Author Topic: a special thank you to our troops  (Read 148953 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: a special thank you to our troops
« Reply #270 on: Apr 25, 2011, 11:38:29 PM »
Home at last. Rest in peace.

18 nearly forgotten Veterans finally laid to rest

http://www.kvoa.com/news/18-nearly-forgotten-veterans-finally-laid-to-rest/
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »
God bless our troops. :usa:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
My thanks to the countless thousands of unnamed Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines...past and present. We stand on your shoulders.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=713961653039

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:06:44 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2011, 02:29:43 AM »
My thanks to the countless thousands of unnamed Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines...past and present. We stand on your shoulders.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=713961653039

I'll give that one a big     AMEN!!!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

88monster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -11
  • Male Posts: 57
  • Member since Jul '11
  • Locked rocked ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Jul 22, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
all i have to say is thanks to all that appreciates what are troops do for us and i know there are people on this forum who has served so thank you i am currently in the Navy and all i have to say is
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
U.S.N FOR LIFE E4 MA
They ask me what's it feel like to be stuck, I said I don't know I own a Toyota.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Aug 12, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
I've just been watching series of videos of military personnel making surprise homecomings. And it hit me...again, every one in harms way takes obvious risks and makes obvious sacrifices...the less obvious sacrifices might be the hardest to make. I'm speaking of time spent away from your wife or husband...and the irreplaceable time spent with your children.

I am constantly amazed by the character you show and your sense of duty.

Thank you all  :bowdown: 

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #276 on: Aug 12, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
after having been there done that i agree :bowdown: and thank you :usa:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »
Sir...I am forever in your debt!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

88monster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Aug 13, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
i would like to thank y'all for supporting our troops with out you guys we wouldnt have the strength to go on because with you we know we have people counting on us for a safe return, kicking ass and taking names, and keeping America free
E4 MA U.S.N
They ask me what's it feel like to be stuck, I said I don't know I own a Toyota.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: Aug 13, 2011, 04:30:17 AM »
A want to send a special thank you out to our brothers that fell last week in afghanistan, around 30 american troops, when a chinook helicopter went down, supposedly from taliban fire. They gave everything they had, so we could enjoy the things we have.
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

88monster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: Aug 13, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »
i will like to send thanks to my friend J-Mall and DG for serving in our armed forces unfortunately DG's cousin was hit by a road side bomb him and his dog was killed, 2 days later DG was hit in the chest plate by a sniper round he survived with just minor bruising. thanks for serving i hope you return home brothers soon. this happened 1 year ago on this date ooh rah semper fi warrior 

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #281 on: Aug 14, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Aug 16, 2011, 02:37:33 AM »
I started looking at this everyday since I made it to Afghanistan.  I try to say a prayer for all their families.  Pretty sad website.  I filtered by date and location on a few and found some guys I know.  Makes me want to do my job that much better.  It really brought all this home for me being here.

http://icasualties.org/OEF/Fatalities.aspx

MORTALIZER

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 169
  • Member since Jun '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Sep 28, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »
GOD BLESS OUR TROOP'S FOR ALL THE SACRIFICE THEY MAKE FOR COUNTRY AND OUR FREEDOM :usa:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »
Today, as we should every day, we celebrate and honor the men and women who have chosen to serve our nation in the military. Since before the first stone was laid in the foundation of this country...there have been those that answered a higher call. I thank them.  :usa:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: Nov 11, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
I agree with abnormaltoy, every day we should honor the military.  I send a big thank you to my friend John, whom I love and respect as a very dear friend, for serving in Vietnam.  Him and all his buddies, along with everyone in the military, I thank you all and Bless all of you. :usa:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »
a special thank you to all who have served our country past present and future. May God be with you always.

the above picture is of my Dad's grave, surrounded by his friends. We miss you :(
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
79coyotefrg......A special thank you from me and my wife to your dad, and may God be with him and his buddies.  Thanks to brave people like him, this country is the way it is. People who DO NOT support and respect our troops,  who are out their fighting for us all, should be ashamed of themselves.  When I hear someone bad mouth anyone in the military, it pisses me off.  Instead, do what I do, walk up to them and shake their hand, say "Thank You Sir for everything you and your buddies are doing for us all."  I think everyone should do this too.  To me, it is an honor to shake the hand of a brave soldier.  :usa:

88monster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: Nov 19, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
thanl you all for serving in our military as of 3 days ago i have signed my waivers and papers to finally go back into the military

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
thanl you all for serving in our military as of 3 days ago i have signed my waivers and papers to finally go back into the military
thank you :usa:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »
79coyotefrg......A special thank you from me and my wife to your dad, and may God be with him and his buddies.  Thanks to brave people like him, this country is the way it is. People who DO NOT support and respect our troops,  who are out their fighting for us all, should be ashamed of themselves.  When I hear someone bad mouth anyone in the military, it pisses me off.  Instead, do what I do, walk up to them and shake their hand, say "Thank You Sir for everything you and your buddies are doing for us all."  I think everyone should do this too.  To me, it is an honor to shake the hand of a brave soldier.  :usa:
thanks you,  sadly many of the WWII soldiers are slipping away, we wont have any left soon.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #291 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:57:08 PM »
I'm thankful that we have the strongest military in the world, if it were not for them we would't be very celebrating today.

Battboy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 22
  • Member since Dec '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
Wow wish I would hav read all this when I was over there. I don't think our soldiers get enough appreciation for what they do but this is awesome.
If you're not willing to fight butt naked it's probably not worth fighting for!

crawlin83

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #293 on: Mar 19, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »
I'm proud to say i'm serving in the U.S. Army and have been for the last 5 1/2 years, currently on my 2nd deployment to Afghanistan. :usa:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Mar 19, 2012, 06:37:51 AM »
I'm proud to say i'm serving in the U.S. Army and have been for the last 5 1/2 years, currently on my 2nd deployment to Afghanistan. :usa:
thank you.

mountainguyed67

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 220
  • Member since Apr '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Nov 17, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
What I did in Iraq 2004

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2013, 08:45:11 PM »
I know many...family, friends and some both, that made the choice. To all that serve or served...I send most humble thanks. I try, but I can not know...the burden you bear, forever.

Mark

In Your Honor

Unselfishly, you left your fathers and your mothers, You left behind your sisters and your brothers.
Leaving your beloved children and wives, You put on hold, your dreams—your lives.
On foreign soil, you found yourself planted To fight for those whose freedom you granted.
Without your sacrifice, their cause would be lost. But you carried onward, no matter the cost.

Many horrors you had endured and seen. Many faces had haunted your dreams.
You cheered as your enemies littered the ground; You cried as your brothers fell all around.

When it was over, you all came back home, Some were left with memories to face all alone;
Some found themselves in the company of friends As their crosses cast shadows across the land.

Those who survived were forever scarred Emotionally, physically, permanently marred.
Those who did not now sleep eternally ‘Neath the ground they had given their lives to keep free.

With a hand upon my heart, I feel The pride and respect; my reverence is revealed
In the tears that now stream down my upturned face As our flag waves above you, in her glory and grace.
Freedom was the gift that you unselfishly gave Pain and death was the price that you ultimately paid.
Every day, I give my utmost admiration To those who had fought to defend our nation.

Unknown

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »
The wife went to Riverside National yesterday to put flowers on her mom and dads grave. We also have a club member there too. I salute those that served and more importantly those that served and lost their lives leaving family behind. This in honor of James Chappell and the ones he left behind and my wife who misses here mom and dad every day.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 27, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: Jun 17, 2013, 01:01:43 AM »
That was a good poem.

I am not a supporter of the Military and their politics.

I do, however, have much respect for the individuals that serve.  What a commitment.  While the government may make stupid decisions, these individuals bear the consequences, because they believe in fighting for us.

Somebody has to do it, and I salute them for their courage.  Here is the Hanalei brige with my mother, friends.  The late Senator Inouye helped get it declared a historical monument.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Happy Fathers Day!
Maybe a repost of the pic but I like it.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2013, 01:09:01 AM by Wainiha »
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...