Author Topic: DELETE THIS THREAD!!!  (Read 10735 times)

awhotrods

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 154
  • Male Posts: 1,203
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
DELETE THIS THREAD!!!
« on: Jun 07, 2006, 08:34:08 PM »
delete this post
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2007, 12:11:48 AM by awhotrods »

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Just picked up a 48 CJ!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »
Ummmm..... thats out of my league, I've read that thread more than a few times!

Read this. :gap:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2006, 08:47:02 PM »
Well, since you don't know what you're gonna do yet, it makes it hard to say.  Trail-ready DD, full-trail rig, mall-crawler, what do you think you want?

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »
I'm going for trail-ready dd,  I know the axles need to get upgraded, and want to go spring over..  Thats about it so far.

Well, since you don't know what you're gonna do yet, it makes it hard to say.  Trail-ready DD, full-trail rig, mall-crawler, what do you think you want?

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »
Toy axles, maybe 10bolts or 44s if you wanna go wider.  If you wanna keep it cheap, I'd find a couple sets of toy rears and maybe some F150s to do your springs... :dunno:

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2006, 09:39:01 PM »
I'm thinking some waggy 44's front and back, I'm going to PNP this weekend to do some axle & spring hunting.

Toy axles, maybe 10bolts or 44s if you wanna go wider.  If you wanna keep it cheap, I'd find a couple sets of toy rears and maybe some F150s to do your springs... :dunno:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2006, 10:18:31 PM »
If it has not been done yet box the frame, it is very weak if you flex it out. Broke my 48's frame on the Rubicon and it was boxed, it's very common to break around the shock towers and the steering box especially if you go to power steering.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

corrupt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2006, 10:26:48 PM »
gongrats :clap:you bought a bigger piese of crap jeep, then what the gay guys :stopit:,college kids and daddy's little girls drive around these days.
 :attention:newsflash those old flatfenders are pure crap i hope you dont plan to build up, this poor excuse for a vecheil and if you are i would start from scratch and just use the body if you like that hideous willy's flatfender look
 :crazy:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2006, 10:32:21 PM »
gongrats :clap:you bought a bigger piese of crap jeep, then what the gay guys :stopit:,college kids and daddy's little girls drive around these days.
 :attention:newsflash those old flatfenders are pure crap i hope you dont plan to build up, this poor excuse for a vecheil and if you are i would start from scratch and just use the body if you like that hideous willy's flatfender look

:headshake:

Dude, I haven't seen you around in a while! 

Axles of course, lockers, I don't even know what drietrain is in there?  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

corrupt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »
i would flip this thing i hope you didnt pay to much for it, dont waste your time on it by the way that first gen you built on you advatar is a bad piece of machinery :thumbs:

corrupt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2006, 10:40:55 PM »

Axles of course, lockers, I don't even know what drietrain is in there?  :dunno:

ive been flyn low it seems like all my post get deleted ,i guess the truth hurts

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2006, 09:23:55 PM »
Here are some pics of the old beast...

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 08, 2006, 09:27:55 PM »

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 08, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
I've been busy with work, (bad excuse) I'm definitely stretching it out a few inches, spring over, 44's, and either 35's or 37" MTR's.  Also thinking about swapping in a military style grille, paint it army green, with black rockcrawlers.  I might be flipping it as well.  At least, that's what I told myself to justify buying it!  LOL

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2006, 09:35:20 PM »
umm... why don't you tell us how you really feel??  LOL!  I have no problem with a sick built jeep, even though I'm a yota guy.  Probably the same reason I have a 55 chevy, and pull it with a ford truck.  go figure!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2006, 09:56:13 PM »
umm... why don't you tell us how you really feel??  LOL!  I have no problem with a sick built jeep, even though I'm a yota guy.  Probably the same reason I have a 55 chevy, and pull it with a ford truck.  go figure!

I think ol'boy has some issues he needs to work thru. I don't see how he's not :banned: yet. Do you have pictures? :worthless: EDIT:  I see the pics now :doh: sorry
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2006, 10:03:05 PM by DirToyBoy »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:23:56 PM »
ive been flyn low it seems like all my post get deleted ,i guess the truth hurts

Not you, awhotrods  :hahaha:  he's the one I haven't seen around in a while. 

Its not the truth that gets your posts deleted, its the unecessary, asinine way that you post it.  :thumbs:

And I've seen some pretty well built flatfenders, in fact; I beleive there is a bright yellow one on the board here somewheres?  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:08:14 AM »

It's because you are corrupt :yikes: You do seem to have nothing good to say. I just reviewed all your posts. I'd suggest more tact.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2006, 05:22:00 AM »
I'd suggest he check out the Making of and Sightings of the Willy Mammoth threads (also a '48) and then tell us what a piece of pure crap those flatfenders are! :bat: 

Can't wait to see what you do with it awhotrods, those Jeeps are so sweet!  :thumbs:

GIT'R DUN!  :bud:

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2006, 05:27:11 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »
are ya gonna paint it yeller :eyebrow: 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2006, 07:50:22 AM »
It's because you are corrupt :yikes: You do seem to have nothing good to say. I just reviewed all your posts. I'd suggest more tact.

:werd:

You know what they say, people tend to live up to their names

awhotrods, that's sick!! Can't wait to see what you're gonna do to it :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #22 on: Jun 11, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »
I'd suggest he check out the Making of and Sightings of the Willy Mammoth threads (also a '48) and then tell us what a piece of pure crap those flatfenders are! :bat: 

Can't wait to see what you do with it awhotrods, those Jeeps are so sweet!  :thumbs:

GIT'R DUN!  :bud:

I'd have to say that this is the baddest non-truggy, non-buggy rig out there and it is a Jeep, er Nissan, er Toyota.... well what ever it is it is still the baddest rig I've seen. I'd go for it build it looks pretty clean, just do something to the frame, get an old postal jeep it's the same frame, strip it down and box it out, put under yours the postal frames are a lot stronger than the CJ2 frame.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

RockSlayer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 176
  • Male Posts: 101
  • Member since Jan '06
  • A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
    • View Profile
    • Cal4wheelers
« Reply #23 on: Jun 12, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »
:beerchug: Sounds like a cool rig.  :thumbs: You can't beat the good looks of those flatfenders.  :pimp: You have a newer one than I have though, Mines a 43'.  :nana: My plans are pretty straightforward. I have a CMFI 4.3L V6, bolting up to a SM420/Toybox/Toyota t-case, and some Toyota axles I have laying around.  :driving: Should be a capable crawler when it's all done.

How do you want yours to be when it's all grown up?

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 12, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »
Well, for a little update...  I picked up the Jeep as planned on Saturday, much to my surprise, it actually started right up and drove onto the trailer.  I spent some time looking it over, it looks like it has a buick V6 already swapped in with some long tube headers and holley carb.  I also got 2 extra hoods, a tailgate, windshield, and a bunch of extra parts for it.  I ended picking up an original MB (military grille) for it as well while driving back to Roseville.  Right now, I know I want 44's front and back, probably use stock waggy springs with a spring over, build a custom front drop box and rear bumper so I can stretch wheel base a few inches.  I also picked 2 gallons of original olive drab flat army paint from a surplus shop.  When the dust settles, I'm picturing sick army jeep on 35 or 37" MTR's with black wheels and roll bar.  I'm still considering flipping it for some extra cash, so trying to keep the build cost down to a minimum.  Pics to come!

:beerchug: Sounds like a cool rig.  :thumbs: You can't beat the good looks of those flatfenders.  :pimp: You have a newer one than I have though, Mines a 43'.  :nana: My plans are pretty straightforward. I have a CMFI 4.3L V6, bolting up to a SM420/Toybox/Toyota t-case, and some Toyota axles I have laying around.  :driving: Should be a capable crawler when it's all done.

How do you want yours to be when it's all grown up?

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »
Awesome man, I am totally envious of you.   I want an old flattie so bad I would almost trade my yota.  OK maybe not that bad but sweet score, I think a Flattie is my next build.

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »
LOL, they are so cool when built right!

Awesome man, I am totally envious of you.   I want an old flattie so bad I would almost trade my yota.  OK maybe not that bad but sweet score, I think a Flattie is my next build.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2006, 08:14:39 PM by awhotrods »

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 15, 2006, 08:45:33 PM »
I'm heading up to Roseville to work on the Jeep this weekend, probably try to pick up the axles, springs, and some hangers.  Time to get out the torch and go to town on the stock junk!

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jun 15, 2006, 10:36:18 PM »
Sweet build, cant wait to see what it looks like when done. Dont forget progrress pics..

What ever happened to your yota? not sure if I missed it on here or not.

RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

awhotrods [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jun 17, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »
I need to take some progress pics, today I ripped out all the suspension and stock axles, found a pair of offset 44's out of a late 70's waggy.  Rocksurfer knows his stuff, there's a nice crack on the drivers side frame rail between the shock tower and powersteering box.  I'm thinking of cutting off the frame a couple feet back, and building my own with 2x3 box tubing.  Damn I opened a can of worms with this project!!  Oh yeah, I sold my yota about 6 months ago.  Kinda miss it every now and then...

Sweet build, cant wait to see what it looks like when done. Dont forget progrress pics..

What ever happened to your yota? not sure if I missed it on here or not.