Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 145691 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Well I have been MIA for a while.... Lots has happened to the truck. I really need to get pics off my phone.

Picked up a front locker for the truck. Just another e locker but for the price I couldn't beat it.

Went up to Rollins pass to help a buddy get unstuck and broke the top trenion bearing on the drivers side and drove to Nederland like that so I could get a trailer and take it home. While it was down I replaced everything in the front axle( this is before I got the locker sonthats goig to wait a few more weeks) I added Ifs hubs, v6 calipers, lc rotors and found a few worn steering parts to add to my list of parts to replace. I just got off the phone with the guys at marlin for rod ends and to find out about the knuckle rebuild kit. Forgot to get stickers tho!

The tires are smoked now due to the bearing braking so I went tire hunting and was going to get mtr kevlars but they don't make em in 15" wheels in a 37. The good news is I picked up a set of old school mtr 37/12.5/15 close to new for cheap. So once my rod ends get here I'm going to have it aligned, start hunting 30 splines and gear the e locker 3rd.

More new stuff. My buddy Jay has started on the rear bumper brackets and as soon as the shop were using to bend it all and notch it is available we will be doing the rear bumper and tire carrier. I'm changing the tip and fixing the bed sides and tail gate.

I also added the power window stuff and had all kinds of issues with it and the alarm. I think I posted about it but can't remeber. My buddy at car toys on 104th helped me out and fixed the previous installers mess.

My buddy's 88 extra cab went missing so i freaked out a bit. Had my alarm tweaked to be more sensitive and added the gps system my dad runs in his work trucks. If it goes missing I will go hunting.

That's my crappy update with no pics.

Anyone run nitro shafts and birfs? It's a toss up between those and longs. I'm tempted to just get longs but if the nitro stuff is as good it would be nice to save some coin for other toys.
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0