Author Topic: Stupid people!!  (Read 2528 times)

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
Stupid people!!
« on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »

So I'm a constuction inspector in the city of Houston Tx. It's not a bad job or a real hard job till people do this kinda crap  :slap:! We started a concrete pour at 4am. We are working in a really populated area so there's almost always traffic. Well the morning commute started getting busy. So naturally in a construction area traffic is almost always heavier...... Well this woman decided she didn't want to wait for the light and decided to try to U-turn right into our freshly poured concete. So instead of waiting 5 min to get to the light she's getting stuck w/ a 5k plus "repair bill" for the concete not to mention what it'll cost to fix her car.... F'in idiot! Pay attention when in constuction zones!!!
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: Stupid people!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:15:34 PM »
Heck, I've done that. with 4wd I make it out and just keep going. is that bad?  :headscratch:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,146
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »
That sucks for you guys but thats super funny for her. No sympathy for impatience
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
thats funny

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »
Damn that would be frustrating.  :headshake:

Did somebody inform her that due to her actions that you will have to be there again, which means more construction.  Hopefully she will have patience then.
I like to Drive!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2011, 09:59:38 AM »
She's not stupid!

She's forced to live in a world where not everyone is aware that whatever she is doing is far more important than anything anyone else could possibly be doing...in trying to accommodate (she is a compassionate Princess) your lack of appreciation for her needs, her schedule was completely thrown out of balance because of you selfishly put a construction project in her way. Now...she has to wash her car.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Online Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
The only good thing about is that she can't just drive away from it as though nothing ever happened..... and that it's going to cost her. Makes me wonder how many times she's done something stupid and just driven away, scot free.

Reminds me of the time we were trenching in fiber optic cable on a narrow country road. One guy couldn't wait so he tried to drive around and popped a tire going over some equipment. He was changing the tire when he discovered his spare took different lug nuts, which he didn't have. While he was waiting for someone to bring the right lug nuts, one of the guys asked him why he didn't just wait five minutes we opened the road. He said he didn't have time, had to get to a store before it closed. The guy said well, you have time to change the tire.....  :haha:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

emsvitil

• Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
The dark coloured car, which had a Texas licence plate, is believed to be a Lexus GS which is sold for up to $70,000. The Houston Press reported that a lawyer is the registered owner.

:haha: I hope they rape her  and sue the crap out of her 
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »
It just shows how impatient people are today.  Where I turn off the hwy to my house, there isn't a spot to really pull off the road safely.  So, I'll stay in the lane and then turn.  And people will get very angry cause they have to slow down for you.  Or, if the oncoming lane is open they will narrowly clip your bumper swinging out around you. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
WOW!  What a MORON!  So, instead of waiting a few minutes to go through, she now has to wait to get that thing towed, repaired, then get stuck with a nice fat bill.  Honestly Cheesemaker, I think it is funny when people try to pass by me in my runner or suburban.  I am not going to take the corner for some numb nut to not have to slow down.  I will not ruin my car for someone else not to be a moron.  They can honk, and I'll gladly give them the finger.  If they hit my truck, I will beat the living crap out of them for their stupidity.  Then I'll rob them of their wallet, then beat them up some more. If I am in a good mood, I might even take my crow bar to their car, and if I am in a bad mood, my sledge hammer to their head.  I have no problem with beating people up for being morons.Some say I have an anger issue, that's maybe how I got my nick name, but if it involves my life and making it worse because of some idiot, then it is personal.   :kickbutt:

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 21, 2011, 06:06:22 AM »
note 2 self :  don't make hulk angry
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »
note 2 self :  don't make hulk angry

I was going to post some thing "stupid" butt Hulk did not put down what state he lives in.
my luck he'd be down the block from me. :down: :yesnod: :punish: :idiot: :biked: :bash: :boxing: :brick: :fart:

Hulk-->  :grr:   me--> :bolt:

A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Stocker

• Online Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 21, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »
So, back to the woman mired -- apparently for quite some time -- in wet concrete. Wouldn't it be nice if she was trying to turn around quickly because she really, really had to get to a bathroom RIGHT NOW??   :disturbed:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
It just pisses me off when people do dumb things, when it effects my life in a bad way.  If you want to screw your own life, go for it, just don't involve innocent people.  Like a month ago at the gas station by my house.  Some punk tried to steal an old lady's purse.  Well, I had filled gas already and saw him yank the purse out of her hand, so I fired up my truck, cut him off, and beat him up.  I got the purse back, the gas station girl gave the purse to the old lady, and when everything was all over with, the lady had simply boarded the bus and left.  The guy tried to say it was because of his ethnicity that I beat him up, and come to find out, the moron is the same ethnicity as me.  Oh darn numb nut, can't play that card.  So the cops checked my history, then checked his, surprise!  He had a nice list of things, and I had nothing.  I had three witnesses from the gas station anyways, but who knew if the lady had her social security check or what ever, it did not matter.   That is somebody's grandma, and anyone who knows me, knows not to mess with them especially.   :yesnod:
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2011, 02:44:59 PM by HULK »

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
Talk about stupid, its steal not steel!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?