Author Topic: BigMike's Big Project  (Read 720892 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Project
« Reply #210 on: Jul 13, 2004, 12:12:45 AM »
So that's about all the action for today. Oh yeah, it took me a while to get the engine out. It didnt want to leave its new host.

So now I've got about everything done that needed to be done while the engine is out for one last time. Tomorrow evening Andy will finish up the welds on his kick-ass engine mounts, get the frame painted, and then I'll sit the 3RZ in its resting place for hopefully a long time!

So I've got the clutch done. Fuel lines still need to be routed and it looks like I am going to cut out the factory rear shock mount cross bar and fit in the larger EFI long bed gas tank :D Then I need to route some fuel lines over to the drivers side, get the crossmember temporarily mounted for smog (I think I will run a Front Range Off Road crossmember once I get the Crawler in), then build my own exhaust system and get it crossed over to the drivers side to keep the cat in the stock location. For now the wiring really wont be so bad. Im not going to hook anything up except for the engine temp and check engine light. The turn signals/blinkers/horn/everything else is already wired through the stock 81' system. I think all I will have to do is plug in the ecu, set up some ground wires, get the battery installed, and build the simple fuse block on the drivers side and it should be about ready for some test runs :best:

Im hopeing to have most of that paragraph done by the end of this weekend. Marlin is gone until Thursday, so I would like to have as much finished as possible to show off to him. He has not seen my progress since last friday so I think he will be surprised. He has a 3RZ at the shop but he hasn't had any time to get it in his 80, so hopefully this will encourage him to get it installed in his rig also!

So I'll just have to keep working like this and I should get some results pretty soon. I want to keep pushing myself so I can get it running and registered so I can focus on other projects for the rig.

Cya later!
BigMike
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2004, 12:22:09 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki