Author Topic: stupid people on the phone  (Read 2689 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
stupid people on the phone
« on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
 :tantrum:  i just had  a  call,  probably a bill collector  for some doctor somewhere,  anyway

"this call is for Mr McDaad,   if you are Mr McDaad  please press 1,    if  you are not MrMcDaad  please press 2, 

after a short pause  ............................................  by continueing to listen to this message  you  confirm that you ARE Mr McDaad, "   and  the  :idiot: went on from there.   i couldnt help but look at the :phone:  in disbelief,   i started to wonder if it was my head injury getting worse,  but Sis  heard it also  :rofl:  THANK GOD   
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: stupid people on the phone
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:49:20 AM »
couldnt even  pronounce my name right  :shake:  :idiot:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:53:09 AM »
Uh.. yeah.. that's like a call I got last week: Restricted number (usually Mally)

Me:  Hello?

Girl: If I am you then who am I?

Me: What?

Girl: If I am you then who am I?

Me: Who is this?

Girl: Just answer the question ma'am.

Me: Is this some sort of joke?

Girl: If you answer the question correctly you get a thousand dollars ma'am. If I were you then who am I?

Me: Are you kidding me? Who is this?

Girl: Just answer the question Ma'am, this is no joke, if you answer correctly you'll recieve a thousand dollars.

Me: No thanks *click*

:headscratch:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:55:17 AM »
they  was wanting you  to give them your name,   :rofl2:  wonder  how many :idiots:  actually tell them  :shake:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
they  was wanting you  to give them your name,   :rofl2:  wonder  how many :idiots:  actually tell them  :shake:

It was my cell phone they were callin! I was pissed! I thought it was Mallory.. but it didn't sound like her so I didn't humor them. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2007, 11:26:56 AM »
I had one of those last week. Some girl called my cell phone from a private # & asked what are you doing & I said who is this. She said who is this & I said you called me, who are you looking for? She said a John & I said nope, wrong #. I got a call private again & she asked for Craig & I said no. She said is there a Norm there & I said no, there might be a Larry & she said really & I said no. Then she said this is Jen & I want to leave a message for him to call 510-533- pregant dog & hung up. I was  :rofl2:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
I had one  some years ago when I worked in Livermore. We'd always get the newspaper guys calling to get subscriptions and since Livermore is between Tracy and the East bay (for those of you who know) we would get calls from both ends of the area.  This is the best one ever!

Me---(answer...business name)

him--Hi I'm from ( :blah: newspaper) and would like to get you to subscribe... :blah:

me---this is a business, sir

him--well, do you get the paper?

me---NO!

him--well, let me tell you what we have....(more  :blah:)

me---No, thank you!

him--do you like shopping?

me---NO!

him--Do you like to go dancing? we have coupons and more for clubs and restaraunts... :blah:

me---NO! I do not like to go dancing!

him--Why not? everybody likes to go dancing....

OH, you'll love this part... :yupyup:

me---I don't like dancing because I'm in a WHEELCHAIR  :moon:  :lipsrsealed:!   (damn, I'm good!   :acclaim:)

him--(click!) 

never heard from them again... :dunno:

NEXT!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:59:48 PM »
That made me LOL!  I took great pride in utterly frustrating the goons from dell computers when they'd call :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2007, 08:32:27 AM »
Caller beware!  I may be having a good day or even a bad day, either way they won't be having a good time on the phone... :disturbed: :cheese: :gap:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2007, 09:53:15 AM »
Please press 1 for English
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »
My brother and I used to mess with telemarketers all the time.  get the dog riled up, and get her to start barking, and then hold the phone by her, that kind of thing.

