Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31153 times)

TexJeff87

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 51
  • Member since Dec '05
  • I wheel in my yard...
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2007, 06:15:41 AM »
It is insulting to me that you would deny what I find to be the most important truth: Existence is far more complex and far more intricate than any religion or idea of god could ever imagine it to be.   

And it is insulting to me that YOU would deny what I find to be the truth.

Lemme ask you a question...if I'm wrong, so be it. It was a waste. But what if you are wrong? What if there is more? Ain't no "do overs"...too late to say " oops".

My brother is Church of Christ...over thanksgiving there was a long and heated discussion about several things...is babtism essential for salvation, faith by works, do you have to be a member of COC to go to heaven...it was something that's been hanging over our family for years. Lot's was learned that day.

Asking Jesus to be your savior and acknowledging your need for him in your life is all that you need for salvation. Yes, in Acts it says several times " repent and be babtized". But elsewhere in the Bible is says " just call on me ". (Of course I am paraphrasing...) That's not to say that baptizm is not important. It is an outward action, a public declaration that you are born again in Christ, and you want everybody to know it. You are to be baptized so that, if somebody else sees you do this, and declare your faith, then they may be moved to do the same. We cant' bring the people to Jesus, but we can bring Jesus to the people.

I am excited about reading this whole thread, and continuing the discussion with you all. Couple of other boards I post on do not allow threads like this.

Jeff

grease under 'ma nails....
formerly a cherry sas'd 87 runner, now an assortment of dents
35's, lockers, and a canback