Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31140 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #60 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »
And I am entirely as sorry that you believe in god.  There is no rational or practical use for such beliefs and no truth behind them.  I am sad that you folks can't seem to deal directly and honestly with the world around you, but instead choose to delude yourself in an effort to put off responsibility for your own moral judgement and character.

I am deeply saddened that people of faith would choose NOT to recognize the truely amazing creatures that we are as human beings and the beautiful physical realities that produced us.  Instead you credit all this...all of us...to an imaginary figure who exists without proof or even evidence, only on "faith."  It is insulting to me that you would deny what I find to be the most important truth: Existence is far more complex and far more intricate than any religion or idea of god could ever imagine it to be.  All this complexity was created naturally, no supernatural being necessary.  We have the privelige of experiencing this amazing semblance of order one time, and one time only.

Instead of appreciating the way things are, and how they became that way, the faithful spend their time thanking an imaginary being and looking forward to going to heaven.
No good comes of irrational, illogical beliefs and there is simply no reason for anyone to continue to hold on to them.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0