Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 593867 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth
« Reply #330 on: Sep 20, 2005, 04:11:29 PM »
Guess you just need to take the shortcut through FL when you go to DC, Gonzo :rofl2: Yeah, so close and yet so far

We may just try taking the mammoth for a cruise up toward the Grand Canyon and see what the road/elevation is like, then. Coming up around Lk. Tahoe it was all it could do to do about 25 mph. That little engine just ain't make for speed but it sure can crawl!

I'm sure we'll have more pictures later tonight. :bud:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Sep 20, 2005, 05:50:44 PM »
I should be able to take of work tomorrow at Lunch...  We'll see what kinda trouble we can get into for sure  :eyebrow:

Glen- you serious about that elocker?  Lemmie know if I need to stash it in the LBC for you...

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #332 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:10:05 PM »
yep im serious,  cant passs up the shipping cost on it :yupyup:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »
What price did I quote you on it?  (No lo-balling me either, glen!)

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:47:45 PM »
would i do that :dunno:  ok sending you a pm
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:49:25 PM »
ok   i sent you email instead

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Sep 20, 2005, 06:57:45 PM »
replied....I'm at home bored tonight.   :(

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Sep 20, 2005, 07:00:44 PM »
from the PyrateOffroad forum

QUOTE"
But what a great weekend. I towed my junk more than 1300 miles roundtrip to do this event, spent over $400 on diesel fuel, but it was so worth it. (Of course that is nothing like the couple from FLORIDA in the diesel powered, Toyota axled Flatfender  ).   " unQUOTE 

:haha:  i wonder who he's talking about  :dunno:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Sep 20, 2005, 07:54:25 PM »
Bigtonka! :rofl: Dude, we may b making good time but haven't even gotten to Fresno yet!!

We will be gong through Birmingham probably by the end of the week some time, I'm sure we could arrange to meet up  and say hi :wave:

My cell is listed in my signature. Please give me a call when you get close to Birmingham. I have to work Thursday afternoon, but Friday, I could definitely meet up with you guys somewhere. Well, I could meet you Thursday, but it would have to be before 3:00 P.M.
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Sep 20, 2005, 07:55:36 PM »
Actually, it would have to be before noon if you guys were near Birmingham Thursday.
mrkupfer@gmail.com

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Sep 20, 2005, 08:02:44 PM »
It was good meeting the both of you, have a SAFE drive back home!!  :wave:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #342 on: Sep 20, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
Thanks for the invite Fatboy, but it will be all we can do to make it back to FL in time for work at this rate as it is :rofl: We'll have to take a raincheck. :thumbs:

Speaking of supper, since we were heading his way on our way out of dodge, Marlin invited us to stop by one last time and go to dinner. Of course we accepted, we got there about 3:30, did some food shopping while we were waiting.

Christine suggested a restaurant called The Elephant Bar. What a great place. Very fun atmosphere, great food and to our surpirse Big Mike joined us :thumbs:

We alll had a great time, laughing and talking, I felt like we were out with family (except there was no arguing :rofl: ) sure wish we were closer and could do this more often. :yupyup:  I know MrW was having a great time being able to work with Marlin and Angelo, he was in the shop again for a couple hours when we got back.

So here we are at dinner, you can just see MrW behind my big head. Below that the Czajkowski guys tackle a mudslice!

It only makes sense that they would eat something with the name mud in it. :talkingn:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:58:20 AM »
Glen, you forgot to figure fuel costs into the delivery charge. Lets see, you've got 2000 miles for delivery of a t-case from AR to CA for yotaboy79, and now you've got another 1500 miles for delievery of Reklunds's e -locker from NM to AR, so thats 3500 miles @ 10 mpg x 2.798/gal (we'll average it), not to mention the LBC speciality delivery surcharge, tax, tag, dog washing service and mixc. wotnot...: bling ... our trip is financed!! :bud:

BIGTONKA: Looks like we will be in Birmingham on Sat. at this rate. I'll call you when we know more.

That is really cool about that post on Pirate! I wonder if those were the guys we meet at Observation Point. How cool is that?

Rokrawlin': it was really cool meeting you too, and tacorunner and Dave. Really cool meeting up with you again at the campground AND Marlin's shop! (if we bump into you in some FL swamp we may have to wonder if you aren't stalking us :rofl: )

Rocksurfer: I may just have to send them some REAL FL mud! :yupyup:

Well we didn't get to the Grand Canyon last night, turned out it was over an 80 mi drive from where we were!! We found this cool volcanic area and saw some old lava flow. Just missed seeing the Painted Desert at sunset (actually caught a glimpse of it from a distance)

GOt some pics I'll post shortly.

Reklund: we hit the road about 10:00 this morning as planned. I'll call you in a bit when we see how things are going. Probably taking off mid afternoon would be enough. (unless you need a reason to slack off earlier).

WOOHOO! :bud:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #344 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:23:12 AM »
Thanks for the invite Fatboy, but it will be all we can do to make it back to FL in time for work at this rate as it is :rofl: We'll have to take a raincheck. :thumbs:

Oh well  :down: Your gonna miss out on good eatin'

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:44:25 AM »
LMAO! I just checked that thread on Pirate. there was a quote from OOPS that read "People are bringing less set-up rigs down the trail. Point in fact, on the way out on Sunday I came upon an Amigo that had basically nothing done to it, no lockers, not lifted, gears, and bald tires. She needed a lot of help getting up and started to take a new bypass but ended up take the real trail and making it with a bit of help of another rig and a strap." Gee, who might that have been :dunno:

Then the guy that made the comment about the FL couple (anyone else see tham? :dunno: heehee Those were the guys we met on Observation Point) wrote:

"I came in the same way on Friday and noticed the same thing. We also saw the group with the Amigo, and the rest of the rigs were fairly well set up, so I'm sure she was in good hands. We waited for them at Observation Point and they were nice enough."

Looks like us Crawlers made a name for ourselves :thumbs:

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #346 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:48:13 AM »
LMAO! I just checked that thread on Pirate. there was a quote from OOPS that read "People are bringing less set-up rigs down the trail. Point in fact, on the way out on Sunday I came upon an Amigo that had basically nothing done to it, no lockers, not lifted, gears, and bald tires. She needed a lot of help getting up and started to take a new bypass but ended up take the real trail and making it with a bit of help of another rig and a strap." Gee, who might that have been :dunno:

Then the guy that made the comment about the FL couple (anyone else see tham? :dunno: heehee Those were the guys we met on Observation Point) wrote:

"I came in the same way on Friday and noticed the same thing. We also saw the group with the Amigo, and the rest of the rigs were fairly well set up, so I'm sure she was in good hands. We waited for them at Observation Point and they were nice enough."

Looks like us Crawlers made a name for ourselves :thumbs:

The guy that quoted him basically said i don't belong on the trail :slap:

Oh well, one complaint ain't gonna stop me :nana:

:hahaha:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: Sep 21, 2005, 05:23:55 PM »
dont worry FFC  if he dont like your amigo up there he can buy you some stuff

like a  toy sas for the amigo,  some 37's a 4;1 atlas,  or some dual marlins,  dont know about hookin them up tho ??

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #348 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:03:54 PM »
dont worry FFC  if he dont like your amigo up there he can buy you some stuff

like a  toy sas for the amigo,  some 37's a 4;1 atlas,  or some dual marlins,  dont know about hookin them up tho ??

If I had the parts I'd make em work :yupyup:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:08:08 PM »

BIGTONKA: Looks like we will be in Birmingham on Sat. at this rate. I'll call you when we know more.

Cool, I'll be waiting to hear from you!
mrkupfer@gmail.com

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #350 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:22:03 PM »
:worthless:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: Sep 22, 2005, 07:20:29 AM »
Right you are BigMike!

We met up with Reklund and Mrs.Reklund for dinner last night. :meal:

Like I always say, when in New Mexico do as the Mexicans do, funny,  :headscratch: I didn't take Reklund for being Mexican, maybe that's where the NEW comes in.  :disturbed:

We went to an awesome mexican restaurant, had some excellent margaritas, excellent food and excellent conversation. Good times, thanks guys. Great getting to sit down and chat with you for a while.  :beerchug:

Now we've got to make some tracks and get through Texas before Rita does :bud:
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2005, 07:30:54 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

Geno

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 546
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Sep 22, 2005, 07:40:05 AM »
Look's like a good trip on the way back as well.  Drive safe.
OFRD_GRL – as much as i appreciate strip clubs, i could never date a chic. they are all flopin crazy.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: Sep 22, 2005, 07:52:41 AM »
Mrs Reklund looks a bit :boozer:    :dunno:   

so hurry up already  :driving:   :hyper: 

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #354 on: Sep 22, 2005, 07:53:35 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, but she is the only one with out a drink....

Unless that is a Long Island Iced Tea :rofl2:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Sep 22, 2005, 08:13:42 AM »
yea  LONG on the island and short on the tea :rofl2:

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Sep 22, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »
Looks like you've got Rita in your hand.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #357 on: Sep 22, 2005, 09:31:40 AM »
:hyper: glad to see ya'll are makin it safely!!! Tell Glen I said :beerchug:

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:23:49 PM »
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: Sep 22, 2005, 03:30:06 PM »
Mrs Reklund looks a bit :boozer: :dunno:

so hurry up already :driving: :hyper:
I think we're all looking a little chinee eyed in that one! The waitress took to long to take the pic and we all squinted. :smack: ANd no, :slap: that was a regular tea.

And :yupyup: fireball, we have Rita's in our hands and we have Rita to our S. We're about 100 miles from OK City and we just called 3 different campgrounds trying to find sites, the first 2 were already filled up, unusual for a Thurs. I would say unless OK City is a big draw that I don't know about :dunno:

Methinks we've got a few wussies running from this little storm :yikes: What was the last report? Last I heard it was packing 175 mph winds. SHOOWEEE!

We're making our way as fast as we can, Glen. Making our way all the way to OK City will put us ahead of the game. Should be about 4-5 hours from Little Rock. :bud: what do your plans look like?

FFC I'll pass on the word, but :psss: I believe we know what his response will be :eyebrow:

Where is the Mammoth?