Best one I think was when I got a call from a telemarketer, and I told him that I needed to get the other extension, and set the phone down.  About a half hour later, my mom picked up the phone that was off the hook, and the telemarketer was still there!! :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
:rofl:

a hour later 

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »
I worked in the service dept. for a dealership & their 800 # was almost the same as a well know long distance phone company & we would calls all the time cause they would dial wrong. I will use this ->  :moon: as the customer

Me> name of company

:moon: > I need service

Me> this is service, how can I help you

:moon: > I have a problem with my bill

Me> you need to call back & talk to the service manager

:moon: >There are charges on my bill that I shouldn't have to pay for

Me>  :headscratch: I can't change your bill once it has been invoiced, you have to call back on Monday & talk to the service manager

:moon: > (being very persistent) NO! I NEED THIS FIXED RIGHT NOW!

Me> OK, give me the repair order number so I can look up the bill in the computer

:moon: > I didn't have repairs done

Me >  :headscratch: did you buy parts?

:moon: >  (Irate) No, I have some long distance calls on my phone bill that I didn't make & I want them removed

Me>  :idea: Ok, let me put you on hold so I can get to a computer

:moon: > Ok

Me> what is your account #?

:moon: > ###-###-####

Me> (Tapping very hard on the key board so the customer can hear it) What is the call didn't you make?

:moon: The New York one. I don't know anyone in New York

Me> (tapping hard again) Ok, I have removed that call, is there anything else I can help you with?

:moon: > Ummmm....... Yeah,........................ there is a call to L.A. & I don't know anyone in L.A.

Me> (Tapping) ok, I removed that one also, is there anything else I can help you with?

:moon: > No, thats it. What is my new bill?

Me> well, now that I have changed your bill, it will have to be re-invoiced, your new bill will come in the mail.

:moon: > Thank you

Me> Thanks you for calling  :gap:

If the guy wasn't such a peice of  :pokinit: on the phone with me, I wouldn't have done this. But it was fun for me  :yupyup:

Edit: sorry if it was anyone on the board here  :cheese:

:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:43:02 PM »
i had one a few months ago

Me> hello

Di*k> good evening sir we would like to know if you subscribe to Dish T.V.

Me > ah just a sec....(my wife in the background playin along) Bit*h shut up i need to get rid of my illegal cable and this is the sucker from dish T.V.

Di*k> is this a good time sir

Me> yea no problem i'll just shut her up loud  :slap: in the back ground wife starts cryin (still playin along)

Di*k> Sir i can call back

Me> nop no prob.... :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: i said shut up next time i'll get out the  :bat:  (wife doing all she can not to laugh)

Di*k > CLICK
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2007, 10:50:33 PM by dizzydevil »

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »
and then?

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »
at that point, i would probably hang up, too.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »
i love egging those di*ks on ....let them run there sales pitch then ask every question you can think of....keep them on the phone for an hour then say ahhhh no thanks!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2007, 11:15:28 PM »
i love egging those di*ks on ....let them run there sales pitch then ask every question you can think of....keep them on the phone for an hour then say ahhhh no thanks!

:werd: or listen nicely to their whole pitch, ask some questions, have them repeat some stuff and clarify some things, and then tell them you've already decided to go with the competing company, not interested, or better yet, tell them that you really aren't the person in charge of the decisions in the home!  For some reaosn they hate that :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

ghetto_wheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 240
  • Member since Sep '07
  • p-town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2007, 11:59:16 PM »
i wanna be pranked by a girl how come that never happems to me
1992 toy single cab built very little highsteer on 39.5s 

39.5 irocs for sale or trade...pm me

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »
The best was when you'd actually still got American telemarketing companies!  In my bachelor days we used to get them all the time and we had this thing we'd do!

Whenever they would call, I'd always act like I was interested, just to keep them on the line, but at the same time have fake conversations at the same time, usually it was acting like we were gonna do a virgin sacrifice, or a kidnapping!  We only got the cops to show up once.  And it happen to be a cop I knew and told him the story and he just laughed!   :rofl2:

Lately I've been getting alot of wrong #'s for a paving company.  And several times I would get voice mails about how they wanted to cancel a job, and that they would be out of town!  So, I wouldn't do anything and usually a week to two later I'd get another call about how they weren't to do the job or they screwed up so bad that the customer is pissed!  Hey, they called the wrong #!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen