle I would not consider it to be Rubicon (or the like) worthy mostly because anyone that would buy an H3 thinking they could wheel the Rubicon (or the like) most likely has no idea what those trails are like or what they are doing offroad and is in no position to be on such challenging trails in the first place.

Where is the Mammoth?

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
For all the laughing you are doing Hummer has stepped up to the plate bigtime for the Rubicon Trail. These women are behind donating cash and supplies to FOTR. Also, they have been showing up for work parties and doing hard labor FOR the trail.

[crickets]What have you done for the trail lately?[/crickets]
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
For all the laughing you are doing Hummer has stepped up to the plate bigtime for the Rubicon Trail. These women are behind donating cash and supplies to FOTR. Also, they have been showing up for work parties and doing hard labor FOR the trail.

:thumbs: glad to hear that Hummer is stepping up :yupyup: and I think it is awesome that the women are working their butts of on the trail.  I just hate seeing these stories come out sometimes, because then it seems every Joe Suburbanite thinks his/her rig can handle it, goes out, gets stuck/broken/tears up the trail, destroying the hard work that people do for the trail.

When I lived in Oklahoma, one of the big trails got shut down because 1 guy (big time wheeler, very skilled) finally got a fairly stock jeep wrangler through a very tough trail.  After that, a bunch of unskilled, unprepared idiots went out to try and do the same thing, and destroyed the trail, tore up the vegatation around it, left trash everywhere, and basically just thrashed the place.  :headshake:

-Ronald Reagan

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile

:therethere: dang, now i feel bad :down:
RIP KYOTA