Author Topic: The Best Wrong Number Message  (Read 1559 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,059
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
The Best Wrong Number Message
« on: Jul 29, 2008, 09:23:17 PM »
Today when I got home from work I had a message on the phone of someone singing happy birthday to someone else.  I have no idea who any of them were, but I'm positive he wasn't a professional singer.

:haha:

I thought about checking the caller ID and calling back, but the poor guy doesn't need to know he embarrassed himself.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: The Best Wrong Number Message
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
 :cheese: :rofl2:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:35:05 PM »
but the poor guy doesn't need to know he embarrassed himself.

Maybe not...but, think of the joy it will bring you to tell him!

Do it for the children!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
I thought about checking the caller ID and calling back, but the poor guy doesn't need to know he embarrassed himself.

:haha:  yes he does! 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2008, 06:16:41 AM »
Besides, whoever that message was intended for will think he forgot their birthday, you'd be doing him a favor by telling him.
It's the right thing to do.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »
I get wrong messages on my cell all the time.  Especially, the area code difference is right beside a town.  I get calls for a paving company.  And it can be very frustrating, to very funny.  I even got asked out once too!  She sounded hot and didn't believe that I was married.  Had a guy who wanted to take the wife and I out to dinner, to compensate for calling the wrong number.  And this was while he was on his way to the hospital, because got his finger cut off in some machine.   :yikes:  That story is worth telling around a campfire funny!  :rofl2:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »
Today when I got home from work I had a message on the phone of someone singing happy birthday to someone else.  I have no idea who any of them were, but I'm positive he wasn't a professional singer.

Thats awesome.  You'd think that your answering machine message would've given them an idea that it was the wrong number.  I always love when people leave messages on my phone in Spanish.  Common my message is in English I don't speak Spanish

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »
Thats awesome.  You'd think that your answering machine message would've given them an idea that it was the wrong number. 

Surprisingly, people can be pretty dumb!  I ALWAYS answer the phone at work by saying either thanks for calling *** - or - boat shop, NATHAN speaking, how can I help you?  9 times out of 10 the response is either "douglas?" or "mike?" - noooooooo, this is NATHAN:shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2008, 05:53:22 AM »
Thats awesome.  You'd think that your answering machine message would've given them an idea that it was the wrong number.  I always love when people leave messages on my phone in Spanish.  Common my message is in English I don't speak Spanish

That makes me soooo mad!  Maybe its because i live in CA and dont speak spanish, but i hate it when they call you back once a day or more.  Its like get a clue, you have the wrong number!  i need to get on google and translate that phrase into spanish and pin it by my phone.  "I dont speak spanish, you have the wrong number.  Dont call back."  That should get the message across...
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig