Author Topic: NEEDED economy car, with LOTS of rear leg room? SUV?  (Read 2053 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
NEEDED economy car, with LOTS of rear leg room? SUV?
« on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »
what the title says, what Im looking for is a car that gets good mileage and that has plenty of room in the rear seat. doesnt really need LEG room, needs carseat room so the rear facing car seats arent hitting the back of the front seats, Im 6'3 and I have to have the seat all the way back and tilted back too in order to be comfortable in a car.

Hoping for 25+ miles per gallon average.

Let me know if you have any ideas, cheaper is better, not looking to finance. So budget would be less then like 4 grand, keep in mind that I can fix most thins wrong with a car, so as long as I can buy it and fix it within that price range Im happy (time=money so nothing too crazy)
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Early to mid '90s accord.  friend had one, got 30-35 mpg, 4 door, and I fit great in it at 6'6" (lots of leg room).  One of the few cars I don't have to lean the seat back in
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Early to mid '90s accord.  friend had one, got 30-35 mpg, 4 door, and I fit great in it at 6'6" (lots of leg room).  One of the few cars I don't have to lean the seat back in

X2 on that. Passengers always commented on how roomy my 94 Accord was. The 2.2L is torquey and gets great gas mileage. I was definitely upper 20s but I drove like a teenager. Not sure how roomy Camrys and Corollas are but I dont think they are as roomy in the back as the Accords are.

Not to mention I never had to do any repairs except regular maintenance.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I had a 99 with the f23, I think it had plenty of room too
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN. I have a 2011 versa 23 - 27 MPG buddy has a 2002 sentra 24 - 29 I had a 2000 Maxima with the 6 speed man trans 19 - 25 (On a REAL good day) I like the toyotas and hondas a lot miss my VW also it got good mileage. (Golf)
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
get a tdi jetta, get like 50 mpg

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I had a vw rabbit diesel, got 45 all day, BUT it lacked on the room too, what kind of rear room is there in the jetta? also, might try to get a job back a a restaurant and get free veggie oil to run it off of?

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
veggie oil is garbage in my opnion, same with bio diesel, but my friend is 6,6 and has tons of room in his jetta

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I have an Impala, plenty of room up front and just as much in the rear and in gets 25mpg.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you