Author Topic: trail gear springs  (Read 16345 times)

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Re: trail gear springs
« on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
I'm wish there weren't so many threads out there regarding this issue.  But in saying that there are so many opinions about it.  I personally have had the import springs and had the US springs.  Frankly the import springs for me failed in about 4 trips snowwheeling on them.  Remeber what I said SNOW WHEELING.  NOT ROCK CRAWLING.  I don't know why they failed so quickly and had very good customer support getting another set of springs from marlin.  They sent me a US made set and like blackdiamond said earlier they failed in a week at Moab.  Now the front set was the only one that failed and I still don't understand what happened.  I have 2 friends in my club that run the marlin 4" springs as well.  One friend has had them on now for a few months with no problems at all.  Another friend had the same thing happen to me in just a few weeks.  Both sets were the US made springs.  I just think that my buddy and I some from a bad batch or something.  This is very wierd beacuse no one has had this much problem with the US made stuff from what I've been hearing.  I since have gotten a third set of front springs to replace my US made set.  Marlin is very good about standing behind his products and I support him mostly because I know that if I had a problem he will take care of it. 

If I were use another set of springs I would honestly run a hybrid set fo rears up front.  I have a truck setup this way as well and really like it.  Now for the rear springs there are so many options.  I don't think there really is a clear answer out there to be said.  Just do your research and go with what you feel is best for you.  If I had to buy from one of the 3 it'd be Marlin hands down.