Author Topic: Freedom of Speech is Now A Felony????!!!!  (Read 6015 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Freedom of Speech is Now A Felony????!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 16, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »
If you take the report of the same story from MSNBC and FOX blend them together you will pretty much get the true story. :rofl:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »
Don't forget the dash from NPR, and the sprinkling of the Colbert Report and The Daily Show with John Stewart!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jun 23, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »
True you cant scream fire in a theater crowed or not, thats trying to start a riot. But do you want to go to jail for "protesting" by holding a sign? Or by wearing a t shirt. It goes way beyond just a bunch of kids making noise.

Did you read the law?, it doesn't state anything about carrying a sign or wearing a t-shirt is a violation.  It clearly states government building or event and requires one to have had the intent of blocking entrances or making so much noise as to be a disruption of federal functions.  The intent element will require a Prosecutor to show that the individual arrived with the intent and the tools to block entrances or make noise at a levels that would be a disruption.  The simple result of the protest crowd being large enough to cause a disturbance or block the entrance wont be enough to charge anyone with a violation.  It will be highly unlikely for anyone to be charged and prosecuted for its violation, and since it doesn't clearly state what constitutes a disruption of government duties, it will likely be overturned in the Fed. Court system.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jun 24, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
With a law like this, whos to say what they will "say" is blocking a entrance, and since is doesnt state what is a disruption, they will use that to their advantage and say anything will fall under this new law.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
With a law like this, whos to say what they will "say" is blocking a entrance, and since is doesnt state what is a disruption, they will use that to their advantage and say anything will fall under this new law.

Between the ambiguity of what is "a disruption of government conduct" and the need of "knowing and willfull conduct" it will be all but impossible for anyone to be prosecuted let alone go to prison for 10yrs.  Laws have to be clear and precise as to what is a violation, and are not subjected to being interpreted by LEO's or Prosecutors as to what conduct they believe qualifies as a violation.  Wearing, carrying, chanting a protest slogan will never meet the level of of disruption necessary to be in violation, however acting the way that the OWS and 99% losers do may get you detained, but likely never charged absent meeting other elements such as violence or destruction of property.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:01:03 AM »
In the past yes, but now with new laws like this, they are slowly changing it so we are losing rights, open your eyes. They start out vague and will more and more strict.They know they can not just put down a law that is what they really want, so they do it over time.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2012, 07:10:56 AM »
In the past yes, but now with new laws like this, they are slowly changing it so we are losing rights, open your eyes. They start out vague and will more and more strict.They know they can not just put down a law that is what they really want, so they do it over time.

I agree with you.  They work what they want to, taking away our freedom little at a time.  Politicians are liars who are control freaks, thinking only about filling their pockets by taking away from ours.  We work our butts off, while they sit their in their pretty little suits and rip us off.

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
I agree with you.  They work what they want to, taking away our freedom little at a time.  Politicians are liars who are control freaks, thinking only about filling their pockets by taking away from ours.  We work our butts off, while they sit their in their pretty little suits and rip us off.

put them bastards on minimum wage, or to be fair 25-35 hour, thats realistic

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
put them bastards on minimum wage, or to be fair 25-35 hour, thats realistic

Ron Paul stated multiple times if he was elected president he would take a salary of $39,336, equivilent to the average American.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2012, 12:29:04 PM »
presidents only get a mil in the end, but what do they spend while in office!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »
i am voting for romney :gap:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

81 toyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 241
  • Member since Oct '11
  • 81 toyota detroit front spool rear 35x14.5 boggers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 09, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
The goverment was made by the founding fathers then they cripled it so it would be weak and small.  it was desind so that no one man can get power and make drastic changes, because the founding fathers new that politicle power is like a drug it corupts even the best of men.  So ever since it was created it has worked on becoming the huge systom it is today.  there is no more liberty it has turned into facism (power holder doing whatever aperes necisary for the state). unfortuenetly because of its desin even if a good person got into power it would not make a diff because no one person can change the systom.  jest because it is law dose not mean we have to follow it.  that was the ruling after WWII when the nazi criminals sat on trial they pleaded inocent because by there goverments laws their actions were leagle.  the jury convicted them gilty because they belived theat a person should belive in a higher law other than what the goverment says. so if you are folowing a law that thretens liberty are you doing a good thing or are you gilty of taking away someones rights.