Author Topic: MrsPATaco's Burple Civic! (No Haters Please)  (Read 12698 times)

crawlerdan

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: MrsPATaco's Burple Civic! (No Haters Please)
« Reply #90 on: Oct 13, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »
another,

the second one was the day i found it in the wrecking yard

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Oct 13, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »
WOW!  Theres a before and after if i ever saw one!!  Good job dan!   :clap2:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Oct 13, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »
WOW!  Theres a before and after if i ever saw one!!  Good job dan!   :clap2:
:drooling: i like zoom

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Oct 13, 2006, 06:25:12 PM »
Looks like it would be fun to take out and Rally!!
I like to Drive!

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Oct 13, 2006, 07:02:17 PM »
I was just looking back at the thread in more detail.

Observation: The front looks like it needs braces to control the "buck teeth."

Question: Are both exhaust pipes functional or is one just for looks?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Oct 15, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »
I am loving it.
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Oct 17, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »
Thanks my Rockwell friend.   ;)

Noowwww.......where's that blackdiamond!??  :slap:

The hood is supposed to arrive today, and we are indeed leaving it black.  Only because the car already had a fancy Vis carbon fiber trunk lid when we got it, so we got a matching Vis carbon fiber hood.  Sorry!

Not too sure about the exhaust.  I guess it's not a TRUE dual exhaust because it all comes out of one head and then Y's off near the back.

But again......not here to race, don't really care about the performance or weight or anything like that.

In all fairness to blackdiamond, I DO kinda see what he's saying about the stupid buck teeth.  haha.  But I"m hoping once we get neat-o bigger wheels and lower profile tires maybe it wont look so ducky.  :qtip:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Oct 17, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
Noowwww.......where's that blackdiamond!??  :slap:

Not too sure about the exhaust.  I guess it's not a TRUE dual exhaust because it all comes out of one head and then Y's off near the back.

I don't mind clean imports, but here are two examples that will make you shake your head.

You'll love this story:

A couple of years back I saw a "80 grand" import in town that the owner was very proud of.  The crowds were gathering and admiring his ride and I noticed that one of the exhaust pipes was perfectly clean on the inside, thus a "dummie pipe" because it wasn't even connected to the exhaust system.  What made it better was the pipes were not even.

The ironic thing was his wild street racing tales and his claiming being "banned" from certain areas of town because of previous racing tickets.  He claimed some amazing quarter mile time that was total BS.  I later met the guy who built the engine on the car and he just laughed at the claimed horsepower.  The owner insisted in having the largest turbo available installed even though the guy tried to convince him that it would yield less performance.  To be fair it was a low 13 second car, but not any faster than my stock Camaro SS.

The body work looked like bondo and cardboard and was developing cracks in the seams, there were even seams that he had taped over prior to painting.  He explained that some of the cracking was due to the torque of his engine twisting the frame.  I didn't bother to point out that the rotation in a transversly mounted engine is either forward or back and not side to side.  I thought the car was a joke, but many of the crowd were simply blinded by the claimed "80 grand" value.

I almost forgot to mention the non-functional roof induction.  :rofl2:  This all part of a car built for performance!

Story 2:

I was at the drag stip in my previously mentioned Camaro and overheard a goup of import drivers talking about their shifting techniques.  They were talking about "double-clutching" and were explaining to a new guy that they double-clutched to give the engine time to rev between shifts.  I was sitting in my car wondering why they needed to rev the engine when shifting at redline.  I don't claim to be a great driver, but I did manage to learn how to power shift 1-2 (not lifting off the gas while clutching) without bouncing the rev limiter and a couple of times managed a 2-3 (one of only three times are barked tires in 3rd).  Reving the motor was the exact opposite of my goal when shifting at the strip.

For the record, "double clutching" is a road racing technique use for downshifting into corners.

:haha:

I would agree that your car will look better once it gets lowered a bit.  I would suggest some type of matching aftermarket part on the back end.  Just don't let it "wave" in the breeze like I have seen in the past.

p.s. I have also seen an import with the after market body parts painted so poorly that I could actually see runs in the paint driving by.  The poor girl was so broke that when she got a flat with her super low profile rims she ran the spare for nearly 6 months.  I passed the car on the way to work each morning so I was keeping track.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Oct 24, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
Allllllllllrighty folks, we're gettin there!  The hood is on.  Soon as we get the lines run for the windshield washers and such, I can bring it home and clean it up (it's pretty dusty inside from sitting around in Dad's garage).  Don't plan on putting too much more money into it til next spring or so, so this may be the last update for awhile.  Just wanted to show ya the hood on it.  I took it around the block tonight.  She drives very nice!   :driving:

:psss:  Juuuust to recap, not going for performance here....there are no performance upgrades planned, everything is just for looks and I don't plan to lie otherwise.  The only things I want to do now is new wheels and tires, and fancier tail lights.   ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2006, 05:00:54 PM by MrsPAtaco13 »

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Oct 24, 2006, 05:34:28 PM »
lookin good Mrs Pa.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #100 on: Oct 24, 2006, 06:42:52 PM »
:woohoo:  looks  sweet
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
:angry: it looks mean as all hell jan! nice
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:21:18 AM »
Good progress.  Now you need to get out there and Auto Cross it, see how it holds up!   :yupyup:

I like to Drive!

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
Thanks guys!  We had her out last night rippin around.  Today I'm going to go and get the plate registered for real, and I just put it on the insurance today.  Have an appointment to get her inspected next week.  Still probably gonna be awhile til we can get the wheels and tires but I don't care because it's winter now so I don't want nice wheels til Spring anyway.   :cheese:

I do LOVE the hood.  I'm so glad I held out for the one I really wanted.

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #104 on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »
sweeeeeeet can i drive

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
Just an update that I really don't have any updates yet.  haha.  I've been driving it to work more now that the weather is finally nice, but still no fancy wheels and still no cool tail lights.  I've actually been thinking about selling it.  I know, I know....I'm silly like that.  I just think about all the money we need to put into this house and I just don't really NEEEEED this car, ya know?  So I don't know.  I guess if I get an offer that strikes my fancy, I'd sell it.  But I'm not going to go out there and sell it for dirt cheap just to get rid of it.

Anyway I'll have to take some more recent pictures out in the pretty weather or something.   Later!  :)

JanMarie13 [OP]

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Jun 05, 2007, 06:38:23 AM »
Well folks, I have bid farewell to the Burple Civic.  I had a guy offer me $5,000 for it, and I figured that was a decent profit, plus we'd be gaining garage space, one less vehicle on the insurance, and money to do stuff to the house while the weather is nice.

It was fun while it lasted!  I'm sure I'll get into something else that strikes my fancy in the future!  hahaha.

I hope Wermz and I can still be Burple Buddies though.  haha

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Jun 06, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »
 :psss: We Will always be Burble Buddies   hahaha     :yupyup:

I like to Drive!