Author Topic: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!  (Read 15632 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2005, 01:55:21 PM »
Well, in terms of our universe, the prevailing theory is that the collision of two seperate universes at one single point created the massive compression of matter and subsequent explosion known as the big bang, thus creating a new universe...ours.   ;)
Beyond that is what???  Damned if I know.  11 dimensional space is begining to explain some things, the theory might be right, might be wrong...but beyond that, maybe God, who knows. 
God may be there, I just think the creationism thing is a myth.  It is a myth and we use it a a crutch and some people won't look any farther than a bible.  God may have created the whole of everything, but there are more than just our universe, and more than just us in terms of intelligence...the chances that there aren't is slim.  Earth came to be in a physical way, abiding by certain laws that constrain this universe...
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:30 PM »
11 dimensional space?  :headscratch: I've only heard of 4 dimensions.

I am completely open to life on other planets and such, I have no reason not to be.  I think people who look no further than a bible are idiots, because God created us to be thinking entities.  The Bible is truth, but there is so much more to learn than what the bible can teach us, it isnt there as the eng all refernece, it is there as a guidebook.

did I explain my theory well enough?  i dont care if you agree or not, I just wanted to make sure it was understood
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2005, 02:11:18 PM »
11 dimensional space? :headscratch: I've only heard of 4 dimensions.

I am completely open to life on other planets and such, I have no reason not to be. I think people who look no further than a bible are idiots, because God created us to be thinking entities. The Bible is truth, but there is so much more to learn than what the bible can teach us, it isnt there as the eng all refernece, it is there as a guidebook.

did I explain my theory well enough? i dont care if you agree or not, I just wanted to make sure it was understood

I understand your theory BD.  I agree with the majority of it. 

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2005, 02:12:29 PM »
Well, in terms of our universe, the prevailing theory is that the collision of two seperate universes at one single point created the massive compression of matter and subsequent explosion known as the big bang, thus creating a new universe...ours. ;)
Beyond that is what??? Damned if I know. 11 dimensional space is begining to explain some things, the theory might be right, might be wrong...but beyond that, maybe God, who knows.
God may be there, I just think the creationism thing is a myth. It is a myth and we use it a a crutch and some people won't look any farther than a bible. God may have created the whole of everything, but there are more than just our universe, and more than just us in terms of intelligence...the chances that there aren't is slim. Earth came to be in a physical way, abiding by certain laws that constrain this universe...

Good discussion CT now you can take a breath.  You make a lot of good points.

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2005, 02:16:49 PM »
Little picture of what 10 dimensions could look like...the 11th is a wee bit (even more) theoretical:
the six dimension shapes = 6  + length width height and time = 10

:disturbed:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2005, 02:18:08 PM »
 :hammerhead: Ah it hurts!!!  make the thinking stop!!!

it looks kinda like little fires  :flamer:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »
Those little bad boys aren't just sitting still either, they are rocking and rollin!   :thumbs:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2005, 02:21:19 PM »
I dont understand the concept of dimensions past 3.  3 dimensions is height length and width, what is the 10 dimensions?  is it the shape of the dimension?  I'm confused.  What is tht thing supposed to be?  the dimension itself?

-Ronald Reagan

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2005, 02:22:58 PM »
My hair hurts now!  To much thought going on.  I'm just going to go listen to some fifth dimension.  Until later

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2005, 03:23:46 PM »
With religion I think our human ego comes into play here.  People don't wan to believe we (humans) came from something else.  Like apes or single cell organism for example.  I think people want to believe they are more important than that.  That god created humans, and not something that became humans.  And religion tells us (humans) we are soooo important, the most important beings on the planet, stroking the ego.  What if we are not?  That's a huge blow to the ego.

Wouldn't that be something, and the jokes on us.   God -> :haha:  :headscratch: <- US

I'm not discounting any theories here.  Just raising the one common flaw to any theory, humans.  Just like that computer you are sitting in front of, created by humans.

This is a great discussion here.  Nobody getting mad  :maddest:  or calling names  :censored: This is what should happen in schools.  But then do you think the Gubment what a nation of intelligent people?  That's a whole notha debate.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:31:39 PM by Huhwhye »
'04 Taco DC 4x4

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2005, 03:45:45 PM »
Cool discussion :thumbs:

One thing I've always pondered about is Reproduction.. Why did nature bother to evolve sexual reproduction? Asexual reproduction requires less energy and time and produces offspring that g4et a complete copy of the genes. So why not just use that? Sexual reproduction contradicts a basic biological tenet that the main goal of an organism is to transmit as many of its genes as possible to the next generation. Right? Sex diminishes a parent's genetic tie to its offspring by only passing on half its genes to each progeny..... I dont think there were any male and female protozoans, or masculine and feminine amoebas......?

Like I said, Evolution does make since but it just seems like the more I learn about it the more it seems it can't happen.

But staying on topic, regarding school, I really don't think Evolution should be a required study.
I went to a private grade/jr./high school so I was never forced to learn about Evolution until my 2nd semester in school. I saw it in my biology book but I figured it was there for reference or for a different course. Then like my 3rd test was all on evolution and I really didnt want to learn about it. I don't believe in it so why is it required?
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

b_ripper8

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 371
  • Male Posts: 275
  • Member since May '04
  • 3RZ-FE power is that much closer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »
BigMike you are making some great points that I agree with a whole heart. The topic at hand here is whether Evolution or Creation should be taught in school or not. Since evolution is a theory (belief) and creation is a theory (belief) neither of them should be presented or both should be presented equally. Personally, I don't think either should be discussed because there are so many other "proven" scientific topics to delve into. This is stricly for PUBLIC EDUCATION. If you want to pay to learn more about creation, go ahead. If you want to learn more about evolution, go ahead. But as a tax payer, I hate seeing my money going towards public schools teaching theories.
In Progress: 3RZ-FE Swap Underway.

Currently: 87' 4Runner - SAS - 5.29's - welded rear - Dual 2.28 cases - Optima bluetop - round headlight conversion - FZJ80 grill - rattlecan paint job - trimmed fenders - Ranger hybrid springs front - Tacoma hybrid springs rear - schedule 160 drivelines 8" slip front - Marlin's crossmember - disk brake conversion

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2005, 04:56:44 PM »
1 question though?  where did all the cells and stuff come from?  what was the very 1st step?  before the big bang?  before the universe?  something had to have been created somewhere.  a cell just cant pop out of nothingness

Actually scientifics are beginning to reproduce the creation of unicelular organism, it take precise gas at precise temperatures and at precise pression and...
There's alot of things that have to be present and they must be present in a particular order.(that may be were God is involved, he created unicelular life)
The first goal of a unicelular organism is to reproduce itself(by division ) and on a 1 on 100 of these reproduction can have a mutation wether it's good for it or not(in wich case it dies most of the time).
We can actually observe these fenomenon on virus, they are really simple organism that have to reproduce, beeing exposed to drugs to fight them, 1 of the newly reproduced virus will not die, it's called adaptation and each species that is exposed to a threat will adapt itself(human too, it will just take 1000 of year since whe are so complex), In fact they found that some African childrens were imunized( :headscratch: ) to AIDS.

There's nothing wrong to religion, the only thing is you have to realize it was created by humans(have you ever seen a chicken praying :laugh: ) and you should not think that what they say is the absolute truth.
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2005, 09:59:30 PM »
have you ever seen a chicken praying :laugh:

hahaha :clap2:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2005, 04:17:03 AM »
i've seen  ahouse fly?and a dragon fly,,does that count?

So let me get this right,,,If A person hears voices in there head telling them to do things there crazy,,,,but if a person hears god telling them to do things its ok and concidered normal?? :nerv:
 :smack:

Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2005, 04:58:12 AM »
BigMike you are making some great points that I agree with a whole heart. The topic at hand here is whether Evolution or Creation should be taught in school or not. Since evolution is a theory (belief) and creation is a theory (belief) neither of them should be presented or both should be presented equally. Personally, I don't think either should be discussed because there are so many other "proven" scientific topics to delve into. This is stricly for PUBLIC EDUCATION. If you want to pay to learn more about creation, go ahead. If you want to learn more about evolution, go ahead. But as a tax payer, I hate seeing my money going towards public schools teaching theories.

No science?  :headscratch:  :dunno:   Einsteins theories?

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »
My point being if humans are just another section of the evolutionary chain humans are less important than creationists what to believe.

I've heard a chicken can stare at the sky when it rains and will drown.  Maybe they believe in the right to die/assisted suicide in their religion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 10:07:03 AM by Huhwhye »
'04 Taco DC 4x4

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2005, 10:06:43 AM »
My point being if humans are just another section of the evolutionary chain humans are less important than creationists what to believe.

True.  Everyone wants to be special.  Some just feel more special than others.  I believe that is human nature. :dunno:  Some religions teach that, anyone who doesn't believe like they do, are nothing.