Author Topic: trail gear rear springs on a 2nd gen runner. ??  (Read 3320 times)

Pat

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 786
  • Male Posts: 944
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
trail gear rear springs on a 2nd gen runner. ??
« on: Oct 27, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »
what kind of a measurement do you guys have for the spring hangers and shackle hangers?????  I will tack them in place and see where I end up but what you got guys :beer:
Sharing time between Northern Ca and Western Tn..

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
what kind of a measurement do you guys have for the spring hangers and shackle hangers?????  I will tack them in place and see where I end up but what you got guys :beer:
shouldnt you go to trailgear  and ask,  why do you think we would know what  their springs  are

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36377.0
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
i agree call trail gear and ask them for my 4runner i measured my buddies and copied it using tgs springs
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
well Most of us know they are exactly the same springs..  If not made by the same man. then a exact copy, I tryed calling them today but they were not open  on saturday..  I just figured someone here might have the answer..  I figured it all out though..  thanks anyways..  Pat

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
well Most of us know they are exactly the same springs..

Not! 

If not made by the same man.

I don't think so unless that chinese guy that makes TG's travels to the U.S. a lot.

then a exact copy,

I can agree with this, they are trying to copy Marlin.

I tryed calling them today but they were not open  on saturday..  I just figured someone here might have the answer..  I figured it all out though..  thanks anyways..  Pat

That figures
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

lucky7

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 303
  • Male Posts: 778
  • Member since Sep '07
  • CAN'T POLISH A TURD!
    • View Profile
mount  your rear hanger 2" in front of rear body mount and rear hanger 4"or 4 and half off rear of frame.
those measurements are to the center of the hole in the hanger thats my set up which  gives you 105"
wheel base and tucks 35's.

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Not! 

I don't think so unless that chinese guy that makes TG's travels to the U.S. a lot.

I can agree with this, they are trying to copy Marlin.

That figures

I am staying out of this one.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I am staying out of this one.

Hey it's a joke, or maybe not. :gap:

I'm sorry, we shouldn't bash someone for needing help lets help the guy out, personally I don't know the specs on tg's stuff but you may want to search the www. and see if they have someplace for tech. Just remember though K-Mart and Nieman Marcus both sell some of the same products but the quality is way better at one of them.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2007, 03:31:57 PM by Rocksurfer »

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
I got it all figured out..  But they are indeed the same damn springs in every way..  Copies for sure..  I had a marlin spring and trail gear spring next to each other and you can't tell the differance..

I was not trying to start a  war..  I bought all this new second hand for a good deal I could not pass up..  thanks again

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
 :cheese: You didn't start this war, but it is one. You are correct on older Marlin springs they were made by the same manufacturer that tg now uses. MC found that the springs from China didn't perform as well or last as long as they should have, plus tg had the supplier in their back pocket so MC moved on to a more reliable and consistant builder that keep other businesses products their product by not reveiling product secrets.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I was told my Marlin springs were made by Betts spring Manuf (CA) and assembled in Indonesia. I dont know if the spring rates are identical....they steel grades most likely are not...if they settle at different rates/distances this could affect hangar placement...
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
well Most of us know they are exactly the same springs..  If not made by the same man. then a exact copy,.......

:smack:
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I went to both sites, here are the links. I think the rear spring rates are slightly different. I don't know about length.

http://trail-gear.com/leafsprings.html vs. http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/suspension/springs.htm

They both seem like good springs, but I would go Marlin. Personal preference, plus I don't know how well the Trail-Gear springs work. I am out again.