Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144661 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Well it's been a busy weekend to say the least. I took my Gti from the 3rd car section to my grandmas house Saturday and drug home a new pile. It's a 95 Tacoma 2.7 autotragic. Insay this because the transmission or something in that area locked up and broke the bellhousing in half. It drove far enough to get off the highway I was told but no more then that. I picked her up for parts thinking about how I needed a new headliner after messing mine up and a few odds and ends to complete my truck. Well I get it home not even thinking to look at the headliner and it's the wrong one! But the plus side is it has working cruise, and the trim pieces I need to finish up my tilt column install. It has some brackets, clips and stuff I found that mine was missing when I got it and on top of alll that it's super clean. If the title wasn't jacked up I'd daily it.

On my way home with it I noticed a tire low on the trailer and stopped off at a friends house and saw his weeks purchase. He has 2 80's runners. I pop open the door and boom power everything! I told him I'm snagging it all off him and he was cool with it so now my truck will have proper windows that work when the doors are closed! I toyed with the idea of cutting the roof off of it for a sunroof but think I may pass on painting my cab again. He also has the ebrake bits i need to get that in working order. I'm going to grab it all next weekend when I go over to do my IFS hubs. He's done it before and said he would give me a hand cause I read so much stuff on it and eventually make my self crazy thinking about it and if it's right.

Were both trying to get our rigs ready for ttora co take over and the 4 runner jambo. His runner is about the same set up as mine but an older 3rz like my parts truck has.

Well that's my tiny update for now. I have the truck posted on cottora if anyone needs anything off of it. My number is listed on the ad.
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0