Author Topic: MCR4.....THE BAD.  (Read 12949 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
MCR4.....THE BAD.
« on: Sep 20, 2005, 12:56:13 AM »
Okay,here goes my story...First off,it started out bad when I found out on Thursday that my Junk wasn't gonna be done by Friday,so I couldn't take it,and my boss told me I couldn't get off work early.So I headed out with YOTAon40s in my tow rig @ about 10:00 pm,on our 8 hour journey,wich was screwed up by bad directions from mapquest.Led me to the wrong spot,about 43 miles off.So anyway,we make it out to Loon Lake at about 8:00 am,and start seeing all these rigs going in.We start talking to some cat who said he was a rock climber,and was waiting to meet his buddies.It was his 3rd time there,and had never been to the springs,but said it shouldn't be too far from Gate Keeper,and it shouldn't take us long to hike it.So,40s and I start hiking,bringing nothing but an ice chest,and the event stickers.(we figured we would be back in a couple of HRS. to camp out  :smack:  ).So we're about 2 miles in,tired and out of breath,and by this time carrying an ice chest full of nothing,when we come up on a group of wheelers who were fixing a broken rig,who told us we were nuts,and had about a 9 hour hike ahead of us.Well,since we were so damn tired,and didn't feel like hiking back,we decided to continue on,and hope to find someone who was headed to the event with room for 2  :crossed:  ...Man!!,we hiked quite a bit more,and by this time,not even knowing if we were even headed in the right direction,because we didn't see anyone for a couple of hours.Well,we come up on this little creek,when we hear some country music cranking,and what sounded like a couple of guys singing along.Somewhere through the trees we see a Pirate Jeep which I had seen @ Johnson Valley,and in a couple of magazines.They asked where we were headed,and told us we were nuts,and we had a looooooooooooong way to go,but quickly offered to take us in a ways.Man,I can't believe how much respect these guys get.We were sitting on top of their roll cage,and they were literally going around the rigs that were hung up,and never got any kind of grief.They took us all the way to the box,and sent us on our way.We continued our hike,when we came up on Texxx,who was broken,and waiting on parts.We sat and waited with him for a couple of hours,and then headed back out.We hiked another good way in,and came up on another group.The guys from J&M Off Road,and told us they were all headed to the round-up,and had a couple of extra seats.So they ended up taking us the rest of the way in...This is the short version of our 9hr. journey into the springs.Now we're @ the round-up,and the first person I saw was lilbuddy,so I went and handed out the stickers to the people who had allready payed...This is where this story gets disapointing.When I ordered the stickers,they told me the minimum amount of stickers that they could print was 150.(I only had orders for about 40),so I had the 150 made,hoping people @ the event would want to buy them.Well,I got on the mic,and made the announcement that the stickers were here,and a :pokinit: load of people rushed the DJ booth.Turns out they didn't hear the part where I said they ere $5 each,and had a couple of people reach in the box,and help themselves to a few stickers,and just walked away.Including some old ass man with a full head of white hair,and a white beard.So 40s says,hold up,they're $5 each!,everybody,and I mean everybody,made a bunch of stupid little coments,and just walked away,saying $5 is too much,and that they should be free.I payed a lot of money to have them made,and not even for a second,did the thought of making money off these stickers cross my mind.I just suggested we do the stickers to have something on our rigs to remeber the event.I don't know if all those people are members on the board,but if they are,I think they're a bunch of sorry ass selfish b*stds looking for hand outs.One idiot even asked "Does Marlin know about this?"...Nah,you f*ckin' retard,I just announced it over the mic,hoping he wouldn't hear me  :shake:  .Another f*cktard,Ryan Seacrest look-a-like,with little gay ass ink on his arms,was driving a blue flatbed 2nd gen. Toy,with a supra motor,and "Betty Blue",or "Betty Lou" written on the sides,who claimed he has $25k into his Toy,and has a friend who works for Swamper,not Interco,but Swamper,and is gonna make him,but only him,a set of 52 inch Boggers,insulted me by telling me that $5 was too much,and that I was making money off these stickers,and that I would find some suckers to buy them...Man,the ONLY reason I didn't knock this idiot on his ass was because his girlfriend was right there.Otherwise I would've knocked his ass out,because by this time,I was pissed!!!.So I thought that was pretty f*cked up.I spent almost $400 in gas,hiked most of the way in,got all kinds of scrapes and scratches on my legs and arms,got home @ 4:20 this morning,and possibly lost my job,for a bunch of whining little a$$holes!!!!!!.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2005, 02:03:30 AM by Infernal »
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: MCR4.....THE BAD.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:25:53 AM »
 :sheerterror: Damn dude, sorry about all the troubles you guys had.. I'm glad you guys made it home safe, and I hope you don't loose your job :crossed: :scared:

I was super stoked to have met you and your brother, and Chris Geiger bought some stickers from you, I think 25 stickers, and I got one from him and I'm gonna put it on my rig the next time I drive it.

You guys are super cool and I really want to wheel with you guys. I'll try to make the Rocktober fest at the Hammers this year, so I hope to see you guys again.

About those stickers, I know that's whacked. I know that at my mall stickers are a minimum $7 a sticker just to get them made, so you got a good deal at 150 stickers, after all that's why they were sold in bulk, to save you money, so everyone telling you that that was too much is full of it. $5 is a perfectly fair price and I was expecting them to be $7 or $8 personally.

Dang.... :down:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

toynorcal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 96
  • Male Posts: 435
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Easyline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:30:19 AM »
Dang dude, If I had run into you man I deffinalty would have bought one! Do you have any left? I'll pay the 5 bucks and stamps if you don't mide putting one in the mail for me. I have a couple buddys that want some too, so if you have 3 let me know. Just send me your number or an address to send the money to.

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:40:07 AM »
Dang dude, If I had run into you man I deffinalty would have bought one! Do you have any left? I'll pay the 5 bucks and stamps if you don't mide putting one in the mail for me. I have a couple buddys that want some too, so if you have 3 let me know. Just send me your number or an address to send the money to.
Sweet...I have a bunch left.I'll PM you the info.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

toynorcal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 96
  • Male Posts: 435
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Easyline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:49:51 AM »
Awesome man, I need to get Shamb and Rudy one too, wish I had use for more than three to help you with the costs dude. Hey, wasn't that you on top of the buggy heading towards lil sluice? If it was I wish Shamb would have said something so I could jump out and say hi. Mabey next time. :beerchug:

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:50:44 AM »
 :o hard core,,,well at least you guys had fun...nice to see wheelers helpig wheelers... :beerchug:
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:54:57 AM »
Awesome man, I need to get Shamb and Rudy one too, wish I had use for more than three to help you with the costs dude. Hey, wasn't that you on top of the buggy heading towards lil sluice? If it was I wish Shamb would have said something so I could jump out and say hi. Mabey next time. :beerchug:
Yup,that was me.Thanx man,I got screwed with these stickers.So,I'll PM you info.Thanx again!  :beerchug:  .

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:56:19 AM »
:o hard core,,,well at least you guys had fun...nice to see wheelers helpig wheelers... :beerchug:
Amen to that!!!.Now I just hope I still have a job tomorrow.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:00:16 AM »
Hey Infernal, I want to buy two more stickers off you. Sorry to here everyone was being a bunch of jackass's thats a real shame. I had absolutly no problem buying two from ya and if I had more cash in my wallet I'd have bought more. PM me your address and I'll send ya a check. Later man
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2005, 07:28:25 AM »
Infernal, it was great to meet you too. I didn't get a chance to buy any stickers up there, I was a little pre-occupied with the music, but I too would like to get about 4 of those stickers for myself and the guys in my group.
PM please........

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2005, 08:54:19 AM »
hey I wanted to buy some from you but I didn't have any cash on me but I would like to now.  Could you pm me your adress so I could send you a check.

luigi

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Member since Apr '03
  • The more dents I get the more fun I have.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2005, 09:27:17 AM »
I didn't even know there were stickers available.  I would buy one now though. You do Paypal?  Let me know there was a few in our club that probably want some too.  :beerchug:
85 4 Runner
22RE Auto to 5speed swap
Marlin Crawler Dual Ultimate Case
5.29s
Arb's front and rear

Rapidly denting away my "Mall Runner Status"

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »
Looks like all Infernal had to do was just post them here on the forum and start taking orders :thumbs: :gap:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BruceTS

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:04:31 AM »
If I had known, I would have bought a few.....  let me know how much and where to send $$$. I do have Pay Pal as well....
99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker
Myspace
1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 & RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle

Don't Ask when I'm gonna go SAS, I'm not... I'll build a buggy first!

johny5

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:23:34 AM »
sorry to hear of your trouble, i came down from bc and had a good time,i would like a few sticker too. give me an address to send the cash.....john

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:25:15 AM »
Hay guys, It was awsome meeting you two. Wish I had met you going in, I was alone in my 4runner, so I could have taken you guys all the way in.

I think it really sucks that people gave you a bad time about the stickers. I too have to apologize, I didnt have any cash on me either, so PM me, I think I need 4

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2005, 12:52:23 PM »
Yeah, thats B.S. that people were complaining about paying for stickers. I'll buy a couple more to help you out, I'll send a check out to you guys this week.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2005, 02:48:43 PM »
Maybe next year you should post directions to the 'con. Sure most know how to get there, but there will be a few that have never been there and will need help getting to the trail-head. When I had logged on Infernal was already gone by what I saw in his posts or I would have given him the directions minus the mapquest detour. Obviously now that you have been there you found it was really easy to get there, but it would have been nice to have directions posted. My clubs website/bulletin board has a section called Directions to Runs and Local Weather that gives directions, weather and local information through links to differnet sites.  Here's the link to Dinkey Creek (Dusy-Ershim) http://www.spinninfours.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=379 as an example of what we do to make sure all our members make it to the trail-head, and all of you are always welcome to any of the info posted there for directions to different wheeling locations. You can go to this link and see the current list of directions we have. http://www.spinninfours.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=15 It is updated as we go from run to run and we add the new locations as we go to.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
Man IJ, that sucks about the stickers, didnt know you had any problems with them, thats pretty jacked that people would do that :down:  THat was so cool that you guys worked so hard to get in to the springs, I think everyone would have understood if you had just mailed them out, and stayed at home.  Let me know if you need some help getting some more cash, I might be able to find a few more places for those stickers :yupyup:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

flourman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 333
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Got Body Damage??
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 20, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
Infernal, I'll pick up a few this weekend like I had plans to @ the roundup before work had to turn all  :stopit: on me.  It's kinda funny how people are stepping up now to buy stickers after you posted in TWO threads about the stickers.
Doin' it FULLSIZE style!

trevinotrek

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 236
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
dude sorry not to see you I broke and left early seen rig out side the gate but not you will get  the 25$ to you via money order and a SEAto send them back  SORRY for the asshats had the cash on me get it to you soonest.

nick
aint skeerd " watch this" ok so maby it was a littlte to bigto get over .Stop laughing and turn me over

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 21, 2005, 12:37:23 AM »
Cool,thanx alot everyone...That's exactly what I wanted.For more people to see it from My point of view.Thank you all for replying.
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005, 01:38:12 AM by Infernal »

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:43:25 AM »
I know what stickers cost to make. They are cheap when I run 5000 at a time, but the cost per unit is much much higher when you just do a few hundred. I just can't see dropping $800 for a couple hundred stickers.

Just as an example.... Our 6" MC stickers cost us 44 cents each in lots of 5000. The same sticker in lots of 100 cost $4 each. That's right the same item goes from 44 cents to 4 dollars, with the only difference being the qty.

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:16:26 PM »
IJ, you had all the right to sell these sticker, 5$ isn't much for a quantity like that and people who argued about it should be ashamed of them selves

Chris made it clear that they wouldn't do any sticker for the event, I even remember seeing a post on pirate about the sticker where he said it clearly enough. Tough they don't seem to understand that you wont buy a freaking yellow star to sell some sticker that you ain't going to make profit on them, PBB are filled with a bunch  :moon: moderator.

I hope you won't let some idiots affect you, you did the right thing.

:beerchug:  :beerchug:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sep 23, 2005, 03:48:17 PM »
Dude, I wouldn't care if you were making a profit on them! $5 was a drop in the bucket. You did all the work to put the design together and get them done.
And then you went WAY above and beyond the call of duty to get them to us! (OK, so were already writing the Infernal is a Diggertoy thread when you hadn't shown by dinner, but that's a different story! :rofl: )
Even though it was a royal PITA that is one story that will live in Crawler infamy! "Remember the time..."
You and YotaOn40's ROCK!! 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sep 23, 2005, 05:02:49 PM »
Even though it was a royal PITA that is one story that will live in Crawler infamy! "Remember the time..."
You and YotaOn40's ROCK!!

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks Mrs W.

You guys should get the award for "the guys who worked the hardest to get to the springs without a real 4x4"

Hey infernal, you got a PM.
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sep 23, 2005, 09:29:51 PM »
That really sucks to hear that people don't want to pay for sticker anymore. can you post any pics of them, what do they look like. At least you got to go, My trucks not finished so I was working for the money to finish it.
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Sep 23, 2005, 10:48:30 PM »
Thanx for all the replys everyone...Glad to see my friends got my back.  :yupyup:  .

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sep 23, 2005, 10:52:04 PM »
That really sucks to hear that people don't want to pay for sticker anymore. can you post any pics of them, what do they look like. At least you got to go, My trucks not finished so I was working for the money to finish it.
The first one is what it looked like on file.The second one is what it actually looked like on a truck.I'll post a couple of better ones tomorrow.I have some close ups,I just need to re-size them.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sep 24, 2005, 06:58:03 AM »
How many do you have left that arn't spoken for. It would help so we know how many we all still need to buy.

Sorrry you had such trouble with this, but you showed us all what kind of person your are buy not giving up. Now we all need to help you break even cause it just ain't right for you to foot the bill for helping us out.

:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0