Author Topic: BigMike's Big Project  (Read 729581 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Project
« Reply #540 on: Oct 09, 2004, 08:55:17 AM »
mike did you not have the complete harness from the t100 ?
Yes, I had the complete T100 engine and interior wiring harnesses. I do not have the interior cowl harness though, but I dont need it anyways so that's ok. Do you have the Instrument cluster from the donor vehicle? That really helped me out.

i ask because i do have the complete intact harness and im just wondering how much splicing im going to have to do.
The actual wiring isnt bad at all you know, really all you've gotta do is hook up the ignition, and then just the gauges and idiot lights, maybe 20 wires tops. But Im do so much work because I dont want to have a zillion wires running all over the place that don't go to anything and arent even being used. So Im taking alot of time and cleaning up alot of wires.

well, today i knocked out the body lift in about 2 1/2 hours. pretty good considering ive never done one before.
Dude that's pretty quick! :beer:

im worried i wont have enough room for a cooling fan. i think im going to haveto cut the motor mounts off the frame and move them back. that makes me nervous. i guess ill see what happens tomorrow.
Well you have to cut and remove the motor mounts anyways to fit the mounts on the 3RZ, unless you plan on fabrication new engine mounts on the 3RZ itself that will fit onto your stock chassis engine mounts. hmmm... that's not a bad idea, but I liked keeping the T100 mounts I've got. If one goes bad, I can just order a new one from the dealer or find one used.

I am going on five weeks this coming week at the garage........................I was hoping to have my rig done first since I can't do the work myself but you guys may be finished before me  :smack:
Hey hatsu, he's beginning to sound like a fruit cake. or a space cadet. or something along those lines.
Hopefully he will do top quality work and you will be very happy once its done. Just ponder on how much power and fun you're gonna have and your be ok!! :thumbs:

Im off to the shop now, its about 9am Saturday morning.. I will try to complete all of the wiring and put the dash completely back together today and tomorrow. I've got the whole weekend for my truck!

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki