Author Topic: Who have you met in person?  (Read 6340 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Who have you met in person?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 07, 2008, 08:26:45 AM »
Exactly Mini, leave 'em alone. Sure acknowledge him but let him be with his family. :thumbs:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

blackdiamond [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jul 07, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »
Tonight at the FFC and BLINGIN wedding I had the PLEASURE and HONOR of meeting MARLIN and his family and I have to tell you I'm 41 years old and he is the nicest man I have ever had the horor of talking to we spent at least an hour or more just talking about my job and offroading it was truly my pleasure and honor to have meet him and his lovely wife Cristine and  :headscratch: um   :screwy: who was the other guy there  :dunno: .... I think his name was "LIL MIKIE"   :headscratch: :dunno: whatever.... he had a very nice wife though, oh yea WERMY was in da house too with his lovely girlfriend and she was a blast.

So... it was your "horor" to meet Marlin and BigMike is married?  :dunno:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #32 on: Jul 07, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
So... it was your "horor" to meet Marlin and BigMike is married?  :dunno:

it was late when i did that and i was tired but thanks for pointing it out and its all better now and umm.....

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »
eric clapton and bb king at the same time

I thought I liked you Dan!!   :mad:  I'm a EC freak!

I've met, Marlin, Christine, Bigmike, and various guys from the shop.  And other Marlin members.  Cliff Robinson (ex Blazer) now Pheonix Sun I believe.  I put a white spoke wheel on his Hummer!  (it was all we had)  Lou Gramm from Foreigner, Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee of Motley Crue.  And General Chuck Yeager, who was a very cool guy! 

My wife still talks about how the coolest guy she ever met was Marlin!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »
Sinbad (dude is huge and very pale!), miguel duhamel, eric bostrom, jack elam (sp), who knows who else :dunno:  I love it when people get all flustered around celebs or famous people  :haha:  They're just people like everybody else!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

4XFlyin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 541
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
Ozzy Osbourne in a small dressing room. George Hamilton, Ben Stein, The Wayans bros., Andy richard, Cheryl Crow, Judge Joe Brown, The dice man, Smokey Robinson, Bernie (weekend at Bernies), Careem Abdul Jabar, Kobe and Sugar Ray Leonard in my office, Rachel Welch, Vince Neil, Debra Messing, Adam Corrola, Melanie Griffith, Hally Barrie, Britney Spears, George Costanza, Ed McMan, Jessica Jamason, Paul Stanley, Flea, Eddie Van Halen, Chris Rock, David Spade, Bo Bridges, Rene Russo, Dennis Farina, Ed Lauter, Rhea Perlman,  Kirsty Alley.

Those are the ones I can remember.
82 1st Gen with 4.3L vortec and 4l60e. Linked front and rear

My build up. Getting linked
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50700.msg711361#msg711361

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »
Marlin, Blake Shelton, Roscoe Brown (P51 pilot during WWII, one of the tuskegee airmen :usa: )  George Bush Sr.  Emmitt Smith, George Brett.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2008, 05:31:25 AM »
Marlin, Henry Rollins, Charlie 2na and Cut Chemist of Jurassic 5, all of 311, Mike Ness, the Toadies and many other band members.
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

blackdiamond [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here...please don't throw stones.  :lipsrsealed:

I have never met Marlin, but am certain that he's ever bit the guy everyone describes and I hope to meet him in person at some point, but does everyone really need to keep planting kisses on his hind end in every post?  It's getting embarrassing...

:psss: I spoke with him on the phone a long time ago and also met his daughter once before I knew the connection or even who Marlin was.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »

You know that saying............."They all look alike to me!"

:cheese:

:rofl:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here...please don't throw stones.  :lipsrsealed:

I have never met Marlin, but am certain that he's ever bit the guy everyone describes and I hope to meet him in person at some point, but does everyone really need to keep planting kisses on his hind end in every post?  It's getting embarrassing...

:psss: I spoke with him on the phone a long time ago and also met his daughter once before I knew the connection or even who Marlin was.

:yesnod:  yes we do! he is worth ever bit of it!  marlin >  :smooch: <the marliners
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: