Author Topic: MrsPATaco's Burple Civic! (No Haters Please)  (Read 12687 times)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
MrsPATaco's Burple Civic! (No Haters Please)
« on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:23:44 PM »
OK so, at the garage that worked on Brian's Toyota, they have an impound yard, and I was there one day looking into the impound yard and this beauty called out to me....."Help me Jan!  I'm not ready to die!"  I started talkin to the guy who owns the joint, he said some kid with no insurance rolled it over and just left it sit in the impound yard and eventually just handed over the title.  It's a 97 Civic EX, and the kid already had a body kit and full exhaust on it.  The front nose piece got demo'd in the wreck, and it needed some work, but it started right up and purred like a .  My Dad happens to be a body man, so I knew I was in.  Anyway, long story short, I got the car delivered to my Dad's house for $750.

Here are the pics as it looked when I bought it.  Next post will start the progress.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2006, 11:01:19 AM by MrsPAtaco13 »
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: MrsPATaco's Burple Civic!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »
OK....I'm running short on time here so I just want to get the pics up and then I'll add more description later.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:29:31 PM »
Holy crap! Looks good but be careful with that front clip! I've seen so many ripped off by hitting a bump! Is it lowered? Is that a carbon fiber trunk?  :cheese: i like the headlights too. Did u cut out vents on the fenders or is that part of the body kit?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »
it is a ricer!..... haha, looks like my little radio control car... lol

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:53:22 PM »
Not badly damaged for a  roll  :thumbs:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »
it's a ricer thing, I wouldn't understand :dunno:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:03:58 PM »
http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html MPA, I found the perfect mod for your civic. Free 50 hp!!! Check it!!!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:18:01 PM »
got me thinkin about building up the celica again :eyebrow:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
Holy crap! Looks good but be careful with that front clip! I've seen so many ripped off by hitting a bump! Is it lowered? Is that a carbon fiber trunk?  :cheese: i like the headlights too. Did u cut out vents on the fenders or is that part of the body kit?

Thanks!  Both fenders needed work so we got Z3 replica fenders off of ebay.  We built another Civic up before and got nearly everything off of eBay.  Civics are soooo cheap to build up!  Anyway, there are slotted inserts for those vents in the fenders.

Headlights came from eBay too.  I thought they would set the carbon fiber off nicely.

VIS carbon fiber trunk lid, that was already on the car.  I know that it is worth almost $400.  And the dual exhaust setup that the kid had on it is like $1500 so that's why I was so excited to get the car for $750.

I'm looking for a VIS carbon fiber hood to match the trunk lid but the one I want is $600 and that will have to wait a little bit.

It's *not* lowered...I hate that!  Lowered cars are nearly impossible to drive in PA.  We did this to another Civic a few years ago and I HATED driving it as a daily driver.  But this one won't be my DD.  But I'm still not lowering it.

Here's a pic of the one we built before.  It was a 93 DX, bottom of the line turd.  haha.  Traded it in on my 4Runner!  Yes, I know the big wing is :gay: but it seemed like a cool idea at the time.  haha.  We're NOT doing any sort of rear spoiler/wing on this one.

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:19:42 PM »
did you guys see the civic they did on overhaulin? i think for a civic it was cool, they made an integrated wing into the trunk lid that looked really nice

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:26:04 PM »
it is a ricer!..... haha, looks like my little radio control car... lol

haha!  That's pretty cool Jim.  And that's kind of like the hood that I'm looking for!  LOL. Think it'll fit??  haha

I didn't see the Civic on overhaulin.  I bet it was sweet.  They can do some pretty wild things wtih them.

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:27:47 PM »
Not badly damaged for a  roll  :thumbs:

Nope, the damage was actually quite minimal for a rollover.  The hardest part was fixing the crinkly top around the moonroof.  We had to get a whole new driver's side door and windshield.  Other than that, it's going to be replacement parts from eBay.  I had my Dad check it over really good before I bought it and there is no major damage, just body damage.  :cheer:

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 12, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
Noooooooooooooooooo!

What are you doing?!  You moved to the dark side!

Hondas..........how dare you, betray your poor poor Toyota like that.

So, what are you planning on doing to the motor?  Or are you going for full asthetics? Ive got a '90 Camry that Im slowly doing a 3sgte conversion on. Now, are the roads just plain horrible in PA? You could go with coilovers for a minimal drop, and still have decent suspension. Not bouncing down the road.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »
I just don't know about all this.
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »
oh snap   time for some bling bling 26's wif spinnahs
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:48:20 AM »
oh snap   time for some bling bling 26's wif spinnahs
wheeeeeeee! can't forget these too!   :cheese:
RIP KYOTA

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
wheeeeeeee! can't forget these too!   :cheese:

YES!   Mrs PA, ya have to get one!
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2006, 01:36:26 PM »
http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html MPA, I found the perfect mod for your civic. Free 50 hp!!! Check it!!!
:suprised:  :rofl:   And with that coffee can you can put a bigger spinnie propeller in  Wheeeee!

So not only this but also a cardboard Wing..   :silly:    What about the neon lights. and the splash graffix....  :yupyup:

anyhoo have fun with your new build up..
 :D
I like to Drive!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #18 on: Jun 12, 2006, 03:39:16 PM »
I gotta say Jan, I'm impressed :yupyup: I'm on my third Honda and I've loved all 3 of em.  I just keep gettin the old late 80's models and keep gettin rid of em before they get rid of me :disturbed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 12, 2006, 07:50:54 PM »
What are you doing?!  You moved to the dark side!

So, what are you planning on doing to the motor?  Or are you going for full asthetics? Ive got a '90 Camry that Im slowly doing a 3sgte conversion on. Now, are the roads just plain horrible in PA? You could go with coilovers for a minimal drop, and still have decent suspension. Not bouncing down the road.

Heyyyy now.....I am a very very loyal Toyota lover....for trucks.  But I prefer Honda cars.  And our Toyota trucks have always gotten along with our Honda cars out there in the garage and driveway for years.  :yesnod:  This is my 4th Honda and they've never done me wrong.   :nope:

Ehhh.....there are a lot of bad roads and stuff but I guess I just don't really care enough to lower it.  I'd really be afraid to drive it anywhere then, I dunno.  And no engine mods in the plans just yet.  Right now I just want a pretty car.  hehehe.

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2006, 07:59:16 PM »
I gotta say Jan, I'm impressed :yupyup: I'm on my third Honda and I've loved all 3 of em.  I just keep gettin the old late 80's models and keep gettin rid of em before they get rid of me :disturbed:

Thank you so much for the support FFC!  :smooch:

And I want you guys to know that I really value your input on the mod suggestions.  I will seriously consider the coffee can, the 26" spinnahs, and the cardboard wing.  Unfortunately, I simply can't get on board with the splash graphics or neon lights.  I'm sorry wermz.  ;)

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 12, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »
Heyyyy now.....I am a very very loyal Toyota lover....for trucks.  But I prefer Honda cars.  And our Toyota trucks have always gotten along with our Honda cars out there in the garage and driveway for years.  :yesnod:  This is my 4th Honda and they've never done me wrong.   :nope:

Ehhh.....there are a lot of bad roads and stuff but I guess I just don't really care enough to lower it.  I'd really be afraid to drive it anywhere then, I dunno.  And no engine mods in the plans just yet.  Right now I just want a pretty car.  hehehe.

Your so superficial...gosh!  Goin for looks.

I owned 2 hondas, both crapped out on me big time. This is why Im not a fan. 

Im not talkin slammin it to the grouind here, just gettin an agressive look to it. Pretty car...sheesh.
Max

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 12, 2006, 08:52:13 PM »
:bat: r these guys giving u crap MPA? Lemme at 'em! :bat:
RIP KYOTA

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »

see, it dont get me excited when you whip out the bat DTB...just doesnt work. 

oh....Mrs PA..........GIT R DONE!
Max

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:04:06 AM »
i actually like my sisters 99 civic ex, its a 5 speed, black, sunroof, cd player, 1.6 sohc vtec, coupe... its pretty plush too.....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2006, 12:44:34 PM »

OH CRAP!  Look out, dtb is gonna ram you guys with his bad motor scooter......or atleast nudge into you at an annoyingly low speed
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »
  Unfortunately, I simply can't get on board with the splash graphics or neon lights.  I'm sorry wermz.  ;)

:D  :clap2:   yeah!!  you passed the Test..      those things are horrible..    Taken care of those cars can be really reliable.

OH CRAP!  Look out, dtb is gonna ram you guys with his bad motor scooter......or atleast nudge into you at an annoyingly low speed

:rofl:
I like to Drive!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 2006, 08:09:55 PM »
Taken care of those cars can be really reliable.

I think this is more often than not the case for many cars/trucks, it's just that certain models/brands are more tolerant of mis-use and poor maintenance
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jun 13, 2006, 11:03:46 PM »
see, it dont get me excited when you whip out the bat DTB...just doesnt work. 

Don't mess with me, boy. 

35mph would probably inflict some type of damage! :yikes: u guys better watch yer steps :eye:
RIP KYOTA

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
Don't mess with me, boy. 
 35mph would probably inflict some type of damage! :yikes: u guys better watch yer steps :eye:

to your kneecaps
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !