Author Topic: Obama video  (Read 12553 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Obama video
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 01:20:49 PM »
And you know, Obama's not wearing of the flag pin can actually be seen as him not being PC when it was PC to wave your flag or be seen as unamerican.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
He should wear a pin, he should put his hand over his heart, and he should not become president

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »
He should wear a pin, he should put his hand over his heart, and he should not become president

I agree :yesnod:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »
She pointed out that “the tune of the Star-Spangled Banner was originally a drinking song. If they can put the words to the tune of a rousing drinking song, to quibble over whether you put your hand over your heart is really ridiculous.”

a drinking song??????
obviously someone has no clue about the history of the american anthem or its comming to be the national anthem!

just another liberal trying to make light of the american ideal, oh well that 200 year old piece of parchment doesnt mean anything anymore just because it goes against everything that we democrats believe in!
my grandfather and his grandfather and his grandfather are all rolling in thier graves!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
a drinking song??????
obviously someone has no clue about the history of the american anthem or its comming to be the national anthem!

just another liberal trying to make light of the american ideal, oh well that 200 year old piece of parchment doesnt mean anything anymore just because it goes against everything that we democrats believe in!
my grandfather and his grandfather and his grandfather are all rolling in thier graves!

It is true. It wasn't originally supposed to be sung...it was a poem. This is old news.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

In case people have problem with wikipedia...http://www.gbjann.com/anthem/history.htm
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 02:28:58 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
Well how's about that :inthedark:

The poem was set to the tune of a popular British drinking song, written by John Stafford Smith for the Anacreontic Society, a London social club. "The Anacreontic Song" (or "To Anacreon in Heaven"), set to various lyrics, was already popular in the United States.

:rofl:

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
Here is a very clear description of how to conduct yourself http://usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

The instructions regarding conduct during the playing of the national anthem:

"The Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem

The pledge of allegiance should be rendered by standing at attention, facing the flag, and saluting.
When the national anthem is played or sung, citizens should stand at attention and salute at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the music. "

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
Well how's about that :inthedark:

The poem was set to the tune of a popular British drinking song, written by John Stafford Smith for the Anacreontic Society, a London social club. "The Anacreontic Song" (or "To Anacreon in Heaven"), set to various lyrics, was already popular in the United States.

:rofl:

You seriously didn't know that?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »
and Glen... BTW.. I know you are not a bigot and didn't mean to insinuate that you are.

If anything I am, one of the main reasons I can't stand Hillary and want to see her crash and burn, besides her being a Clinton is because she is a woman.
Powerful women worry me.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
You seriously didn't know that?

No! I never even thought about it. I know the song was originally a poem, but I didn't know about the drinking song.
Seems very appropriate.

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
No! I never even thought about it. I know the song was originally a poem, but I didn't know about the drinking song.
Seems very appropriate.

What strikes me as odd...it's a really hard song to sing well, I can't imagine how hard it is for a bunch of drunks to sing and have any fun while doing so.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
What strikes me as odd...it's a really hard song to sing well, I can't imagine how hard it is for a bunch of drunks to sing and have any fun while doing so.

Are you kidding, that would be the most fun, it's so hard to sing the really high parts would be a great laugh.
But also, you have to keep in mind... the brits wrote it. LOL

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 03:19:06 PM »
But also, Obama apparently did the whole 'no flag pin' thing because he was against the Iraq war, when everyone, including the Clintons, supported it.

Hence his reason for it was the "I don't have to wave a flag to prove I'm patriotic" stance like so many that felt that way did.

And now that everyone seems to agree that going to Iraq was a bad idea ergo the stance that Obama took was, in peoples eyes now, the right stance.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »
I am not one of them, but I understand what he did and why and I have to respect that despite what was politically correct he did what he thought as right.
The reason people liked Bush was cause he stuck to his guns despite popular opinion, right or wrong.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »
Are you kidding, that would be the most fun, it's so hard to sing the really high parts would be a great laugh.
But also, you have to keep in mind... the brits wrote it. LOL
the brits wrote the "drinking song"  not the  American National anthem,   they  used the lyrics of the british drinking song, reworded  to reflect  the  national anthem

one question,  if  Hillary  and  Obama  were on the same plane and it crashed  who would be saved??

this country :usa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »
Glen truer words have never been spoken....  :cool:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »
:yupyup:

I think we can all get on board with that one.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »
Those two are the pick of the litter. Does that not boggle your mind?

I predict this is a year history does not repeat itself and a republican gets in office after an 8 year term.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:05:24 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 04:07:21 PM »

It just speaks for the state of democratic party these days.  Not to say the Republicans are the best thing going by any stretch of the imagination.. they are all a bunch of cowards that are too willing to go along with the Marxist's in charge of the Dem party....

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »
I hope neither party gets it.....  Neither deserves to be allowed back in charge of this country until they can prove themselves fit for duty. 

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 04:33:25 PM »
i want John Wayne  for president
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

I predict this is a year history does not repeat itself and a republican gets in office after an 8 year term.

I wouldn't walk across the street to pee on any of the big 3 candidates. I so sick of holding my nose to vote Republican. I want someone I can get wood over, someone with an actual plan to save this nation. I don't think I'll be able to vote for McCain...especially if he picks Huckabee for his veep. About the only thing I can hope for is that McCain picks a good conservative then dies.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
i want John Wayne  for president

There's not much to him nowadays...I want a Renaldus Magnus rebirth.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
The one thing that keeps eating at the back of my mind is that Romney didn't stop his campaign, he suspended it.....  :greengrin:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »
The one thing that keeps eating at the back of my mind is that Romney didn't stop his campaign, he suspended it.....  :greengrin:

One thing that really chaps my ass is the Republicans had so many of their primaries in a winner takes all format. I cast my vote, but my candidate didn't get any delegates.

I just really, really, really hate McCain.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »
I'm with ya there..  I agree with him whole heartedly on some things but I am so against him on so many it makes me sick to think he has a chance.  He is by far the lesser of the 3 evils but thats only because the other 2 are sofawking evil Satan is scared of them...  :scared:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »
I'm with ya there..  I agree with him whole heartedly on some things but I am so against him on so many it makes me sick to think he has a chance.  He is by far the lesser of the 3 evils but thats only because the other 2 are sofawking evil Satan is scared of them...  :scared:

I don't think there are more than 3 or 4 issues where the 3 differ.

I don't think any of them are going to, cold turkey, pull out of Iraq...Nobody wants to have a lose on their watch.

Everyone says McCain will appoint strict constructionist justices to the Supreme Court...most of the oldies are liberal pukes anyway, so if comrades Clinton or Obama appoint liberals...odds are the split will stay the same.

McCain is just as much an open borders, global warming freak as the other two...I might rather have the Democrat in office while the ship sinks.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »
None of them will be getting my vote anyway...  I'm voting for Romney or Thompson as a write in.... 

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 05:19:53 PM »
Obama is saying that pulling the troops out of Iraq is the first thing he is going to do.
He didn't want to go in in the first place and doesn't want them there.
You think he will not go cold turkey?

And I agree with you on McCain, I hate him on all counts. Maybe it would be better to have a dem in office so they can't blame the problems on republicans again.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »
None of them will be getting my vote anyway...  I'm voting for Romney or Thompson as a write in.... 

I liked Thompson. Can we write him in?

Where is the Mammoth?