Author Topic: Colorado 4Runner Jamboree 2010 - July 30th, July 31st & Aug. 1st  (Read 91204 times)

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
When is everyone heading out? Anyone want to meet in Florissant on Thursday afternoon/evening? It's past Divide on Hwy 24; there's a nice seedy local bar there too for a "road soda" as one kid called it last year. Not that I encourage drinking and driving (Lord knows I don't) but it's a landmark and about the only thing in town besides 2 gas stations.

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 250
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
I was going to stay in Alma at my cabin Thursday night, and head over Mosquito Pass to Holy Cross Friday morning to cut off some highway miles from Denver.  But from the Springs, it probably wouldn't make much difference.  Anyway, anybody that would like to do an early morning Mosquito Pass run before Holy Cross is welcome to join us.
'80 Pickup, 5VZ-FE engine, A340F transmission, Marlin gear drive adapter, Dual Ultimate transfer cases, 5.29 gears, Detroit rear/Lockrite front locker, 37" Goodyear MTRs, XRC8 winch, custom tube bed and armor

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
I'll be leaving Thursday night.  I was going to take the I-25 to Hwy 24 route to Hwy 285 (never taken this route to BV before.).  It appears to take the same time as taking Hwy 50 out.  The bonus is not having to drive the canyon between Canon City & Salida.  I'm hoping to leave Pueblo @ 6-7pm putting me in BV @ 9pm.  I'll pass on the pit stop in Florissant, I'd rather get to BV to get camp setup and hang out by the campfire.
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!

jarboarder1

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 212
  • Member since Oct '07
  • Rocky Mountains
    • View Profile
I am planning on camping at hollycross thursday night and meeting up with everyone in the morning. Then head to BV with everyone when we are done.

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
Kyle, I might try to meet up with you since I'm suddenly without a trailer  :mad:  so I'm considering just driving my pile out there... did you get new tires? I'd like to at least get a spare; I have a wheel, just no tire.

>>Dan

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
No, I didn't get new tires yet.  Everybody in the state of Colorado selling tires seems to be incredibly unreliable, lying, or impossible to get a hold of.  It's ridiculous.  Anyway, I might just go out on my chewed up super swamper spare.  But I'm still calling people, and waiting on several others.

Dan, you're welcome to come up Thursday night, and stay/camp at the cabin.  You might even be able to convoy with Lauren...  She's pretty good at waiting up for slow Toys... though she may be tired of it by now...  :greengrin:  Or you could just meet up with us Friday morning.
'80 Pickup, 5VZ-FE engine, A340F transmission, Marlin gear drive adapter, Dual Ultimate transfer cases, 5.29 gears, Detroit rear/Lockrite front locker, 37" Goodyear MTRs, XRC8 winch, custom tube bed and armor

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
Change of plans #87342807620836085702405.2:

Not bringing my truck, too risky for electrical/tire failure and expensive for fuel. We'll be rolling out in Suz's car Thursday afternoon/evening still, just looking for some open seats now...

Riding pregnant dog yet again...  :down:
>>Dan

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 99
  • Member since Jun '09
  • function WAAYYYYYY before from
    • View Profile
Change of plans #87342807620836085702405.2:

Not bringing my truck, too risky for electrical/tire failure and expensive for fuel. We'll be rolling out in Suz's car Thursday afternoon/evening still, just looking for some open seats now...

that sux. since i am unable to go you can come down and borrow my runner. it needs the trail time.  :)  just take pics of all the cool things you do with it :thumbs:
11C's. We are snipers too, just with bigger bullets.
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

Suz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Female Posts: 55
  • Member since Nov '09
  • A moment enjoyed is not wasted
    • View Profile
Where is the cabin? We will be stopping in Florrisant to drop off his uncle's truck and then continuing on. Call Dan or I. :) (Yes, I am trying to get out of sleeping in the back of the suzbaru for a night.

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
that sux. since i am unable to go you can come down and borrow my runner. it needs the trail time.  :)  just take pics of all the cool things you do with it :thumbs:

I can't, GJ is a bit far to drive to borrow a rig even if it has a trailer. I'm pretty sure my friend wouldn't be up for that... he's a big-time fuel mileage watcher and we're both poor so fueling both trucks would be extra-tough.

This is why I'm tempted to move out west... more people who actually wheel and have rigs that can wheel.

>>Dan

Matty

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 875
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
He's alive!  I've been asking Jared if you were still around & coming to the Jambo.  Seems like you're moving every year, right before the Jambo :D  Sucks about the money deal, we'll be doing this for years so don't worry about it.

The Coyote Cantina Crew is going to be strong again this year!!  We've got a couple more members to induct this year, hahahahahahaahahaha.

Hope you can squeeze in a weekend of wheeling & camping!

No go for me :( too much going on to take the time and money to make it down there.  Also my headgasket blew so i wouldnt be driving anyways.  But have fun guys!  and make sure to have a marg or 3 for me at the Catina.

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
What the heck did I miss about this Coyote Cantina thing last year?

Should we post signs along the highway to guide people to the campsite or just let em guess? I'm talking just around the turn-off; not miles away.

>>Dan

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile

I posted something in your build thread.

No go for me :( too much going on to take the time and money to make it down there.  Also my headgasket blew so i wouldnt be driving anyways.  But have fun guys!  and make sure to have a marg or 3 for me at the Catina.

Sucks Matty.  Totally understand though!  

What the heck did I miss about this Coyote Cantina thing last year?

Should we post signs along the highway to guide people to the campsite or just let em guess? I'm talking just around the turn-off; not miles away.

We usually hit up Coyote Cantina after running BV Carnage on Saturday.  

The easiest way to find our camp is to drive down Hwy 285 toward BV.  Once you see the intersection of Hwy 285 & Hwy 24, you have another 8.2 miles until Co Rd 315 (Blue sign with yellow letters).
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=38.922134,-105.968249&daddr=Co+Rd+315&geocode=%3BFcCSUAIdqDeu-Q&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=38.922224,-105.968757&sspn=0.024774,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=38.880477,-105.972576&spn=0.099154,0.154324&t=h&z=13

Turn right (north) on Co Rd 315 and drive 2.6 miles until you get to the intersection of 315 & 376 (Lenhardy's Cuttoff).  Turn left (west) on 376.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=38.85809,-106.053858&daddr=Co+Rd+315&geocode=%3BFcCSUAIdqDeu-Q&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=38.859694,-106.042099&sspn=0.024796,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=38.84412,-106.041842&spn=0.049602,0.077162&t=h&z=14

We will be camping in the big campsite on the right side.  You can't miss it.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010, 07:42:00 AM by Volcom »
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

toytank

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Sep '06
  • ROCKSOLIDMOTORSPORTS
    • View Profile
ill be leaving about 7 tonight heading to bv eventhough i know that i will have to back track for holy cross it will be nice to set a camp see ya boys there
old and sqeaky but she goes

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
1 day left!!!  We'll be unloading the trailers and heading up to the Holy Cross trailhead at this time tomorrow.  I hope everyone makes the trip and have a safe drive to HC or BV.  If you want my phone number just in case, PM me.

This will be the trip of the year!!!
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
ill be leaving about 7 tonight heading to bv eventhough i know that i will have to back track for holy cross it will be nice to set a camp see ya boys there

We'll see ya tonight.  I'll be arriving @ the same time in BV.
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

Suz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Female Posts: 55
  • Member since Nov '09
  • A moment enjoyed is not wasted
    • View Profile
We are heading out now! We should be there around 5-6pm tonight. See ya guys soon.

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
Just talked to Scotty.  We have the same campsite so we're good to go!  Anyone have a chainsaw they can bring?  It would save me 45 minutes of having to pick one up from a friend of mine.  If not, I don't mind borrowing his for the weekend.
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
We are heading out now! We should be there around 5-6pm tonight. See ya guys soon.

Truck or Subaru?
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
 :rivers: ok- i ran out of tears. now i can finally see enough to post. have fun guys. be safe. lots of pics. :rivers:
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
:rivers: ok- i ran out of tears. now i can finally see enough to post. have fun guys. be safe. lots of pics. :rivers:

Ouch :D  The tears will start back up Sun. night went the pics get posted
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
Ouch :D  The tears will start back up Sun. night went the pics get posted

:ha_ha:   :roflsign: no kidding. i will be drinking alot of water for sunday. i am anxioulsy awaiting the pictures. maybe i can get out tis weekend and do some crawling just to scratch the itch!!!!!!!

:beer:

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Couldn't fit any wood...I'll throw in a chainsaw.  I'm leaving now, but I'm going to call Lauren later for the answer...  What time should I meet you guys at Holy Cross?  Or maybe can I meet you in Leadville?  I'm going across Mosquito Pass, and I think I'm the only one.

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
Trail head at 9am is what I remember volcom saying. Everyone stay safe and have a blast. Can't wait to see pictures so I can be there through proxy
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Well when I was traveling down 287 this evening, all was well until smoke started pouring into the cab.  Something got a major short, and I smoked my entire wiring harness.  So have fun without me this weekend...  I probably won't be out again until next summer.

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
Well when I was traveling down 287 this evening, all was well until smoke started pouring into the cab.  Something got a major short, and I smoked my entire wiring harness.  So have fun without me this weekend...  I probably won't be out again until next summer.

wow- that sux. did you get it back home ok?

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Yeah fortunately I was already set up for a tow bar, so I just had to convince my Dad to bring his Dodge all the way out there so we could hook it up.  He of course wasn't too happy, but was nice enough to come out.

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
Yeah fortunately I was already set up for a tow bar, so I just had to convince my Dad to bring his Dodge all the way out there so we could hook it up.  He of course wasn't too happy, but was nice enough to come out.

sweet. good luck with the repair

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
1 more day to wait!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin:

:camping:

me- "Yes i would like a ticket to see the 2010 Colorado 4runner jamboree pics"

"clerk"- here you go sir- that will be through door #1, do you need some tissues?"

me- " no thanx- i was warned before time about how much of a tear jerker this was going to be. :). i have my own family sized box"

:popcorn:
:sleeping:
 :popcorn:
just waiting for the lights to dim---

BRING ON THE PEEKTARS

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Carnage was an action packed trail run today...  Hope somebody got some pics of that rollover!