Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144633 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
ok time for an update. The truck has been GREAT! i havent had any major issues with it. I had a clip fail on the fuel line and rub the steering shaft in the bay but it was an easy fix. Other then that its been problem free and still no CEL other then the VSS i havent put in.

I have run a few trails already.
MSV and coneyflats twice, Bright trail just cause we camped there when we wheeled MSV, Moody hill and crystal mtn. and wheeler lake. Every trail i hit i ran the hardest lines i could and just tried to see what the truck would do and i was blown away cause its been unstoppable so far.

Some pics.

Picked up a Softtopper and love it!!

So my plans now.

Got all new IFS hub stuff. New v6 calipers, rotors for the swap and hubs and bearings. Gotta get that stuff on but want to paint calipers again cause im a freak like that.

Just installed the electric fans i got for it. 2 speed relays and A/c Switched so i can finish up ac and interior this winter.

Picked up header wrap for the Xunder pipe i did cause i fear the heat will kill the output seal on the transfercase.

Im looking in to a locked front axle and diamond housings to go wider next year and stronger. I see the truck being used a bit more then i thought. Im tryin to get ahold of my hook up on the winches so i can get it ordered and on.

Im going to be doing all small stuff to the truck for a while. Interior needs to be finished and the little detail stuff will be fun for a while. I cant wait to be able to open the windows while the doors closed and have power lol.

87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0