Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 304096 times)

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, SAS'ing the Migo
« Reply #240 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »
I was just about to post how crappy those 1st set of pictures are and that we still couldn't see the front axle. Then while I was just about ready to post I noticed that you slid that second set with some good shots of the front end.  Front looks pretty good but as for that block thingy in the rear it just has to go bye, bye, and is that thing aluminum?  If it is I would be scared very scared. They have a major tendancy to wear at the edges when you wheel your rig more than to the local mall. Eventually they will roll on you and pop out, if you must or have to use a block please do us all a favor and get some steel blocks, better yet get a spring lift and throw those things in the recycle bin.

they are just to get her home after the swap is done, and only cost 15 bucks with u-bolts. I told her there are issues with aluminum blocks. I have run a 2" set before when they first started selling them at autozone, and they shot out after wearing out a couple months later. pointed the pinion straight up in the air. I was on the con, and had to change the ubolts on the side that shot out, and run with no block, tightened the other side that was going to go next and limped it to the bowl to remove the second. I tighten my ubolts before and during every run, and they still became a issue. parts suppliers swear by them for lowering truck, but I would expect the same results even after seeing it on my brothers 2wd s-10. she didn't have 75 bucks last week for the steel blocks with u-bolt kit. I was going to buy her one, but it was either buy her blocks, or use 55 of the cash I had on me to get a honda out of my shop.