Author Topic: TUNDRA!!!!  (Read 11994 times)

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: TUNDRA!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:57:31 PM »
The 6.0 while smaller in displacement is in fact more powerful than the 7.3 ever was. not to mention it had far more problems. The trucks we have at work have 18k GVW and have had both engines in the past few years and the 6.0 shines for power over the 7.3. As you probably know I h8 Fords  :thumbdown: and as for Dodges....well....lets just say the cummins is the best thing they got going for them right now and  :spankbutt: on all those other diesels right now. My cousin has a 05 3/4 ton and scoots like a car when you get on the freeway and tows like a mother  :thumbs:. As for the D-max it may not be as powerful but it is the quietest of them all and GM is the only manufacturer who builds their own diesel for their product. Sure it's built by Isuzu but we all know GM owns Isuzu.  Ford doesn't own IH and Dodge doesn't own Cummins. I guess Ford or Dodge don't know how to build their own diesel that says a lot about the rest of their products. If GM can only get their head outa their  :moon: and put a SFA under there I would go down and get one right now. Until then I'm happy with my 78 chevy 1/2t. Remember "when you wear blue ovals you might get rammed by a real man wearing a bow tie:rofl2:. I think you know where I stand.    As you were, men.   :soapbox:

A company owned by GM and GM designing diesels is a different story. They purchased Isuzu for its diesel as far as I know which is the same as Toyota buying shares in it. My 7.3L hauls the mail, its far from slow with the 140hp chip.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2007, 12:16:33 AM »
A company owned by GM and GM designing diesels is a different story. They purchased Isuzu for its diesel as far as I know which is the same as Toyota buying shares in it. My 7.3L hauls the mail, its far from slow with the 140hp chip.
Gm still owns Isuzu and has been in bed with them since the 70's. So, no, it wasn't a recent purchase for their diesel  :hammerhead:. They have many products that share more than just an engine, complete platforms, in fact. I also never said the 7.3 was slow I only stated that the 6.0 was more powerful in comparison outa the box  :greengrin:. I also stated that the 6.0 had more problems than the 7.3 ever had which were few. Of course, it will be faster  :biggthumpup: with a power chip that's what those products are for, right? I'm not saying they have a useless product, just one that I choose not to own, that's all. It's just an opinion which we all have a right to as Americans, right?  :usa:

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 890
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:43:51 AM »
OK I am a ford guy and i have a 99 psd 7.3l and ya its was slower than the 6.0 and ya the 6.0 has more power off the lot. The 6.0 in my pinion, well i never own one, to many problems (most from driver dumb a$$nis) and ya they have  worked out most of the bugs but there is a reason why they are going to the 6.4 . And the 6.0 was built for the guy how wonts a big family truck and nows nothing about diesels. You cant beat the that loud diesel rattle that ford dose not try and hide, a truck should sound like a truck.  :twocents:

Back to the tundra if they ever put in a diesel, 8 lugs wheels, and a solid axle up front I'll buy one for towing, until than i will stick with my big ford.
1985 4RUNNER (rip) http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54940.0

1997 T100, 4.88, DUAL T-CASE, R151, lockright in the rear, Alcan springs, 37"S, Bobbed 15", 3.4L TRD Supercharger, JBL headers 
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35174.0

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix

-JOSH-

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:15:22 AM »
Amen, enjoy what make you happy!  :beerchug: I'm a Chevy guy myself  :sly: and if you didn't know I'm not a Ford fan  :ha_ha:.

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »
Thats cool I'm not a Chevy guy. but they all have there good and bad. I like the cummins it an awesome motor but the rest of the dodge suck, the d-max is like riding in a cadi but its an ifs front end i think a ford with a cummins would be sweet. To each his own right. :greengrin:

1997 T100, 4.88, DUAL T-CASE, R151, lockright in the rear, Alcan springs, 37"S, Bobbed 15", 3.4L TRD Supercharger, JBL headers 

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix

-JOSH-

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
Agreed!  :yupyup: They do all have their good and bad but heck, they're all junk. If they weren't I would have never made a career from wrenching. I've always said "there is no perfect vehicle because if there was we would all own that 'one' and I would have to change careers"  :hammerhead:. We all have our reasons to be prejudiced of one product or another And mine comes from having to work on them and choosing what I like or don't like about how they're built or last which will vary on the market in any given area. But I will give credit where credit is due as in my last post. I love when people ask "Will this car break down on me?", When their looking to buy a used car and the look on their face is priceless when I say "YES!".   :haha: Because it will.  Glad to know you enjoy your rig. Afterall, being happy with what you own is the bottom line  :thumbsup:.

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »
 :beerchug:

-JOSH-

Loki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Dec '06
  • What are you lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Feb 08, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Agreed!  :yupyup: They do all have their good and bad but heck, they're all junk. If they weren't I would have never made a career from wrenching. I've always said "there is no perfect vehicle because if there was we would all own that 'one' and I would have to change careers"  :hammerhead:. We all have our reasons to be prejudiced of one product or another And mine comes from having to work on them and choosing what I like or don't like about how they're built or last which will vary on the market in any given area. But I will give credit where credit is due as in my last post. I love when people ask "Will this car break down on me?", When their looking to buy a used car and the look on their face is priceless when I say "YES!".   :haha: Because it will.  Glad to know you enjoy your rig. Afterall, being happy with what you own is the bottom line  :thumbsup:.
look :idiot:
Just joking bro...had to get a crack in  :disturbed:

I'm always happy with what i have, and i'm always happier getting new stuff for the stuff i have  :gap: good post though bro.
88 turd SAS with some "stuff" under it.
MY BUILD UP THREAD

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
So is the Sequoia gonna get all the beef like the new Tundras?
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
So is the Sequoia gonna get all the beef like the new Tundras?

That would be pretty cool!!!
Our dealership just got a couple of the new Tundra's in. All with the Tow package too.  Now I need a better paying job and I can get one!!!!! :gap:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 08, 2007, 11:59:30 PM »
look :idiot:
Just joking bro...had to get a crack in  :disturbed:

I'm always happy with what i have, and i'm always happier getting new stuff for the stuff i have  :gap: good post though bro.
Just my  :twocents:......What can I say?  :dunno: :ha_ha:  :beerchug: