Author Topic: BigMike's Big Project  (Read 734814 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Project
« Reply #450 on: Sep 22, 2004, 06:03:25 PM »
hey mike, what year did you tank come from. the one i got is a 92 2wd. that should ve ok right. i set the motor in but the 3rz mounts seem to be a little wider than the 22r. its close but doesnt slide on all the way. ill probably put on a body lift because i dont think the hood is going to close without it.
Hey ifssucks,
The T100 does have wider mounts, and yes it almost lined up for me too, but had to make new mounts. Concerning your height, actually do try to keep it up high. We kept mine low, and now with the 1" body lift, there is a lot of space above my engine, like 3+ inches at the closet distance, and my diff is wwaayy close right now, so as I am test driving it Im being careful for now..

Thanks for the suggestions Grim and BLF, but today I purchased an Air Filter and modified an adapter designed for a Nissan 300ZX, and got a filter on. The problem is now about 70% fixed, but definately not contained. I drove it around the block now for the first time, as apposed to just down and back up the street. Im still pretty nervous about the cops since the rig is 1) not registered 2) not in my name 3) I've no pink slip 4) its not insured, let alone the infractions of no brake lights, no muffler, ohhhhhhh the list goes on and on, but I dont care 'cause Ive gotta drive it !! :eyebrow:

So back to the problem, now that I've got an air filter on, and its a really nice air filter I might add, I'll take some pics as soon as I can, it definately does better at all speeds, but if you quickly floor it, it almost back fires and it really hesitates. Im still NOT getting a check engine light so the speed sensor issue is still a mystery, so now I am blaming it on the AFM. Grim is, I already had trouble with it in the begining, and it has a good sized crack right on the top of the sensor, so I think it got damaged pretty bad during the wreck of the donar vehicle. So I've checked www.car-part.com and I can get them for just under $50 which is a good deal, but the risk of buying it and swaping them out only to find out that it wasnt the problem......  :headscratch: that's a real gamble.

Im not sure about my plans this weekend, and I dont know if I will have time to get a speedsensor wired in tomorrow night, but I will try that before I chuck up 50 bills..

Knocking em down as they come-
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki