Author Topic: Colorado 4Runner Jamboree 2010 - July 30th, July 31st & Aug. 1st  (Read 91504 times)

Volcom

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
anybody willing to let me ride along if I can get time off work my truck wont be ready by then I just started a new job and have a baby on the way so I have to save money for a while but I still want to go...

There should be about 35-40 open seats.  If you can swing the trip (even without having your own truck) I'd suggest it!  It's an awesome weekend of wheeling!
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 99
  • Member since Jun '09
  • function WAAYYYYYY before from
    • View Profile
i would love to go but its a little too far for me to travel (especialy without a trailer). BUT if you guys do a junction trail this time or on any of the next jambo's i am soooooo in. ill keep an eye out for future posts of the next C4RJ
11C's. We are snipers too, just with bigger bullets.
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
i would love to go but its a little too far for me to travel (especialy without a trailer). BUT if you guys do a junction trail this time or on any of the next jambo's i am soooooo in. ill keep an eye out for future posts of the next C4RJ

we are running billings next weekend if u wanna join us?

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Again, I am getting pretty psyched about this... still want to move the axles apart some but a 103" WB should be okay for most of the trails. Hopefully I can squeeze together some $$ for new tires too; probably 36" Iroks... anyone running bias-ply tires?

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile

we are running billings next weekend if u wanna join us?

by next weekend do you mean the weekend of the 7-8-9? im running it this weekend (today i guess) with a few others. were trying for an 11 oclock trail head time. your more than welcome to join. im sure you probably know some of the guys im running with. as for next weekend i will see- the wife has screwey schedules for work. the life of a nurse you know!
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

toytank

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Sep '06
  • ROCKSOLIDMOTORSPORTS
    • View Profile
coloradocrawler you live just off 1st street?
old and sqeaky but she goes

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
coloradocrawler you live just off 1st street?

yes sir- west side of sherwood park. on west kennedy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:42:10 AM by coloradocrawler »

toytank

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '06
  • ROCKSOLIDMOTORSPORTS
    • View Profile
cool i seen your rig there my girlfriend lives on the same street my shop rocksolid motorsports is down the rd between 25 and 25.5 on south commercal. we should do some wheelin

toytank

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '06
  • ROCKSOLIDMOTORSPORTS
    • View Profile
also since most of us r on here from co you should join lunitic 4x4 forum its all co boys and girls

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm out.... :down: decided to save money for a tow rig and the girlfriend and I are going to get a place together. I'm going to have to keep it local this summer. Next year though it's on!
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile

also since most of us r on here from co you should join lunitic 4x4 forum its all co boys and girls

i am on lunatic. i go by 4finger over there. same name on colorado4x4. im not much of a contributor cause of my new-ness. so i just read and read. a buddy put up the pics of the last trip to billings up on lunatic.
http://www.lunatic4x4.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1168

id love to wheel with you guys- get some more experience. my wife works every other weekend. and this weekend is work days. through the grapevine i called "phil/boggerrunner"= I THINK. i was givin your name on the "CO for sale" on here by volcom and you guys didnt have the part but gave me a number to someone else. i havent got a call back from him yet- but i think plans might change, i might not need that part. but now that i now about you guys as a shop i know of another possable parts source. keeping me out of the trade center. there getting pricey on some of there stuff.
keep me posted on your guys trips- ill try to make it to some of them. but the next mod i do to my truck will start soon and ill be down for a little on that. im thinking of bobbing the runner a few inches, including the topper

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm out.... :down: decided to save money for a tow rig and the girlfriend and I are going to get a place together. I'm going to have to keep it local this summer. Next year though it's on!

Totally understand.  I've been borrowing my dad's CTD to tow my 4Runner around.  I finally got the go ahead this winter to buy a truck of my own.  We roughly plan the CO4RJ at the same time every year (end of July, start of Aug.)
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile

i am on lunatic. i go by 4finger over there. same name on colorado4x4. im not much of a contributor cause of my new-ness. so i just read and read. a buddy put up the pics of the last trip to billings up on lunatic.
http://www.lunatic4x4.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1168

id love to wheel with you guys- get some more experience. my wife works every other weekend. and this weekend is work days. through the grapevine i called "phil/boggerrunner"= I THINK. i was givin your name on the "CO for sale" on here by volcom and you guys didnt have the part but gave me a number to someone else. i havent got a call back from him yet- but i think plans might change, i might not need that part. but now that i now about you guys as a shop i know of another possable parts source. keeping me out of the trade center. there getting pricey on some of there stuff.
keep me posted on your guys trips- ill try to make it to some of them. but the next mod i do to my truck will start soon and ill be down for a little on that. im thinking of bobbing the runner a few inches, including the topper

we are gonna run billings sunday at noon this weekend if u wanna join us

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile

we are gonna run billings sunday at noon this weekend if u wanna join us

well now i feel bad. it looks like the misses wants/needs to go to moab to visit her mom and dad and help babysit her sisters baby while her sister goes to a wedding. we will be heading back sunday night 5ish. ill have to check my schedule, im a stay at home dad right now- im open alot during the week. if my wife works i have my son all to myself- and shes still alittle afraid of him getting hurt in a flop or roll so i do not bring him. so if she works i can not go. the weekends are hit or miss with her work schedule. so i guess just keep shootin me notices of dates you guys go out and ill see what i can do.

jss

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
A few of us are gonna hit 21 Rd, Thursday the 6th around 10:30 - 11:00 if anybody is interested... :driving:   :beerchug:
Hold my beer and watch this....

toytank

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '06
  • ROCKSOLIDMOTORSPORTS
    • View Profile
im working in nd right now but my next trip is memorail weekend in rangley a group of us r heading that way for 4 day if you can swing it your more than welcome to join us

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
Bump!  Two months away.
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
  :willynilly: ...broke a shock hoop this weekend, lost a caliper bolt and I need new tires; although the old MTRs do well at 10 psi.

>>Dan

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
i dunno if I will make it with the new job I have. We shall see, I have had no time to work on the truck at all
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 250
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Hit up Ironclads today.... Moab on Wednesday....and that's all I have planned until this....so hopefully the truck will be in good shape to go.
'80 Pickup, 5VZ-FE engine, A340F transmission, Marlin gear drive adapter, Dual Ultimate transfer cases, 5.29 gears, Detroit rear/Lockrite front locker, 37" Goodyear MTRs, XRC8 winch, custom tube bed and armor

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 890
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
Well i had to put my r151 and dual cases in my truck over the weekend so as long as i can get a front d-shaft by then im in.
1985 4RUNNER (rip) http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54940.0

1997 T100, 4.88, DUAL T-CASE, R151, lockright in the rear, Alcan springs, 37"S, Bobbed 15", 3.4L TRD Supercharger, JBL headers 
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35174.0

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix

-JOSH-

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
i dunno if I will make it with the new job I have. We shall see, I have had no time to work on the truck at all

I hope you can make it!
84 4Runner
Marlin high steer
TG springs
109" wheelbase

Addicted Off Road

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
Josh, what did you have in your truck before the duals? How about a square d-shaft? They look pretty simple to build; I'm gonna run one whenever I get the RUFs in/done.

>>Dan

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 890
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
Josh, what did you have in your truck before the duals? How about a square d-shaft? They look pretty simple to build; I'm gonna run one whenever I get the RUFs in/done.

>>Dan
it was just stock tranny and t/c with 341xxx miles on it lol. ya i have a square d-shaft from when the tranny and duals where in my 4runner but i have a d44 up front in the T so... and i have a long travel d-shaft from the front its just now 6" to short and it being my dd i need to be able to cruse on the HWY faster than 45. Worse case i will go the the junk yard and pick up a d44 shaft and mod the one side of my square shaft. my tires on the other hand are starting to get a little low on tread.
1985 4RUNNER (rip) http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54940.0

1997 T100, 4.88, DUAL T-CASE, R151, lockright in the rear, Alcan springs, 37"S, Bobbed 15", 3.4L TRD Supercharger, JBL headers 
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35174.0

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix

-JOSH-

Quick Draw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 250
  • Member since Feb '10
  • Her name is Doris.
    • View Profile
Well, my rig survived Moab and came back in one piece.  This is my next major wheeling trip I have planned, so she should be ready.
'80 Pickup, 5VZ-FE engine, A340F transmission, Marlin gear drive adapter, Dual Ultimate transfer cases, 5.29 gears, Detroit rear/Lockrite front locker, 37" Goodyear MTRs, XRC8 winch, custom tube bed and armor

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
well the opportunity came and went. :mad:  im in the process of doing a bob on the 4unner. i had to let my dad "borrow" his welder back and cant get it till this next weekend. when i get it back i can finish the tailgate and crossmember hopefully during the following week- BUUTT i need to wait for the brother in law to open some space up in his garage so i can borrow his bender for my rear bumper, he is in the middle of rebuilding a trailer in his garage so its gonna be awhile.  all i can say is   :rivers:.   
   please get lots of pics so i know what im in for on the next one and i will definately be watching for the next chance with the utmost eagerness

:beer:

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
Aw, you don't really need a rear bumper; just strap a log out back and call it good. Come wheeling anyways!!

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
plenty of trails that dont require a fully built rig. Come out and enjoy the camp amd some of the more scenic trails
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
Aw, you don't really need a rear bumper; just strap a log out back and call it good. Come wheeling anyways!!

im still asking purdy please to the wife to go and just ride.... we will see what she says. ill look around for a log tomorrow. heres a funny "you will get flamed on pirate" question. i have an 87 4runner with a 5 in lift. what kinda log will work best for rockcrawling? does marling make one? TG logs are weak!!!

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'd reccomend at least an 8" hardwood (yeah yeah, shut up  :stopit: ) like oak or a nice chunk of Hickory.
"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."--Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter
Check out All-Pro's latest log bumpers; I think Scotty at Addicted Off-Road is working on some CAD-CAM log bumpers for the summer... machined from the best wood in Colorado!!!  :disturbed:

>>Lumberjack Dan