Author Topic: lets see your MUDFLAPS!!  (Read 9775 times)

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
Re: lets see your MUDFLAPS!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »
87 where did they get you at?

you mean where did i get pulled over? in tahoe city right in front of the save mart. guy was a d bag :shake:
:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 09, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »
Ya I got mine right by alpine meadows heading to truckee, guy was a total richard and even told me there should be laws keepin my death trap off the road :smack:

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 09, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »
I wanna find an old rubber bed mat....  and do something similar to that guy with the metal frame to keep his shaped, but Im gonna make it like four inches wider then the tires and wrap up as removable fender flares. mine will take two pins to remove, but I shouldnt ever get any crap about it

I dont care what it looks like on the road, the more legal the better, and the more stuff I can removed and get out of the way while I am offroad the better
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
Ya I got mine right by alpine meadows heading to truckee, guy was a total richard and even told me there should be laws keepin my death trap off the road :smack:

he said that? i would have started yelling at him you better watch yer mouth. you put time and money into that

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »
he said that? i would have started yelling at him you better watch yer mouth. you put time and money into that
My head filled with things I would love to say but I have been there before so i just sat and smiled :ack:

Off topic I keep passing you all the time, throw out a wave next time. I'm in a 97 green taco with a camper shell :wave:

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2010, 08:03:12 PM »
I would have just politely said, "well good thing for me, there aren't!"
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »
My head filled with things I would love to say but I have been there before so i just sat and smiled :ack:

Off topic I keep passing you all the time, throw out a wave next time. I'm in a 97 green taco with a camper shell :wave:
ya i know what you mean. ill keep a look out for you haha
I would have just politely said, "well good thing for me, there aren't!"

bingo

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 09, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »
I actually got pulled over in oregon for no flaps but I had florida plates, he asked me what I was doing there, I said I drove up to eugen to visit my mom in law, he let me go with a warning, He says it dont matter what state your registered in either, if your violating there vehicle code they will fine you for it...
kinda messed up, Ive seen guys on 54" boggers rolling around back in florida, they wouldnt last five minutes in cali or oregon

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
Oregon sucks about flaps. Well just put it this way oregon is just a copy cat of cali. Everything they do we copy in a year or 2. Texas and florida it does not seem to matter truck can be as tall as you want no flaps nothing.

I'm gonna be running semi flaps about 1" off the ground and home built 6" flares then they cant say jack.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Nov 10, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
actually Florida cares... Louisiana doesnt care, florida has bumper mount height that they enforce (yeah got one of them) actually, let me check out my photobucket account

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 10, 2010, 09:58:43 AM »
here, I had to do this to get the florida cops off me... I welded this to the BOTTOM of my hitch, talk about horrible departure? angle?   Id start to climb something and know I could make it... right up untill that bumper hit the ground... I was planning on cutting it off and making it hitch mount, I could have it be dropped for legality ... then flip it over for offroad

87hillbillyoter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
thats not a bad idea...

punchyyoter85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Male Posts: 171
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 27, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
oregon cops are gay!!! everytime i have gotten pulled over is because someting on my truck is wrong! either its too loud or no flaps or fender flairs! just stupid stuff! ive even gotten pulled over just because the cop said my tire was low! i live in a town of 600! they have nothing to do here but f with me and my buddies! so now i have truck flaps on my flatbed that are an inch from the ground lol. its stupid. sorry  for my rant but they need something better to do.!