Author Topic: no body damage on marlin  (Read 15548 times)

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
Re: no body damage on marlin
« Reply #90 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
I love this thread now.  :love:  :blah:

rockcrawlinredneck

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 404
  • Member since Jul '06
  • 1st Gen's rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:34:14 PM »
Why do you say that? I have one of the cleanist (in my opinion) 1st gens I have ever seen on the trails, it gets wheeled, and wheeled hard! It has been through the box, soup bowl, big sluice, up cadillac, all the winch hills on Fordyce and it is still clean. It does have a small patch of "love scrapes" from soup bowl, but it is still really clean for what it is! Definatly not "destroyed" from the box. Here is a pic of the ONLY damage I got from running the box.

Proof its been in the box!

true that... sounds like these other self proclaimed "wheelers" only mall crawl.. too scared to hit real trails!!!!!!   :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: 4 ya

You got it, I'm mall rated!

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »
Marlin dont got a beat ass truck cause it wouldnt appeal to MOST wheelers who buy his products.

I'd bet Marlin would have a clean truck even if it wasn't the face of his company.  BigMike is a chip off the old block and doesn't destroy his truck either.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Dec 14, 2010, 12:49:15 AM »
well when a rookie wheeler wants to take his truck threw tank and doesnt mind body damage but has a stock truck you be a stand up guy and yank him threw what he cant make on his own every1 should have the rite to beat the hell out of there body on a trail if they want too that was prolly the most fun on tank. .

Well thats a piss poor way of introducing someone to wheeling... maybe you should direct them to a Jeep if being on the receiving end of a tow strap and getting their :pokinit: hammered by you, the person towing their paperweight ass is their idea of "fun".  :hahaha:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 340
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Dec 14, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
Well thats a piss poor way of introducing someone to wheeling... maybe you should direct them to a Jeep if being on the receiving end of a tow strap and getting their :pokinit: hammered by you, the person towing their paperweight ass is their idea of "fun".  :hahaha:

no actully we were hittin tank and kid wanted to take his truck and wanted to know if he could be pulled if he were to get stuck and thats how it went. . only needed to get yanked on 2 parts. .lil stocker did good and body damage wasnt even that bad due to it being so low
82 locked,geared,cased,caged daily

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Dec 14, 2010, 01:08:42 AM »
no actully we were hittin tank and kid wanted to take his truck and wanted to know if he could be pulled if he were to get stuck and thats how it went. . only needed to get yanked on 2 parts. .lil stocker did good and body damage wasnt even that bad due to it being so low

Kind of debunks your theory of Tank Trap as a "hardcore" trail doesn't it, regardless of frame height? A stocker making it through almost the entire trail, barely damaged, only strapped twice....  doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm not sure how well a stock rig would survive being towed through an obstace like the Little Sluice for example. It would be a dead weight, rock anchor tow test more than anything else...
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Dec 14, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »
Kind of debunks your theory of Tank Trap as a "hardcore" trail doesn't it, regardless of frame height? A stocker making it through almost the entire trail, barely damaged, only strapped twice....  doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm not sure how well a stock rig would survive being towed through an obstace like the Little Sluice for example. It would be a dead weight, rock anchor tow test more than anything else...
im just stating that tank is a trail where body damage will happen i never said it was a hardcore trail. .little sluice is a hrdcore trail in my eyes and not saying a stocker can be yanked threw

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #97 on: Dec 14, 2010, 02:58:08 AM »
It is now time for a short story....

Once upon a time there was a truck and a man

The end.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:03:10 AM »
It is now time for a short story....

Once upon a time there was a truck and a man

The end.
:roflsign: :funny:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #99 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:12:55 AM »
The sequel will be even better. :adoration:
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010, 06:01:47 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

SCyotacrawler420 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 84
  • Male Posts: 132
  • Member since Nov '08
  • work hard... play even harder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Dec 14, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
i bet marlin would be proud of this thread, hahaha. marlin probably is looking at this an wondering why were talking about other people making it up trails, there is a subliminal message in here if you can see it

TOYOTA PRIDE

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Dec 14, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
yea i was thinking the same thing but thats what happens . .everybody thinks they're right and doesn't want to hear anything other. . but for the record no matter what trails crawler truck doesn't hit or what body damage it doesn't have its an awesome truck . .and this 1s for you Marlin  :beer: :beerchug:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #102 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
Wtf has this thread turned into? Marlin dont got a beat ass truck cause it wouldnt appeal to MOST wheelers who buy his products. Being dragged thru a hardcore trail in a stock truck is gay, I could drag a daewoo up some stuff, be just as gay. I myself like rigs with body damage, but ony well used rigs, like ones on pirate, bein wheeled hard with no exo for 7 years plus, not dudes that take a truck and drink a beer, and mash the pedal down a trail, sure its fun, but no skill. Any cheerleader that drives a scion can hop in a built toyota and floor it up something, you dont need to beat your truck all the time to get places, ti showing off most times.
that may be the smartest thing you've ever said :thumbs:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way