Author Topic: Scary Stuff  (Read 204374 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Stuff
« Reply #2190 on: Sep 24, 2022, 11:10:11 AM »
As for solar being bad? I've been playing with solar cells since I was 6. Always been intrigued by them. I want solar, but not what they have to offer, and definately NOT at their price.

I agree with the need to go nuclear, excellent choice for sure. Problem with nuclear is the necessity to rely on the infrastructure to get your energy supply. Here in Cali the price for electricity is the highest in the nation, maybe the world, and with the need to imrove our grid and increase the suppliers, that price will increase to a level that will force us to return to fossil fuels. Really not looking forward to paying a buck fifty for a kilowatt hour of electrons. Solar IS a scam, as they try to sell it to you. It's a money generator that greedy twats are more than happy to exploit. Moving to "renewable" energy sources, with the supposed situations surrounding us, should draw humanitarian sources to help make the transition. Instead we get predators.

Currently, solar is the key to energy independence. Until they can produce those micro or mini reactors for home use, we're going to need solar to get the job done.

Until they get the grid and supply situation upgraded, electricity is NOT a viable option to replace our current energy options.

Either path they take us leads back to carbon energy anyway.  :dunno:
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.