Author Topic: a special thank you to our troops  (Read 148944 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: a special thank you to our troops
« Reply #240 on: Sep 01, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »
  I pray I never have to go to Arlington for any reason.

With the exception of a recently departed national figure...Arlington, or any military cemetery, will bring home the cost of freedom and for how long that price has been paid. I've been to Arlington...truly hallowed ground.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Sep 01, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »
With the exception of a recently departed national figure...Arlington, or any military cemetery, will bring home the cost of freedom and for how long that price has been paid. I've been to Arlington...truly hallowed ground.

I want to visit it, because it's just something I want to see, but I have far too many friends, a wife, and myself who would all end up there if we mess up while deployed.  I don't feel like having any of them or myself die this early.  I've never had a friend or coworker killed in the desert, but I have talked to spouses, parents, and brothers/sisters of fallen service men.  Not something I ever want to go through.

NoPower

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Mar '07
  • Wish the 87 had V8 power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Sep 08, 2009, 05:59:19 PM »
I lost a good friend in a firefight while deployed to Afghanistan. SSG Nick Carnes was a good man and I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support. It helps to know that people back home support us and care. It was a great feeling to receive care packages from people all over the United States that I didn't even know. The contents of the care packages did NOT matter the only thing that did matter was the fact that people cared and showed their support to troops they didn't even know or would ever meet. I am PROUD to serve this great nation of ours and will ALWAYS answer the call of duty. Again thank you for the support and GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:...Spc.Robertson

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #243 on: Sep 08, 2009, 07:17:42 PM »
I lost a good friend in a firefight while deployed to Afghanistan. SSG Nick Carnes was a good man and I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support. It helps to know that people back home support us and care. It was a great feeling to receive care packages from people all over the United States that I didn't even know. The contents of the care packages did NOT matter the only thing that did matter was the fact that people cared and showed their support to troops they didn't even know or would ever meet. I am PROUD to serve this great nation of ours and will ALWAYS answer the call of duty. Again thank you for the support and GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:...Spc.Robertson
God Bless you Sps. Robertson and Thank you :usa:

a quick google turned up this,  in honor of :usa: SSG Nick Carnes  :usa:

Staff Sergeant Nicholas Carnes of Ludlow ( Kenton County) was killed on Sunday, 26 August 2007 by small arms fire during a firefight in the village of Lewanne Bazaar, Paktika Province, Afghanistan.  Carnes, 25, was assigned to Battery A, 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery, based in Carrollton, Ky.  Carnes deployed with his unit in March of 2007 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Carnes has been presented the Bronze Star Medal, the Purple Heart, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal and the Kentucky Distinguished Service Medal for his service in Afghanistan. A member of the Kentucky Army National Guard since 1999, Carnes is the fourteenth Kentucky Guard Soldier to lose his life as the result of combat action in the global war on terror. He is the second Soldier to be killed in Afghanistan.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

NoPower

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Mar '07
  • Wish the 87 had V8 power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Sep 08, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
Thank you 79coyotefrg for posting about my friend Nick. I am proud that I got to run missions with him. Again Nick was a damn fine man, a stand-up soldier, a good friend and A TRUE AMERICAN HERO :usa:

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Sep 08, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »
Rest in peace SSgt Carnes.

Your Brother in Arms,
Lcpl Rosales, P 4th Recon Marine Corps
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Sep 11, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »
RIP SSgt Carnes, I'll have a cold one for you tonight.

A1C Sifers, 31st AMXS.

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #247 on: Sep 12, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »
i think this pic is equally moving but on a much brighter side. any ways thank you to all the troops

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Sep 12, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »
i think this pic is equally moving but on a much brighter side. any ways thank you to all the troops

:clap2:      :usa:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
TO ALL MY BROTHERS & SISTERS IN ALL THE SERVICES :USA: MAY WE CONTINUE DOING OUR DUTY
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »
It is truly an honor to serve

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Oct 26, 2009, 03:10:22 AM »
46 killed so far in October in Afghanistan.  We had a fallen Airman who has not and probably will not have their information released due to their job.  RIP my fallen brothers and sisters.

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: Nov 11, 2009, 04:39:04 AM »
Happy Veteran's Day!!

:usa:     :usa:     :usa:     :usa:     :usa:     :usa:     :usa:     :usa:     

A huge and heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every soldier and veteran...every single day, but today is a special reminder to be sure to thank our soldiers and veterans for their service to our country.  Say a prayer for each of them, and for their families, and especially for the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

I know we have many veterans on the forum, as well as soldiers who are either deployed right now or looking at being deployed in the near future.  Please know how very thankful we all are for your service and your sacrifice.

I have to go pay a visit now...to my favorite Marine and Vietnam Vet...  my Daddy.  :)

:smooch:    :usa:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

MrsBUBBA

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Female Posts: 61
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Nov 11, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
 :smooch: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :smooch:

THANK YOU to all the soldiers.

:smooch: :smooch:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Nov 25, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
While there are many, many things for which I am thankful...for the sake of brevity, I will remain true to the thread topic.

I sit here, in the comfort of my home, surrounded by family and the familiar things of American life.

The American military is never far from my thoughts, but, never much closer that at this time of year. It was once true that "The sun never set on the British Empire"...it is true today of our men and women who answered a higher call. There is hardly a point on the map where you have not volunteered to go, no climate that you don't endure in your tours.

Some of you...my age, have served as your life's calling.

Some of you, much younger...chronologically, not much more than boys and girls. You, the young ones have left the comforts we at home all to often take for granted to serve in foreign and diverse places. You give me hope for the future of our nation.

You are some of America's best and brightest. You fill my heart to overflowing with pride. You are my heroes. From the depths of my being...I offer you my humble thanks.

Mark

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: Nov 25, 2009, 07:27:22 PM »

Thank you to all my fellow service members, and to all the Americans that support us!

~ John F. Kennedy ~

XtremeMP

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 43
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Nov 25, 2009, 10:08:37 PM »
Thank you All who supports us! And to All Service Memebers!

SPC Robbins- US Army
Military Police Corps.
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #257 on: Nov 26, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
Always give thanks to those that made this day possible.........

Thank you all, from our military to the cop on the street that keep us safe and warm while they stand on the corners of the world and our neighborhoods.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Jun 21, 2010, 08:00:22 AM »
So many men and women have died so that we can have what we have. It sad but true. The thing that is more sad is what this country is becoming. If only some of those people new that today would be the way that it is. My hat is off to all of those serving or who have. I am proud to be in the military. Yesterday was ten years for me..
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #259 on: Jun 21, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
So many men and women have died so that we can have what we have. It sad but true. The thing that is more sad is what this country is becoming. If only some of those people new that today would be the way that it is. My hat is off to all of those serving or who have. I am proud to be in the military. Yesterday was ten years for me..
Amen brother,   and Thank you :usa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Aug 10, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
Today, I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to all who serve, across the globe.

Why today? Just another day of living free in this great nation!  :usa:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brosef1848

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
I just wanted to give a huge thank you to everyone who has served, past, present, and future. All my regards go out to those who have lost loved ones. I work hard everyday trying to help protect our soldiers and it is because of threads like these that ensure me to perform my job to the best of my capabilities. One goal, Protect the Soldiers.

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #262 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:43:49 PM »
I would like to say thank you to all of the wounded solders, who gave what they have so we all can have what we have.

MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Nov 11, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »
I don't feel right saying "Happy Veteran's Day", just out of reverence.

I'll just say thank you!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Nov 11, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
I SALUTE ALL VETERANS, NO MATTER WHAT SERVICE YOU WERE/ARE IN

~ John F. Kennedy ~

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Dec 24, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
Merry Christmas to everyone deployed and away from their families right now.

sheepdawg

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Mar 10, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
THANK YOU TO ALL SERVICEMEN... my brother served in iraq. came home safe. im thankful for everyone that puts on that uniform and stands on that line to make sure that we can sleep at night. i just feel horrible that We the people have allowed this country to become the mess that it is. its not fair for those that have fought and died to protect us and to protect freedom across this world. just makes me sick...

but anways.. again THANKS for serving.. i will always shake the hand of anyone that wears a uniform for this great country. they will always be remembered

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Mar 24, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
Thank You to all the troops.  I have huge respect for anybody in the military. :usa:

Muddytazz

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 396
  • Member since Jan '11
  • I hear voices in my head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Mar 26, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »
Just found out that my little brother (well he's 38 and a SgtMaj in the Marine's) will  be coming home from his 4th tour in Iraq in April.  He's a lifer but is always good to have him back stateside.  Going to try (if I can afford it) to go down and see his return in Carolina.  I haven't seen him in close to 10 yrs.
Build it right or get off the trail

Montana300

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 12
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Apr 09, 2011, 08:38:10 AM »
Congradjulations :beerchug: and good luck hope you make it down their!
84 Toyota Pickup, 5'in lift, 4'in trail gear front leafs, 5'in shackles, and High Steer.