Author Topic: The "Stupid is as stupid does" thread  (Read 7746 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
The "Stupid is as stupid does" thread
« on: Jul 02, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
Ok, this isn't bout what YOU have done that's stupid, but what people you know have done that's stupid. I'll start :shake:

I got on duty on Thursday afternoon at the boys home that I work at.  I am in the process of training a new staff, so she was there with me and the boys.  I smell this rotten nasty smell in the living room and asked one of my boys what the smell was (coming from the laundry room).  He guessed one of the other boys put their dirty shoes in the dryer, which was also thumping as if it had shoes in it.  SO, thinkin I'm goin to pull out some nasty shoes out of the dryer, I go open the dryer, gag at the smell  :puke: , and start rifling through the dryer.  My hand touched something HOT, SOFT, and MUSHY.  :yikes: One of the boys had put ranch CAT in the dryer... had been in there for probably 3 hours total with the dryer on.  Now I'm  :sick: and  :mad: :maddest: :tantrum: :snare: 

come to find out, someone had left the dryer open for a while as they watched a movie.  The cat climbed in to sleep on the clothes, after the movie they closed it and turned it back on.... supposedly didn't even know the cat was in there :down:

Now I hate cats, especially this one, but this one held a dear place in my grandfather's heart.  So as much as I hated it, I still get upset when I think of the stupidity :shake:  :shake_head:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: The "Stupid is as stupid does" thread
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2006, 03:00:05 PM »
Oh I so did not need to read that!! That is not stupid, that is MALICIOUS!!!

That cat would have been making a hell of a noise when they started that dryer, you can not tell me it was not done intentionally.

You got a few boys there that need some serious psychological attention and FAST, killing small animals is the first step to becoming a full blown seriel killer.

That is the saddest thing I think I have ever read. I am heart broken. I would have been devastated if I found that. One or more of those boys needs to pay for what they/he did, that is so WRONG!

OMG, I can't believe how mad that made me to read that someone would do that to that poor animal. None of Gods innocent creatures deserves to be tortured.

I don't care if you hate cats, what a horrible death that had to be.

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2006, 03:04:55 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
   +    = bad
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:06:16 PM »
:yikes:  WTF   thumbeda MEAOWWWWWWWWWWW    thummpida  MEAOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

thumpida  MEOOOOOWOWWWWWW

somebody needs a :kickbutt:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:09:37 PM »
  :rivers: 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »
That has got to be the most torturous death ever. So sad.
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:27:44 PM »

You got a few boys there that need some serious psychological attention and FAST, killing small animals is the first step to becoming a full blown seriel killer.

X2! And that's no joke!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
I dont get it, you said one of the boys put the cat in there then said the dryer was left open and the cat climbed in on its own, which is it?  maybe the worthless mass of turd making hair and bones couldnt hack it anymore and decided to end it???

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2006, 04:36:24 PM »
The boys first said one of the other boys put his sneakers in the dryer.

THEN after that they make up the excuse that they left the dryer open and the cat got in. What is it? The dryer was going and you thought it was sneakers or the dryer was open and you didn't know the cat got in.

What a bunch of bull crap!

I dont get it, you said one of the boys put the cat in there then said the dryer was left open and the cat climbed in on its own, which is it?  maybe the worthless mass of turd making hair and bones couldnt hack it anymore and decided to end it???

If a cat is at the end of it's life it doesn't jump in a dryer :slap: you'll just never see it again. They know when their time is come, they don't committ suicide!

I don't give a crap if you don't like cats, that crap is totatly effed up if you ask me.

Where is the Mammoth?

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2006, 06:35:12 PM »
Our neighbor did that to their cat. Left the drier door open and the cat would sleep on the clothes. One day they closed the door and started up the drier. I guess the cat didn't want to scream out cause it was too proud and didn't want anyone to know it effed up.

That'e almost as bad as hooking the dogs leash to the bumper, forgetting it is back there and driving off down the interstate.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 02, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »

OK OK, yeah, I get the Vacation reference. But I didn't like that then either. "Poor little guy probably kept up for a while..."   

You can give me the worst of mans inhumanity to man (or children) stories there are and not that I approve or anything, but I'll shrug them off, but give me tragic animal stories, even if in jest, and I'm  :rivers:

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Jul 02, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »
The funny thing is i was at my sisters one day  and the cat was in the dryer on the close  think they where mine  well they where dry i yelld at the cat.   
But ya  it's the cats fault mostly. I mean come on  how many here check after throwing your close in the dryer  for  strange objets?
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 02, 2006, 06:58:59 PM »
I'm not saying it's not possible, and I am sure it does happen.

BUT NOT IN THIS CASE! Look at the facts. First they said it was someones stanky sneakers, so they had a reason to cover for the smell, then they said "OH, we left the door open and the cat must have crawled in". THEY KNEW!

FFC works with a lot of less then desirable kids and it's just a matter of time before they get the worst of the worst there, a seriel killer in the making.

I've been wanting her to get out of that place for the longest time.

This is not about stupid, this is about outright malicious and murderous behavior.

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »
:dunno: i used to kill small animals for fun when i was a kid and i turned out just  fine :screwy: 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:06:24 PM »
Oh fine, make light of the boys FFC has to watch over. Next thing you know we'll be seeing the made for TV movie "Slaughter at the Boys Ranch"

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

BUT NOT IN THIS CASE! Look at the facts. First they said it was someones stanky sneakers, so they had a reason to cover for the smell, then they said "OH, we left the door open and the cat must have crawled in". THEY KNEW!

FFC works with a lot of less then desirable kids and it's just a matter of time before they get the worst of the worst there, a seriel killer in the making.

This is not about stupid, this is about outright malicious and murderous behavior.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »
 :imwithstupid:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:50:55 PM »
Not to mention she wrote the cat would have been in the dryer for 3 HOURS??
Does anyones dryer run for 3 HOURS? I thought mine was slow but it's about 40-45 minutes tops for jeans!

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:51:07 PM »
Sorry first post messed up :screwy:

:werd:  and chances are, even if it was a complete mistake, they knew as soon as it turned on.  Most cats'll holler like crazy when they start getting dried :yesnod:  I'm betting this one prolly did too.  

FFC, you got some crazy boys there, Glad you're getting out :thumbs:  

I hate cats, I really do, but stuff like that pisses me off.  just because I hate the stupid things doesn't give me the right to torture it :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
 :rivers: it makes me so sad every time I think about it.  :rivers:

I can only hope CT doesn't see this, but he will.

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 2006, 11:42:19 PM »
You're right, they did say that the stinky sneakers were in the dryer, that's what they said the thump and smell were.  It's still unknown to us for sure what really happened, I just know when I saw that cat in the dryer after feelin it I was mortified.  Yes it was an experience that I DO NOT EVER want to re-live.  :shudder: :sheerterror:  I have an idea of who did it, and the way it happened, but he tells the story differently, and he is pretty tore up. Especially since he told the boss (my grandpa) about it.  My grandpa is the most understanding man I know, and he didn't understand this bull :pokinit:

The dryer does not turn itself off automatically.  It stays on all day if someone doesn't turn it off.  Again, I don't know why or how someone didn't hear that cat scream, cuz we all know cats CAN scream, specially that b*std :o .

RIP George :down:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

TrikeKid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 782
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »
I hate cats with a passion, but I'll put up with them if they're decent (I've run into a few that just plain sucked, but others that were cool as hell) I don't have a problem with it, this is just fawked up. If you're gonna mess with a cat, do something non deadly or injuring, like putting duct tape on the bottom of their feet (amusing, and does no harm to the cat), you don't put them in a dryer.
85 Xtra-Cab- stuff and things.

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2006, 07:47:24 AM »
I know how you feel Justina, I was cleaning out wire and crap that gets caught up under a crusher  I use to work around years ago and was reaching way up into the cone crusher from underneath pulling on plastic and wire and whatever (WHILE WE WERE SHUTDOWN OF COURSE!!). I got ahold of this nice furry thing (thinking a piece of carpet) and starting yanking away, damn things stuck and wont come out so I really start pulling on it when it lets go. I pull my arm out to throw it down and look in my hand  :yikes: a gray digger, probably a 5 pounder  :yikes: all rotten and maggotized  :yumyum: I had the death grip on it from tearing it out and no gloves.

