Author Topic: Ford 302 and E40D conversion to 94 Toyota t-case  (Read 1938 times)

dan603

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Ford 302 and E40D conversion to 94 Toyota t-case
« on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »
Hi! I am converting my 94 Toyota pickup crawler rig to have a bit more power. I am taking out the EFI22R and 5 speed (with marlin Crawler clutch and goodies) and throwing in a port injection HO 302 Ford with an E40D auto transmission. Looking for anyone that has done this to help me with a parts list. I need an adapter to go from the tranny to the t-case. I also have all my Toyota stuff for sale, plus a spare 4 speed and t-case. Motor has about 60,000 miles on it and runs very strong. Any help will be appreciated. I contacted Northwest and Advanced, but no answers from them yet. You can text or call me at 603-398-2793. Thanks, Dan.

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
Preeeeeeety sure there is no adapter to go from an E4OD to a toyota tcase. Not to mention the E4OD is a pretty awful transmission =\ i just got done replacing the one in my f250 at a cool 2 grand.. and that was cheapest i could find..
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

dan603 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Good to know! I did decide to change to the AOE, as it appears to be a bot more stout. I spoke with Advanced Adapters and they make a kit to go from the Toy t-case to the AOE tranny. I would love to keep the 5 speed, but at nearly 400 hp, I would scatter parts along the rocks.

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
I'd seriously look into a Toyota 3RZ swap, or a 4.3.  Most people that do a V8 swap end up regretting it.  Just make sure you've done all your research.  I'm just saying this, because we see it here all the time.  Guys drop in this motor that they have laying around.  Just because you have it doesn't mean its a good idea.  We are willing to give you any info we can, just ask.  A good place to read up on motor swaps is over on Pirate4x4.  You may have to weed out alot of crap to get to the good info, but there is all sorts of engine swaps documented over there, including all their headaches they run into along they way. 

Hope this helps? 

I don't want to sway you away from your decision, just want you to be making an researched, educated decision. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
I swaped a TBI 350 into my toyota. Its the best thing i ever did and i absolutely love it.  Its weighs about the same as  a 3.4 and less BS to deal with. The 302/5.0 is a good swap if not better than the 350 due to no distributor headaches since its up front. Its also slightly shorter so a little easier to fit. Its funny i actually have MORE room to work on the motor with the v8 than i had with my 22re.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !