Author Topic: COMMING SOON THE BLUE MARLIN'S REAR DISK BRAKE CONV. WITH PICTS AND PART NUMBERS  (Read 4485 times)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
PART 2  

now that you have everything torn down it is time to get the new parts on

:clap2:

first we will look at the new parts from ALLPRO

the bracket and the bolts come from ALLPRO OFFROAD  

you will need to knock three of the press in studs out of the bearing cup inorder for this kit to work   IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS

once this is done you can set this aside and focus on the brake calipers

these are from a 1989 monti carlo

here is the part number for the shoes to fit

the next thing you will need is the caliper in order for these to work YOU MUST HAVE THE INSIDE HOLE THAT THE AXLE REST ON MACHINED LARGER

once you have this done you will be able to instal them as a unit onto the axle you will need to also obtain a brake line screw from the :help: section here is the part number for this

then you will also need to get the brake lines I bought mine from ALLPRO and there is a short and long side to match the ones you have with banjo fittings on the ends

you will need to paint the brackets and caliper since they do come unpainted

as you can see I test fitted the bracket onto the axle with the supplied bolts and nuts

once you have it the correct way you can take it off and slide the axleshaft back into the housing so that you can install the rotor and the caliper as shown here

make sure you have the brackest going the correct way

then you need to install the brake line  and bleed the brakes

once you have done this you may reinstall the tire and test the new rear disk brakes out  have fun :wave:  :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo