Author Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 15574 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
Re: wisdom teeth
« Reply #30 on: Jan 01, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
im looking forward to it... believe it or not

crawlerdan

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
im looking forward to it... believe it or not
i was too buddy, i was too

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
They transfered me out in a wheelchair. I guess I must have been really out of it.

Haha, reminds me of when I broke my clavical (sp?). After I saw the foot long needle they just shoved up my ass full of anesthetic I got really light headed, they had to take me to the car in a wheel chair. The ass you ask? I dont know, seems there are plenty of places they can stick a needle but i guess they needed a big ol butt cheek to sink that one footer into
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »
:funny:
 Wierd where they stuck it, yes, kind of funny, yes.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »
lol thats sucky

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »
How much longer before you go. When I had mine done even though my father in law said I was awake after word I didn't remember anything except stopping at Walgreens to fill the script (my FIL was driving) and going home. I slept the entire day till the next day.
Everyone reacts differently so don't push yourself if you don't feel comfortable driving. That's a long way to go.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »
just got back from my prep what ever... the guy said since my wisdoms are all straight up and down and in good placement i wont have jack to worry about. he said it would take about 45 minutes start to finish. its this friday at 1pm, and he said that since they are pretty much the perfect set up for extraction i will have hardly any pain but he is still hookin me up with meds

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »
I only had upper wisdom teeth and having them removed was a better trip to the dentist than some of my fillings.  I took one round of pain meds and was carefully eating pizza the following evening.

:psss: Don't watch funny movies, like Dumb and Dumber, like I did the first couple of days.  Laughing will be painful.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
I only had upper wisdom teeth and having them removed was a better trip to the dentist than some of my fillings.  I took one round of pain meds and was carefully eating pizza the following evening.

:psss: Don't watch funny movies, like Dumb and Dumber, like I did the first couple of days.  Laughing will be painful.

I don't even remember the trip home other than the dentist helped me to the car and  I slumped against the door.  I had an I.V. that contained "good" stuff.  I pretty much slept the rest of the next couple of days.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
no superbad??  :down:

i guess im not supposed to have hardly any pain in the uppers and maybe a smidge in the lowers but he said it aint :pokinit: so im not worried about it

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #40 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
I had 2 pulled at once... ( still haven't got around to the other 2) :doh:

But I was completely conscious, and I could have driven if I didn't have someone already scheduled to pick me up.  It all depends on what they plan on using on you :eyebrow:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
im gettin gassed and the IV   :rockingout:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2008, 12:58:03 PM »
Getting knocked out is the best!  I felt a slight tingle in the top of my head, next thing I knew of was I woke up with a mouth full of gauze!  I hate sitting there while all yo can hear is grinding, popping, and crunching noises. 

No, we don't make munster!  Go to http://tillamookcheese.com/OurProducts/Cheese/
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
yeah the dentist isnt to fun.... when i was in first grade they knocked me out with the gas cause i had a internal compound fracture on my right arm. my arm looked like a U no joke, so they drugged me and fixed it. my mom watched and she said they just pulled my arm straight and casted it... and i was to little to enjoy the sensation but friday ill fully know whats up

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
Well shoot if you're getting gassed you should be goin home to :sleepy:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »
yeah i am for sure, and i also found out that my cert class doesnt start till the 15th so its all cherry

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:22:37 PM »
im gettin gassed and the IV   :rockingout:

It's the only way to go :yupyup:   :sleeping:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
just got back from my prep what ever... the guy said since my wisdoms are all straight up and down and in good placement i wont have jack to worry about. he said it would take about 45 minutes start to finish. its this friday at 1pm, and he said that since they are pretty much the perfect set up for extraction i will have hardly any pain but he is still hookin me up with meds

If they are all straight up and down and in good placement why are you having them removed? The only time I've heard of them being removed is when they come in crooked.
I had to have my upper on the top left removed because the one below it was removed and the top one just kept growing till it was hurting my gum on the lower jaw.
I have the two on the right side.

Where is the Mammoth?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
If they are all straight up and down and in good placement why are you having them removed? The only time I've heard of them being removed is when they come in crooked.
I had to have my upper on the top left removed because the one below it was removed and the top one just kept growing till it was hurting my gum on the lower jaw.

i also found out that i have big healthy teeth, and the wisdoms are also big, and they are pushing my good teeth around and screwing shiz up, and i have insurance right now for dental so might as well... the desk lady showed me the bill and it was just under 1600 total, for everything, and i only have to pay 180 due to my insureance and the good coverage, so its a good deal in the long run

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 02, 2008, 03:19:53 PM »
yeah the dentist isn't to fun.... when i was in first grade they knocked me out with the gas cause i had a internal compound fracture on my right arm. my arm looked like a U no joke, so they drugged me and fixed it. my mom watched and she said they just pulled my arm straight and casted it... and i was to little to enjoy the sensation but Friday ill fully know whats up

You might consider seeing someone besides a dentist the next time you break your arm.  :haha:

I had a compound fracture in my left arm when I was a kid as well.  I was just starting to be left handed when it happened and put me back into confusion for a while longer.  I don't remember it, but my mom said I came in the house and she immediately knew what was wrong since my arm had an extra "elbow" in it.  Nothing like friends to push you off of a picnic table.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 02, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
lol that sucks.... my neighbor and sister rode in circles around me and laughed the whole time i was rolling around holding my broken arm and balling my eyes out... i was in first grade though

second time i broke my arm my friends laughed at me again and i had to pull my bike out of a ditch by myself and ride home broken, this time no tears

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 02, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
when you go into the army these days its almost SOP to remove the wisdom teeth. they usually eventually go out or cause other teeth to break or both, and when they get infected its bad news

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #52 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
so tomorrow at 11 im going under the knife and getting my wisdom teeth pulled. for those who have had the operation done about how long does the local stay in effect? i have a cert class that i believe starts tomorrow at 6pm and was wondering if i would be able to dive 40 miles, sit for 4 hours, and drive home all in the same day

anyways thanks for the local info  :wave:
NO
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
NO

already got that under control, the class doesnt start till the 15th and i get then pulled friday...

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
years ago I had not only my teeth butt anything I had with "wisdom" associated with it removed. hurt at first, butt as it went along less and less. by the end did not hurt at all!
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »
:funny: all things with wisdom taken out

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
I had all four pulled when I was 19 and decided I felt just fine enough to go drinking. :beerchug: :beer: :beerwhack:

That was the worst hangover ever. :smack: Not only did I feel the pain from the kegger, but the swelling was really bad.  :sick: So remember, just say no to the booze. :nonono: :twocents:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
i was giong to ask the doc about that if the alcohol would mess things up inside of my mouth... ill just take fast shots and shoot em hard  :gap:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:36:11 AM »
i also found out that i have big healthy teeth, and the wisdoms are also big, and they are pushing my good teeth around and screwing shiz up, and i have insurance right now for dental so might as well... the desk lady showed me the bill and it was just under 1600 total, for everything, and i only have to pay 180 due to my insureance and the good coverage, so its a good deal in the long run

OK yeah, that's pretty common too. Best to do it now and get it over with. I hope you don't smoke, that is really bad for the sockets. Dry sockets are supposed to be pretty horrible. I know Bubba had some problem with that.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:36:49 AM »
i was giong to ask the doc about that if the alcohol would mess things up inside of my mouth... ill just take fast shots and shoot em hard  :gap:

:eek:  At 18 those better be shots of yoohoo on the Marlin board :yupyup:

Where is the Mammoth?