Author Topic: BigMike's Big Project  (Read 734795 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Project
« Reply #540 on: Oct 04, 2004, 12:01:36 AM »
Hey ifssucks you know I believe the G and W series both have the same trans-bellhousing pattern. In other words, you can use your G54 with the W59 5speed tranny bellhousing that came behind your 3RZ. BUT!  I wouldn't recommend this as the G is not really designed for such an engine. To put it into perspective, you wouldn't use the G behind either a Turbo 22R-TE or a 3.0L 3VZ-FE V6 engine, both of which are almost identical power as the 2.7l 3RZ...

Well well wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  HEHHHHHHHHHHHH

HEY!!! DUDES              HOLYCRAP

Those who Ive spoken to in person or on the phone know that I've had some kind of power problem. I dont have my tach setup yet, but somewhere above mid range rpm the power seems to drop and flatten out. I had a list of possible contributors to this problem, and after setting up the speed sensor, finding out that it wasn't the issue, the only thing left was the damn air flow meter.

So SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOSOSOSOS SO I finally got a good used unit  and HOLY CRAP. THIS ENGINE IS SO FREAK'N POWERFUL ITS RIDICULOUS. THIS IS by far the most powerful normally aspirated 4-cylinder engine that I've ever driven. I thought I had some "top end" power problem? yeah right, try ALL OVER power problem. Ok sorry about the bold type but im really crazy excited tonight :eyecrazy:
That cracked air flow sensor was the whole problem. I replaced alot of stuff before it, which is ok cuz now everything is in top shape, but geeze its a damn strong engine to say the least.

I called my friend who has a '86 Turbo rebuilt by Marlin using TEC's aftermarket Turbo kit and a NA cylinder head, and I asked him to do some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls side by side to see how the comparison is. Im not going to drag race this baby yet, I dont even have any rear shocks right now + its not even registered for the streets so I've gotta be careful. But it'll be interesting to see how I compare to his truck, Im lighter and using smaller tires than him, so Ive got the edge, but I cant wait to kick his Turbo ass with a Normally aspirated engine SWEET

Well enough talking, on to some pics from this weekend- :thumbs:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki