Author Topic: Nuckle Rebuild Question  (Read 5679 times)

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
Re: Nuckle Rebuild Question
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2009, 08:44:32 AM »
yea  that is what happened,  knuckle kit and wheel bearing kit :yesnod:

i hope you didnt get them from Trail gear :stopit:

you mean trail queer???

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #31 on: Oct 16, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
you mean trail queer???
i was trying to be nice :cheese:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
ya I am not a big fan of some of trail gears products (some are cheap crap)... however I have to say they have by far the best customer service and fastest delivery times in the industry... I can order parts from trail-gear and they are at my door in 2 days every time! and they always have everything in stock which is a HUGE plus in this industry! I can not say the same about marlin or all pro.... all pro has been pretty good with getting me things in a reasonable time frame but marlin always seems to be out of whatever it is i need and it usually takes much longer for things to get here from marlin....I also like the fact that trail gear will ship on MY UPS account and marlin will not!
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

Halladay [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
ya I am not a big fan of some of trail gears products (some are cheap crap)... however I have to say they have by far the best customer service and fastest delivery times in the industry... I can order parts from trail-gear and they are at my door in 2 days every time! and they always have everything in stock which is a HUGE plus in this industry! I can not say the same about marlin or all pro.... all pro has been pretty good with getting me things in a reasonable time frame but marlin always seems to be out of whatever it is i need and it usually takes much longer for things to get here from marlin....I also like the fact that trail gear will ship on MY UPS account and marlin will not!

AGREE!!! :beerchug:im just not a fan of some of there products... i will never buy there knuckle rebuilt kit again.... But i love the rock rings they make! and not a huge fan of there springs... i use to be untill i saw sooooo many and heard about sooooo many going flat.... but trail gear soes always take them back and send out new ones...

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
kinda tells you how much more Marlins products are appreciated and how under staffed he is

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »
AGREE!!! :beerchug:im just not a fan of some of there products... i will never buy there knuckle rebuilt kit again.... But i love the rock rings they make! and not a huge fan of there springs... i use to be untill i saw sooooo many and heard about sooooo many going flat.... but trail gear soes always take them back and send out new ones...
i think the rock rings are stupid really.... I have never had an issue due to the plates bending I always hit th ebolts that hold them on the knuckle and break them off clean so the rock rings are worthless to me! if they had countersunk bolts then I would change my mind on them! I am building a set with countersunk allen head blots! and yes TG's knuckle rebuild kits are a joke!
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
kinda tells you how much more Marlins products are appreciated and how under staffed he is

yes very true! but I will tell you what that understaffed or whatever it is that causes slow shipping times and out of stock parts really KILLS their business.... I cant count how many people I know that will NEVER buy anything from marlin because of bad past deals they have had with them... I myself have never had an order messed up or anything of that sort but I know lots of people who have....I spend alot of time among my friends defending marlin crawler.... also I would be much more hesitant to buy ANYTHING from marlin unless I am there to pick it up now that they ship Fedex.... fedex is a joke and I refuse to buy stuff from any company that uses them to ship product! I have had VERY bad luck with fedex EVERY time I have had anything shipped with them....

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Dark Knight

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 133
  • Member since Sep '09
  • 88 SR5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
yea  that is what happened,  knuckle kit and wheel bearing kit :yesnod:

i hope you didnt get them from Trail gear :stopit:

Hell no I didnt get the kit from TG. I got it from AP only because Marlin was out of stock....

Corby at Warn Just sent me a set of new locking hubs also!! :woot: one of the Aisin hub clutches was thrashed where the little spring and prowel hook onto the inside of it. I could not find just the hub clutch part number...

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
Hell no I didnt get the kit from TG. I got it from AP only because Marlin was out of stock....

Corby at Warn Just sent me a set of new locking hubs also!! :woot: one of the Aisin hub clutches was thrashed where the little spring and prowel hook onto the inside of it. I could not find just the hub clutch part number...
i wish you had asked because WARN hubs arent as strong as the aisin hubs

Dark Knight

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '09
  • 88 SR5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Oct 16, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
hmmm well do you have an aisin hub that you are looking to get rid of??? I would still like to find the hub clutch so I can fix the Aisins and have an extra set.

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Oct 16, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
I have heard nothing but bad news on warn hubs as well.... however I have been running a set for about 2 years now with no issues and I dont exactly girl thingy foot my rig either... I can think of at least 2 people who have broke asians in the same amount of time I have had my warns.... you just gotta be sure to keep your warns tight...

www.choptechfab.com

CHECK THE BUILD

Dark Knight

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '09
  • 88 SR5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Oct 21, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »
ok will do. got everything installed and the truck is back in business. The retaining caps that go on the end of the axle (WARN Install only) were tricky to get torqued correctly until the little light in my head told me to install one hub completely on one side, lock it, put in 4wd then torque the retaining cap to spec. followed by install the torqued side completely, lock it, put in 4wd to torque and complete the other side.

micahturner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 51
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Oct 21, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »
I have a spare Asin hub I'll sell you.

I have a quick question that I'm sure I'll get lit up for. I was given a TG knuckle rebuild kit when I bought a front Toyota axle. I'd hate to not use it, but I don't want to install garbage on my truck. Is there anything worth using from the kit?

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Oct 21, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
i would hate to use to.  and you didn't buy it then just sell it.  and then save for the marlin kit.  somebody out there will buy and use it. and not even care. :cool:
i love oregon wheelin.

micahturner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 51
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Oct 21, 2009, 04:49:24 PM »
Is it just the seals that suck on the TG kit or is it everything. I might just use it anyway because I'm leaking G/O and don't have the cash to upgrade to Marlin's kit right now. I suppose I could sell all my spare front axle parts and spare t-case to raise the funds.

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
I heard their bearings are  :pokinit: ?
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:28:52 PM »
the bearings are not good,  i'm sure the paper gaskets are fine to use though

if your in a pinch, get the Marlin inner seals at least, if the trunion bearings you have are good  re use them