26 (86.7%)
nope, sure wouldn't
0 (0%)
Video game's rot your brain
2 (6.7%)
There is one
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Is there a rock crawling Video game out.... if not, would you buy it???  (Read 4171 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I was thinking earlier, it would be too cool if there was a Rock Crawling video game out there..... And then it hit me, why not as the Marlinites????

Does anyone know of one, anywhere??? Would you buy a RC video game if there was one???? I was thinking, if they were to make one, how about putting some competition RC in there, and then also be able to do free hand wheeling to gain money and point's to spend on modification's for your truck....

Anyways, tell me what you think..

military_stang
:respect:

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
Sound fun, I'd get it if I had a gameing system.

b-radhutch

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '09
  • my first yota
    • View Profile
they should do this i mean today teens like me like video games and they should make one for the wii were u have to weld and cut and bolt and take apart your truck and add mods and also use the wii steering wheel and numbchuck to crawl threw trails i think that would be an awsome game and marlin can advertise his products on there

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That's one big run on sentence  :thud:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

b-radhutch

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '09
  • my first yota
    • View Profile
Ik I'm not to good with grammar and all that stuff pretty sad for a Sr in high school student. Than again i have failed English since being a freshman. I'm better in the math Field. Sry about that tho kneedownnate. Btw I'm a heavy txter so i use a lot of short hand stuff.

SocalWheeler71

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 269
  • Member since Nov '07
  • Trail rig is back up and running... yay trail rig!
    • View Profile
I don't know of a game with intended rockcrawling, but the first Halo game has a lot of exploration possibilities in the offroad truck (called a Warthog) in the 2nd, 4th and 5th levels of the game. The physics of the game are pretty good too. There's a whole scene devoted to videogame tricking. Yes I've played a bit of Halo- see my avatar? :yesnod:

swapped89

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 270
  • Male Posts: 1,221
  • Member since Aug '09
  • Not all who wander...are lost
    • View Profile
I dont have a gaming system but if some co. came out with a rock crawling game i would buy/play it
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61345.0 

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
I don't know of a game with intended rockcrawling, but the first Halo game has a lot of exploration possibilities in the offroad truck (called a Warthog) in the 2nd, 4th and 5th levels of the game. The physics of the game are pretty good too. There's a whole scene devoted to videogame tricking. Yes I've played a bit of Halo- see my avatar? :yesnod:

I was going to suggest that too. Me and a buddy used to have rock crawl comps in halo 1, we'd find a good course and then see who could get to the top first if at all.
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
there is a pirate4x4 game on that board
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
There is a sort of 4x4 game on the pc called 4x4 evo 2 where you can build your trucks kind a and go four wheeling and stuff , you even use a winch . I'm sure if this game is any where in stores but you might be able to download it some where or find it on ebay maybe

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
there is a pirate4x4 game on that board

Have you looked into what that is, or did they come out with an actual wheeling game?  The one I know of there is all text and is insanely slow and boring.  I mean, I have millions and millions of dollars, and many, many thousands of glitter, but I was bored beyond sanity every minute while accruing those  :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
Rigs of rods has rock crawling with awesome physics, and its free. Tons of rigs, even a first gen toyota. Google rigs of rods
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Rigs of rods has rock crawling with awesome physics, and its free. Tons of rigs, even a first gen toyota. Google rigs of rods
that looks pretty cool. im downloadin it now the hilux is a 4door :down:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
dude. holy crap. that game is hard to learn to control the vehicles. it seems pretty cool after a fewminutes of play though. :dunno:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

yotarunner85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 166
  • Member since Nov '09
  • San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
Dont have time to play video games, to busy working on my truck. :flamer: :_order: :burnout:
1985 Toyota 4Runner, BFG 35" MTs, 4" lift, Detroits lockers front & rear,5.29, V6 rear, rebuilt 22RE.

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
4x4 evo2 was pretty kick butt from what I remember. I'd buy it. Youtube modern warfare 3 get to work on hummers in it lol.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

Yota-Freak

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 469
  • Member since Jul '08
  • Pass tha' whiskey and that rot gut Shine.
    • View Profile
Screamer 4x4 is the most bad ass off road game i have ever played to date. It doesnt have the best graphics in the world, but its way realistic. awesome physics as well. You have to do rock crawl competitions, as well as pre-runner stuff. mosty jeeps on there but my fav vehicle on the game is a huge ass 89 toyota hilux with a chevy 572 in it! lol. You can change engines in most of the rigs as well as tires. during the game u can switch to 3rd person or in cab driving which is way fun cuz u have to look around and the only way to tell how fast ur going or rpms is to look at the gauges on ur dash! You can drive in 2 or 4 wheel drive and have e-lockers (during the game u can choose to lock or open the diffs) u can somewhat adjust tire pressure (low, med, hi) theres also body damage

fourunnerguy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
I'd give one a try. Especially seeing how RC rock crawling has picked up.