Author Topic: 93 IFS Curb Crawler  (Read 45351 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: 93 IFS Curb Crawler
« Reply #90 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
That is a pretty nice shade of blue, I'd say stick with black or go with the blue. Despite the fact my 4runner is red its my least favorite color  :hammerhead:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »
I say keep it black, not as common a color as the rest.  Black is also one of the best colors if you want a deep liquid looking shine, only draw back is hard to keep dust and scratch free.

Reading some of the posts, it sounds like you may have opened up the exhaust a little to much.  If you are still looking for some low end torque(even w/5.56's), you may consider going to a turbo muffler instead of the hi-flow magnaflow.  I had the same issue w/the v-6 on my '90(built about as much as you can) and an open muffler wasn't good.  It was great for all out top end(easily hit 70 in 3rd w/o the engine screaming), but low end torque was dismal, my town and trail mpg suffered, about 2-3mpg's.  I run the Raptor 3 stage cheapo on both of my rigs.  They provide good low end torque, have a nice throaty sound and are quiet on the trail unless you get on the throttle.  The only down side is they are made from thin materials, the one on my '90 is almost 6yrs old and is still good, but then again we don't use salt on the roads here in CA.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #92 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
i say blue with black trim :yesnod:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »
 :biggthumpup: :thumbs:super clean truck bro!
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 309
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Jan 24, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
:biggthumpup: :thumbs:super clean truck bro!

thank you!! 

i say blue with black trim :yesnod:
   looks like someone else is partial to BLUE  :yupyup:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:28:31 AM »
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Jan 30, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
 :yesnod:     got it joe!   took 8 hrs<construction>  but we are home and lift is in the bed  :thumbs:
 i'll post up some pics later, i need to get up and walk around a lil  :qtip:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
Here's the lift I went and picked up in the Burgh:   :thumbs:     :psss:  thanks Koup!

Can anybody hook me up with the piece that holds the antenna to my fender?   It's floppin in the breeze and driving me crazy   :crazy:

learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »
Nice looking truck, I'm looking forward to the build

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #100 on: Feb 01, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »
duck tape will fix that brain
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 969
  • Member since Jan '08
  • The bug is deep in this one
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
« Reply #101 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »
i havent had issues with my idler or pitman  arm and im cranked and looking at 7.5" wheel travel in the front( i know not that muck but stock was like 5") and i rail the living S#*T out of it lol

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #102 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »
humm glad U said something  i never real that about that GJT

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
 :eye: :eye:
i love oregon wheelin.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
Can anybody hook me up with the piece that holds the antenna to my fender?   It's floppin in the breeze and driving me crazy   :crazy:

Is it just wobbling around(little movement) or flopping around (significant movement)?
If flopping around it is likely the plastic mast section below the fender is broken, not uncommon.  The lower section bolts to the iner fender,(Pic is of mast section behind the fender)

and will often break near the top of the fender.

If yours is broken, you can either buy a new antenna or come up with a fix like I did.  I use about a 4-5" section of 1/2" hot water PVC pipe, w/about a 1/4" section removed, which basically acts as a splint. 

You could glue it on if you wanted to, but no need to.  I have used this fix on several antenna's(about 10), and it works w/o issue. 
This pic is of a broken one installed with the PVC splint, you can see the PVC pipe at the top of the pic.

'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

cali4runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -45
  • Male Posts: 124
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »
sick truck

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
When ya going to get that lift put on?

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Feb 13, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
When ya going to get that lift put on?
     well........ i have been having this Lil issue where my truck wants to blow all the coolant out into reservoir then out on the ground.   its wonderful  :shocking:  so i had to just walk away from the truck for a little while before i get pissed and blow it up! ( if i did not already ). also  we have a major life limiting illness in the family  (my wife's step mother) and its gonna be the end real soon.   so,  just not feeling it lately and my mind is not in the right place i guess to be wrenchin.

However there is a plan
THE MID SPRING PLAN MAN

1) take care of whats wrong with the funkin engine  < this could be a 5 dollar 5min fix or OUCH! >
2) fix the hole in the frame
3)replace bushings, throw the lift in and get the 4.56s in
4) paint, paint, paint .  < alll parts frame maybe the truck>
5)install sr5 gauge cluster,CB and CD player
those are the major things i want to get done in the next 3or 4 months. I'm sure there will be more parts and new hurdles on the way. all of this is subject to change. time and money are someting i have very little of
 :down:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
Gotcha, sounds like a good to do list.

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Feb 25, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
 :thumbdown:   well its lookin like its gonna be new motor time... :shakehead: :tantrum: my truck has been over heating lately and i think i might have a crack in the head.. the symptoms are as follows  over heats,fills the system with air,pushes all coolant to over flow bottle and then out the hose in the bottle on to the ground, top hose very hot bottom hose cool, also the motor has a high to low rev.  i have read that this is the coolant sensor not being surrounded with coolant   so i have replaced just about everything.. water pump, radiator,clutch fan is now an e-fan t-stat replaced 2 times once with napa 190*  newest t-stat factory toyota the sweet one, compression test was 170 psi #1-3, #4 was 150 psi i was told to replace all the hoses and i have bought a few but i don't think that's gonna be the fix.. :dunno: any suggestions

new motor from jasper engines $2002 <gotta use my timing chain cover and oil pan, must have my engine pulled and ready to go upon delivery of new motor>

many different engines on e-bay ranging from 1500 to 3000 <core required>

enginebldr complete rebuild  with street RV head and 268 cam steel rail t-chain all the goodies <somewhere around 800 but i have to find some one to put it all together>

I guess what i am saying is what would you do? or have you done? i know i'm not the only person to think about running a jasper engine or one from the net, i mean they sell them so some one is running one. i don't like the idea for giving up that kinda cash and not having my motor as a spare. i don't have the cash to call up LCE and dump 5k on a motor i really don't have the 2k for the others. maybe buy used head have it checked and jam it on and give er hell. :dunno:   all i do know is i need my truck up and running. i would like to keep this truck for awhile even though it needs a ton of fixing AKA motor issues  a hole in the frame, stupid g58 and chain drive t case.
 i have to many new parts to give up on the ole girl  :cool:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
 :inthedark:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
pa if you need a engine put together i can do thatfor ya real cheap or even for nothin if you got some parts to trade or i have an 22r with around 100k since rebuild to sell for like 500 it could come with all the efi :pokinit: for 600 let me kno
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
heads off and at the machine shop. found two leaks  :sick:   the shop is gonna fix it and send er back hopefully we can slap it all back together and she will be fresh as a daisy  :crossed:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
blown hg :yupyup:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
yep head gasket for sure  :thumbdown:    update.. the truck is up and running  :crossed: 
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
:woohoo: now bring it over so i can drive it back and forth to work so you can work on mine :)

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
brian, jan...u still got the 5:29's layn around? im in need
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
well here we go again.  my truck is F'D. went out friday sep 17th backed the truck outta the garage started down the drive way and it stalled and about threw me through the windshield. after a little looking around we decided that it might be the fuel pump. today sept 20th we dropped the tank changed the fuel pump. did not help!  symptoms are as follows:  the truck turns over, distributer spins, cam is still good, valves are working, pistons are free and moving up and down.  I HAVE NO NONE ZIP ZILCH NADA compression on all 4 cylinders. we also tried putting a socket on the crank shaft nut with all the plugs out and it spins freely, but it does hit a rough spot < had all 4 plugs out when doing this >... even went as far as putting a baloon rigged up on a hollow copper tube that was threaded to fit in the plug hole and it did not even blow up the ballon    :dunno:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
:yikes:  :willynilly:   no compression at all that not possible U shoul have somthing U need a gauge  or atleast stick your finger in the hole

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
we used 2 differnt gauges. then the balloon trick
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler