Author Topic: a special thank you to our troops  (Read 149573 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: a special thank you to our troops
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2005, 12:38:39 PM »
OK Glen, get mama on the Tater Salad for the Troops!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »
consider the package on the way Sarge and  :usa:
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 110
  • Male Posts: 46
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Off to Afghanistan again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:21:58 PM »
On a more serious note, this has been my second deployment in the last 31 months. I was there when we crossed the border and invaded Iraq in 2003, came home for 11 months and shipped right back out here. I have seen my 3 year old daughter grow up on the computer. It is tough but I keep reminding myself that it is people like you all that keep me re-enlisting back into the military. Now I have been Afghanistan for the last 9 months (due to go home in March) just to turn around and come back again in 10 months. On the 4th of July 2005 my son was born, and now I am going to get to watch him grow up over the computer as well. This will equal out to 3 year long deployments ins less than 5 years, it is hard but here is something to remember, all of our grandparents/ great grandparents who were shipped off to Europe and the Pacific for WW2..they did not come home until it was done, or they were incapacitated in some way shape or form, so I remind myself of that and drive on, because if those of us in uniform don't do it....who will :usa:
Chris-

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:32:36 PM »
ok,  you makin me cry now :rivers:   chris  man  we love you :usa:  i copied your address down  and will do my best,  ($ problems :down: )  to keep you in good spirits,  :usa:  we hear about Iraq everyday  but they seldom speak of all our guys in afghanistan  we wont forget you, 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:22:31 PM »
ok,  you makin me cry now :rivers:   chris  man  we love you :usa:  i copied your address down  and will do my best,  ($ problems :down: )  to keep you in good spirits,  :usa:  we hear about Iraq everyday  but they seldom speak of all our guys in afghanistan  we wont forget you, 

We got people there too ..  I fear the next battlefield will be Europe, with the large increase in the Muslim Population over the last few years.
Imagine France on a multi-country level.   I just don't want to think of the horror that would result.

2pwrlftrs4u

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Female Posts: 4
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Condos For Sale in Afghanistan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 22, 2005, 11:07:15 PM »
 newbie... chris pulled me over to see this thread. been deployed with him both times. and several before 911 happend. wanted to say thanks to you all

swampdonkey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -265
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Oct '05
  • okinawa jungle wheeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:35:04 AM »
thank you for your support, it is really appreciated by all of the folks I serve with, I've just returned from my second tour at Balad AB Iraq, glad to be home where the people care about us... TSgt Mark S. Pilgrim
1986 pickup 35x12.50's, SAS, flatbed, lockers, 22R--Idaho
1984 Hilux Surf 36x13.50's lockers showercurtain back window, 3YJ engine --RIP (rust in pieces) Okinawa Japan--

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
newbie... chris pulled me over to see this thread. been deployed with him both times. and several before 911 happend. wanted to say thanks to you all
ah  chris,  as in 93jspec,  i thought you meant Kris from barksdale afb  :smack:

oh well :usa:  thank you all
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »
Can we really send fudge and cookies to that address above? Are there restrictions we should know about?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »
thank you for your support, it is really appreciated by all of the folks I serve with, I've just returned from my second tour at Balad AB Iraq, glad to be home where the people care about us... TSgt Mark S. Pilgrim

Ahh Balad, we are the Army battalion that cleared the obsticals to invade Iraq, plus we built a small c130 airstrip south west of baghdad, and then we fixed all of the "bomb craters" in Balads air field...I remember Balad very well...and the daily mortar and rocket attack's that went with the place, we left there in March 04...and yes the Address i posted is real......now we are building roads in A-Stan....we just finished a 110K road from Kandahar to Tarin Kwot (spelling) now we are building another out by the Pakistan border. Well the engineers do all of this, I am just supply, but they like to stick me on te security missions because of my previous infantry experiance :hammer: . It gets me off the FOB and lets me meet the real people of Afghanistan though..they are hard workers (unlike the typical Iraqi) I mean how many 75 year old men do you see using a shovel to dig a trench so that the village will have a better water supply..these are some rugged people.
Chris-

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2005, 08:51:52 AM »
awesome,  makes you feel better liberating people when they actually appreciate what your doing

:usa:

chris,  a friend sent me alot of cookies for the christmas holiday,  since im a diabetic i might just send ya some

My sister wants to know if you know a guy named Winston Boswell, he is army national guard . colorado, in afghanistan

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Dec 24, 2005, 08:30:09 PM »
I will look, but the name does not ring a bell, their are about 10,000 us troops here in A-Stan..about 1/2 or more are NG or reserve. I will keep an eye out though. :usa:
Chris-

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Dec 30, 2005, 06:28:33 PM »
No matter what the stupid politicians and the "peace at all costs" folks say, I'm proud to be an American, and I'm proud of each and every one of you who are currently serving overseas. I did my tour in the first gulf war, and know what hardships you guys and gals are going thru. It is not easy by any means, and I just want to add my  :twocents: to let you know that I appreciate everything you are doing, and all the BS you are having to deal with.

Please come home safe, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New years.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 01, 2006, 07:01:27 AM »
 Happy New Year guys :usa: May 2006 bring you all home safely. :bowdown:

Where is the Mammoth?

toynorcal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 96
  • Male Posts: 435
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Easyline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:30:20 PM »
Just now saw this thread and wanted to say thank you with the rest. Weither your getting hostile fire pay or not, being away from home is always tough. A random thank you more than we ask, so this is great to see. Thank you all and here's to you Glen  :beerchug:

We took this photo for our family's on our last deployment, but for what its worth, here ya go :usa:

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:26:29 AM »
just wondering what kind of tower that is behind you guys is that a parachute drop tower
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

toynorcal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Easyline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 04, 2006, 01:00:52 PM »
No, those are radio towers...uhf,vhf,hf, ect.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:34:09 PM »
No, those are radio towers...uhf,vhf,hf, ect.

Looks like there may be a LF or maybe a VLF setup there as well.. They do any listening  to or  talking with the Naval Sub-mariners?

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
To all the U.S. Armed Forces :usa:   I served for 3 years and would still be in if they had let me change my M.O.S.  Sewing for the Army wasn't very fun!! Though I did get to go to St. Thomas for 3 weeks for a Hurricane relief.  :usa:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:06:01 AM »
Got your package today MWM..soldiers are enjoying all the chocolate coverd nuts :yikes: and as you can see I am enjoying the Marlin Stickers. I am going to put them around the base I am currently on now..it will be fun kinda like the traveling gnome.  :hammer:
Chris-

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2006, 03:30:11 AM »
If you get a chance stick one on the bomb we drop on the next insurgent hideout. and send them all to val-CRAWL-a.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 05, 2006, 04:28:23 AM »
93J! Nice picture, thanks for sharing. LOL! Glad to hear the soldier are enjoying their nuts :headscratch: wait... :rofl:

I love the roaming gnome thing. The roaming turtle. You'll have to take pics of where you stick them. I know I sent a bunch of the 6"ers

And LRS! That is a mighty fine idea! That will be the one to git'r dun! :bud:

Where is the Mammoth?

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:12:51 AM »
I will see if I can get one slapped on an Apaches Hellfire missle..that will be the fastest crawler ever I bet..hehehe. :yikes:
Chris-

toynorcal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Easyline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Jan 05, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »
Looks like there may be a LF or maybe a VLF setup there as well.. They do any listening to or talking with the Naval Sub-mariners?

You are right on the money, thats what 90% of the antenna field is used for.

93Jspec

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2006, 02:50:19 AM »
The crawling Marlin gett'n around:

Kandahar Airfield Afghanistan, dinning facility door......where will it be next???
Chris-

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2006, 04:06:10 AM »
 :woohoo:

Where is the Mammoth?

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #56 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
Hey guys, my sister sent me this, don't know if any of you have seen it or not, so pass it on :psss:

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love
for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked, "What can we do to make things better for you?", is...,"We need your support and your prayers". Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something
red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON -- IF YOU COULD CARE LESS -- THEN DONT --- IT IS YOUR CHOICE. WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED---- SO WEAR RED! --- MAY GOD HELP AMERICANS TO BECOME ONE NATION, UNDER GOD
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »
I'm wearing a sort of lavender sweater, is that close enough?....oh wait... I have a big red jacket I am wearing today! :woohoo: I am supporting our troops :usa:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »
:bowdown:
I will see if I can get one slapped on an Apaches Hellfire missle..that will be the fastest crawler ever I bet..hehehe. :yikes:
We have GOT to have a picture of that one!   :clap2:
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2006, 08:35:26 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jan 06, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »
You are right on the money, thats what 90% of the antenna field is used for.

Just got that trained eye.. I once used a old tin shed sitting on DRY sand in Iraqi.. Sand is a great insulator.. I have also use my van trailer that I
pull behind the tractor.. Just put rubber mats under the dolly legs and it totally insulated and ready to rock( well it help to have a roller inductor tuner)

:yesnod: