Author Topic: Obama video  (Read 12502 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Obama video
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
:headshake:  i saw this on TTORA  and i have to say its very disturbing  that  its  possible  this guy might have a chance  :headshake:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:39:08 AM by 79coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Obama video
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »
I hope he doesnt
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »
I am not an Obama supporter but that video is totally ridiculous.

Obama is not a muslim and to suggest such is outrageous. That is why he lost by such a great margin in West Virginia.

Ignorance.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:13:21 PM »
 Check out the facts www.politifact.com
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

Obama is not a muslim and to suggest such is outrageous. That is why he lost by such a great margin in West Virginia.

Ignorance.

If you have to resort to lies to win, if you can't defeat or convert your opponent...on the strength or your argument...the strength of your ideas, you don't deserve to win.

Politics is rife with lies and I abhor liars.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
Personally, I am looking forward to seeing Hillary go down in flames.

:popcorn:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:33:35 PM »
If you have to resort to lies to win, if you can't defeat or convert your opponent...on the strength or your argument...the strength of your ideas, you don't deserve to win.

Politics is rife with lies and I abhor liars.

We all know politics is rife with lies, but this sort of total distortion of anything close to the truth pisses me off more than anything else.
That video twists facts into a whole new dimension. It's so far from fact that we don't even live on the same dimensional plane.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »
We all know politics is rife with lies, but this sort of total distortion of anything close to the truth pisses me off more than anything else.
That video twists facts into a whole new dimension. It's so far from fact that we don't even live on the same dimensional plane.
that  sounds like a Obama 08  campaign slogan

Check out the facts www.politifact.com
:rofl:   you have naughty dreams about Ted Kennedy  dont you :rofl2:

Obama is not a muslim and to suggest such is outrageous.

um  yea  whatever,   if  i was  trying to become the president of the USA  and my name  was  Barrack hussien Obama  the first thing i would do  would  go get a picture of me in a  church of christ  :shake:

and what about  that he doesnt  hold his hand over his heart for the National anthem ??   is his arm broke ??

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 08:27:15 PM by 79coyotefrg »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »
Well then what about this one?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Or these?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/281/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/169/

Or to sum up the whole "hand over heart" :blah:

The photo has also spawned a debate about whether Obama’s conduct was proper for the national anthem.

Conservative bloggers have pointed out that the federal law for “patriotic and national observances” says that during the Star-Spangled Banner, “all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.”

Experts on the national anthem say the law seems a bit out of date, given its reference to a man’s “headdress.” Yet it’s still cited in several military manuals found on the Web.

Modern custom does not require a hand over the heart, said Anne Garside, director of communication for the Maryland Historical Society, home of the original manuscript of the Star-Spangled Banner. “I think the bottom line is that you show respect with your demeanor,” she said. “Whether you put your hand over your heart, hold your hat at shoulder level or waist level, is really in this day and age irrelevant.”

She pointed out that “the tune of the Star-Spangled Banner was originally a drinking song. If they can put the words to the tune of a rousing drinking song, to quibble over whether you put your hand over your heart is really ridiculous.”

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »

um  yea  whatever,   if  i was  trying to become the president of the USA  and my name  was  Barrack hussien Obama  the first thing i would do  would  go get a picture of me in a  church of christ  :shake:

um yeah whatever! It's not 'a picture'
Barack (one R) Obama been going to a christian church for over twenty years!

And even if he was going to 'suddenly' associate himself with a christian church in his run for presidency for the image it would give him, one would think he would have chosen a church just a tad less radical than Trinity United Church of Christ and being associated with pastor Jeremiah A. Wright!

:shake:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jan/11/attack-e-mail-slams-obama-religion-race/

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
:shake: he's got a last name eerily similar to the first name of a known terrorist, a middle name that sounds very middle eastern, and a weird first name.
If he were actually a muslim trying to infiltrate Americas highest office for his devious muslim purposes don't you think it would have been much easier for him if he just changed his name?

:shake:

Like I said, I am not an Obama supporter and I am even less so a Hillary supporter.
but all these accusations are just a bunch of :blah: in regard to Obama, and nothing but ignorance and bigotry.

Just the facts, ma'am

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:17:48 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 10:11:15 AM »

:rofl:   you have naughty dreams about Ted Kennedy  dont you :rofl2:

What does wanting to know the FACTS about the politicians and all the UNFOUNDED RUMORS going around have to do with Ted Kennedy?

I am sick of all the stupid "FORWARD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW' emails.
All the blog rumors.
All the talking heads.
All the politicians crap!

I want facts and this website does all it can to get to the bottom line. I see nothing at all wrong with that and everything right about it.

Like Clinton's former pastor convicted of child molestation and why has the news media not focused on this?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/480/

Yeah, it was Clintons pastor...Clinton, NY! :rofl:

A month ago, the editors of the Utica (N.Y.) Observer-Dispatch saw a sudden spike in Web readership for stories about the Rev. William Procanick, pastor of a local church who had been convicted of sexually abusing a child.

A story about Procanick was the upstate New York newspaper's No. 1 story in April, with 10 times the readership of the second-highest story. The paper's editors wouldn't expect such a story to generate so much interest, but Procanick's church was in a little-known town with a well-known name: Clinton.

In headlines and stories, Procanick was identified simply as "Clinton pastor."

Where is the Mammoth?

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
So if that law is out of date should we also get rid of other seemingly out of date ideas and ideals like the constitution as a whole? 

For the most part every single thing in that video can be proven as a fact.  Was it spun to make him look bad yup.  Did it really need to be spun to do that, nope.  He's the pope of hope and thats about it.  he stands for nothing, if he was any more vague he'd be invisible.  It really pains me to agree with John Edwards but if you vote present rather than taking a side on important issues so as to not anger anyone in your constituency your a coward and a generic ignorant politician.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »

I have always said " 'he wants change' ...I have a jar full in my closet. "
I don't think he is the great white hope but I care about Hillary less.

But then I'm not voting for either of them anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

But in regard to this whole 'voting present' thing... politifact has something to say about that too!  LOL

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/353/

"Everyone I've spoken to who’s familiar with this, including lobbyists and people who are engaged in opposition research, say the number of times he voted present on a proportional basis was probably a little less than average," said Christopher Mooney, a political scientist at the University of Illinois at Springfield."

The record is clear that Obama did vote "present" more than 100 times (we couldn't confirm the 129 figure because records for one session of the state senate during his tenure aren't available electronically). That's out of more than 4,000 votes cast. On many of those votes, Obama was joined by many in his party, making it clear that he was, as he claims, casting votes as part of a broader legislative strategy.

But there are several other instances in which he is one of only a few senators to vote "present," and at least eight where he was the only senator to vote "present." In those cases, it's hard to see the party's fingerprints on his position, and it's easier to see political expedience. Ultimately, the record is mixed, leaving us little room for more than Half True.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
So if that law is out of date should we also get rid of other seemingly out of date ideas and ideals like the constitution as a whole? 

I'm not saying Obama was right in not putting his hand over his heart, as we all do for whatever reason, I just think way too big a deal was being made over it.
but then again I didn't even know it was a law till I read that just a few minutes ago! I just thought it was something we do.

But of course making big deals out of nothing and distorting the truth is typical of any politcal race anyway.

Where is the Mammoth?

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 10:38:32 AM »
And that is supposed to make me feel better about him running for president?  Its a generic left wing deal these days.  they'll do anything for political expediency rather than risk someone not liking their stances.... 

Obama and his nut job America hating wife have no place in power.  They are no Clinton machine but they will surely try to be....   Honestly I don't think Obama will win, the black "leaders" will lose one their biggest ans strongest talking points once he's in office.  They won't be able to say that America is such a racist country after all.. Although, I think they will pregnant dog about anything and everything anyway..  I'm sooo sorry I'm white, its all my fault :shake:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »

I have always said " 'he wants change' ...I have a jar full in my closet. "
I don't think he is the great white hope but I care about Hillary less.

But then I'm not voting for either of them anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

But in regard to this whole 'voting present' thing... politifact has something to say about that too!  LOL

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/353/

"Everyone I've spoken to who’s familiar with this, including lobbyists and people who are engaged in opposition research, say the number of times he voted present on a proportional basis was probably a little less than average," said Christopher Mooney, a political scientist at the University of Illinois at Springfield."[/b]
WOW  they found some liberal from Obama's home state to say he was "average"  :shake:

The record is clear that Obama did vote "present" more than 100 times (we couldn't confirm the 129 figure because records for one session of the state senate during his tenure aren't available electronically). That's out of more than 4,000 votes cast. On many of those votes, Obama was joined by many in his party, making it clear that he was, as he claims, casting votes as part of a broader legislative strategy.

But there are several other instances in which he is one of only a few senators to vote "present," and at least eight where he was the only senator to vote "present." In those cases, it's hard to see the party's fingerprints on his position, and it's easier to see political expedience. Ultimately, the record is mixed, leaving us little room for more than Half True.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »

I'm not saying Obama was right in not putting his hand over his heart, as we all do for whatever reason, I just think way too big a deal was being made over it.
but then again I didn't even know it was a law till I read that just a few minutes ago! I just thought it was something we do.

But of course making big deals out of nothing and distorting the truth is typical of any politcal race anyway.
um "whatever reason"   I  hold my hand over my heart out of respect  for every American soldier thats ever  given of himself,  and the fact im proud  to be an American 

and God forbid we forget

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:58:26 AM by 79coyotefrg »

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »
Oh no Glen you can't show those images, they will only stir up hatred and dissent in Americans!!

I have a special place in my heart for those that are Pro PC.....  America hating pukes they all are... 

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
took me  3 years to get over the sinus infection i got  on the  day after, jet fuel, dust,rat :pokinit: and burning bodies

i'll NEVER forget

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
None of us will ever forget 9/11 and some of us were closer to it (like you) then others (my step-brother worked across the street from the WTC and we didn't know where he was for a long time, he was safe fortunately, and while I was still affected by it personally I wasn't there so it's a lot closer to you) but what does 9/11 have to do with Obama specifically (which is what this thread is about) ?
I don't trust him to keep our country safe any more than I trust Hillary.

And if all this is such big issues against Obama why does he have the bulk of the super delegates behind him, not to mention John Edwards came out recently to back him as well?

And that is supposed to make me feel better about him running for president?  Its a generic left wing deal these days.  they'll do anything for political expediency rather than risk someone not liking their stances.... 

Obama and his nut job America hating wife have no place in power.  They are no Clinton machine but they will surely try to be....   Honestly I don't think Obama will win, the black "leaders" will lose one their biggest ans strongest talking points once he's in office.  They won't be able to say that America is such a racist country after all.. Although, I think they will pregnant dog about anything and everything anyway..  I'm sooo sorry I'm white, its all my fault :shake:

I agree totally, but unless something changes drastically in his race I think he is going to win the primary, but will not win the general election.
And not that I am a McCain supporter either but I'd rather see hm in office than either of them.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just putting facts out there.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »
WOW  they found some liberal from Obama's home state to say he was "average"  :shake:

I can pick and choose what I want to highlight too.
That's the typical political strategy. Pick the parts that sound bad and leave the rest for others to figure out.

Where is the Mammoth?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »
Directly from the U.S. Code:
(http://uscode.house.gov/lawrevisioncounsel.shtml)

Part A - Observances and Ceremonies

CHAPTER 3 - NATIONAL ANTHEM, MOTTO, FLORAL EMBLEM1A\1\ MARCH, AND

TREE                              

-HEAD-

Sec. 301. National anthem

-STATUTE-

(a) Designation. - The composition consisting of the words and

music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing. - During a rendition of the national

anthem -

(1) when the flag is displayed -

(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at

attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;

(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with

their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder,

the hand being over the heart; and

(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at

the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until

the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face

toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the

flag were displayed.

I can just about understand your typical civilian not realizing this and/or complying, but I would certainly hope that a person aspiring to be the President of the United States of America would be well aware and would respect it.  I don't care what his name is or what shade his skin is or any of that, I would be equally appalled to see this out of any of the candidates.

Does he have some sort of explanation for it?  Was he caught too soon or something?  I'm all about giving people the benefit of the doubt but if his only explanation is that's just what he prefers to do......sorry, that's not acceptable.

:usa:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
i agree Jan,  its NOT acceptable  AT ALL

Diane,  i dont want you to think i'm bigoted  because  im not,  the truth is  he DOES  have a muslim name, he DOES  think of Wright as a mentor (might as well be a blackpanther)

he DOESNT  hold his hand over his heart

and refuses to wear the flag pin,  to me  thats as much of a slap in the face to the American soldiers  as  Jane Fonda  spitting in the face of POW's in Hanoi

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 12:53:33 PM »
Heres some I found in regard to the flag pin.
(Personally another reason for me to dislike him myself.)

The Obama campaign passes along that he stopped wearing the pin years ago. Here’s the full context of what Obama said to the reporter:

QUESTION: "One last quick question, and this is just kind of a lighter note, you don't have an American flag pin on, is this a fashion statement? Those have been on politicians since September 12, 2001?"

OBAMA: "You know, the truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest, instead I'm gonna try to tell the American people what I believe what will make this country great and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
And in regard to the National Anthem

(the email going around originally was that he did not put his hand over his heart durning the Pledge of Alligence)

Obama said the e-mail (citing it was during the Pledge) was false and that the picture was taken during the anthem.

“My grandfather taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance when I was 2,” Obama said at campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. “During the Pledge of Allegiance you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem you sing.”

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
What he was named was not his choice.That was between his American mother and Kenyan father, last I loooked Kenya was not a muslim country.

"Born to a Kenyan father and a White American mother, he spent most of his childhood and adolescent years in Honolulu, Hawaii. At age six, he moved to Jakarta, where he lived with his mother and Indonesian stepfather for four years. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, Obama worked as a community organizer, university lecturer, and lawyer before serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004."

And even if he did come from a muslim background what difference does his name make?
If my name was Diane Benito Fioretti would that make me a facist because I come from an Italian heritage?
We all come from somewhere. I have Italian heritage, but I am not Italian, I am American.

Being a muslim does not make anyone unamerican and especially not a potential terrorist (in fact a muslim co-worker, Hazem, is taken his oath of citizenship next week. He's the most loyal American I know and he's not even an citizen yet). Judging someone on their heritage is no more right then judging someone on the color of their skin or their sex.

And yes, he did think of Rev. Wright as a mentor which I also agree is wrong.
And no, I don't want Obama as a president but not for reasons as superficial as his name or even as apparently inappropriate as not putting his hand over his heart or not wearing a flag pin.

I don't agree with him on many much more important issues.

But I suppose you could say not wearing the pin was a slap in the face of the soldiers but it was because he did not agree with going to Iraq, and that talking a stance against it was was unamerican.

I don't believe we will have any national security with either him or Hillary in office.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:18:50 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »
Damn liberals, trying to ruin this country. That is all I have to say on this subject.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Damn liberals, trying to ruin this country. That is all I have to say on this subject.

:werd:

THAT I wholeheartedly agree with.

Where is the Mammoth?