Author Topic: Southeast Missouri Feakin PUNISHER Build! 20R/22R Hybrid Engine!!  (Read 89564 times)

DeMented Toys

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 160
  • Male Posts: 1,151
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Woo-Hoo!!!
    • View Profile
Today I was messing around in my Toyota parts field and decided to go ahead and pull the 2wd shortbed off the truck that donated the cab (94 2wd).  I thought the bed was trashed, but after cleaning out a bed load of trash and old parts, it's really in great shape!  Just a few minor dents...  Anyway...  i set the bed in place to see what I had.  The problem would be that the frame is a longbed and the bed is a shortbed.  With the other cab and bed on there, the rear quarter panel section of the bed was just cut off on both sides.  I never had any clearence issues like that, and most people didn't notice that the rear wheels didn't line up with the fenderwells -->  The rear wheels center around 42" from the back of the cab, and the fenderwells center about 32" from the back of the cab.  So the rear tires are about 10" behind center of the openings. 

My question is...  Any suggestions?  I was just going to cut the lower rear sections of the bed sided off, like before, but wonder if there is a better solution...  Or a cooler way cutting it, or doing it? 

I'm getting ready to swap chevy rears on too, and couldn't finnd any info on this but could I just move the front hangers farther forward to relocate the axle forward a few inches?  Here are some picks of the way it sits now. 
Jeff DeMent

-DeMented Toys-