Author Topic: Lifting an '06 Raptor Key Performance Tripple Axle Toy Hauler  (Read 6779 times)

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
This is my bosses trailer.  I landscape for him but often I do odds and ends for him at his shop shuch as install air bags on his F-350, swap tracks and shocks on his race sleds (Turbo M-8, and M1000), maintain machinery and now lift his huge trailer with his step dad that if you asked me is 80 years old and crawls under trucks without a creeper with less thought put to it than I do.

We also added a hitch on the rear and some big casters in case of bottoming out.  The purpose of the lift is to prevent the rear from bottoming out.  We started by marking the location of all the spring hangers.  Then we cut off the spring hangers from the frame with a torch and grinder.  We cut all brake lines and any other lines that would be streached or in our way.  Then we put 2 4"x2" square metal tubing  with 2 2"x2" cross braces in between the frame and the spring hangers and welded it to the frame and then we welded the spring hangers back on.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
More Pics

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
After getting all the brake lines re wired and putting everything back together my boss headed to Idaho from utah.  On the way back from utah he got 3 flats.  Uppon arrival we realised that one axle was tweaked 1/8" and it was also bent affecting camber.  After fixing that problem my boss also realised that the trailer company now puts E rated tires on their current trailers of the same size so he upped the tires from D to E and has had no futher problems.

Here is the damage done from tires blowing.  I also got the pleasure of fixing the wiring and gas lines in the wheel well that got damaged.  That was fun.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Nice job.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Hows she Crawl?  :gap:

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
lifting a trailer is awsome. :thumbs:
i love oregon wheelin.

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
i see you reinforced the bottom of the I beam with some 1x1 tube, did you put braces across parallel to the axles between those 2 x 4 pieces??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
i see you reinforced the bottom of the I beam with some 1x1 tube, did you put braces across parallel to the axles between those 2 x 4 pieces??

Actually the 1x1's were there stock, and yes we put some square tubing parallel accross to prevent /\ movements