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jul 03, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »
I know how you feel Justina, I was cleaning out wire and crap that gets caught up under a crusher  I use to work around years ago and was reaching way up into the cone crusher from underneath pulling on plastic and wire and whatever (WHILE WE WERE SHUTDOWN OF COURSE!!). I got ahold of this nice furry thing (thinking a piece of carpet) and starting yanking away, damn things stuck and wont come out so I really start pulling on it when it lets go. I pull my arm out to throw it down and look in my hand  :yikes: a gray digger, probably a 5 pounder  :yikes: all rotten and maggotized  :yumyum: I had the death grip on it from tearing it out and no gloves.

GOOH! - Billy Madison
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #25 on: Jul 03, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
We're unsure exactly what happened and how the cat ended up in there.  The boys' story is the dryer was open and the cat climbed in to sleep and no one checked it before closing it and turning it back on after the movie was over (the dryer's loud and they couldn't hear the movie over the dryer).  After a lot of consideration it seems that it was done on purpose.  :dunno: :shake:

Kyle, you know how it feels :shudder:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jul 03, 2006, 01:48:18 PM »
I'd say that there is some serious butt kickin in order!  But with the kids your dealing with that would not help!  I know these type of kids have to be treated differently!  I know, I have a friend that works in a group home, with kids between the ages of 9 to 13.  And she can tell some scarey  :yikes: stuff of what they have seen and done!  She's got one little guy that is the most artistic 12 year old that uses the wrong type of supplies!  They have to "LOCK" the diaper on him!  Oh! and the sexual predator at the age of 13! 

So, how many days till FORD?

As for cats, I'm sorry!  I understand if a cat has the habit of crawling in on it's own.  But being tossed in is no way for a cat to go!  I've had a girlfriend that had the two laziest and stupidest cats on the face of the Earth!  If they were outside cats, they wouldn't have made it a day outside!  Well, I had enough of them (2 pure bred persians, gf paid $1000 for them) crapping everywhere but the litter box!  The bed, couch, kitchen counter & so on!  One day I was drinking with my bro-in-law and got to the point I had enough!  And they were taken out with LEAD!  10 millimeter type!  I love cats don't get me wrong!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2006, 01:51:56 PM »
I'd say that there is some serious butt kickin in order!  But with the kids your dealing with that would not help!  I know these type of kids have to be treated differently!  I know, I have a friend that works in a group home, with kids between the ages of 9 to 13.  And she can tell some scarey  :yikes: stuff of what they have seen and done!  She's got one little guy that is the most artistic 12 year old that uses the wrong type of supplies!  They have to "LOCK" the diaper on him!  Oh! and the sexual predator at the age of 13! 

So, how many days till FORD?

!

Our boys are ages 12-19 :ack:

Ford, I'm not sure.  I know for sure I'm already employed, but the DM hasn't been in yet.  I'm waitin on their phone call.  I talked to the big boss and he keeps assuring me he'll call as soon as the DM gets better :crossed: :greengrin:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #28 on: Jul 03, 2006, 10:02:01 PM »
My nephew has a cat and it would just climb right in the dryer while he was loading it all the time. He did finally show kitty what would happen if one day he climbed in and no one saw him. Kitty never got in again, sometimes you just gotta show 'em the down side of trying to sneak in a warm place.

Now on to the stupidest thing I ever saw, when I was like 7 or 8 a friend of mine climbed into a commercial dryer at an apartment complex after dropping a quarter in the machine. Yes Darwin lived but he had a headache for about a week. Fortunatly for him I came along and heard this thumping noise, the machine was bouncing around so I pulled open the door and he fell out.

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2006, 05:38:36 PM »
Sounds like the cat sleeping on top of the 7.3L turbo diesel.   Requires replacing fanbelt, hood blanket, and of course the cat usually.