Author Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 15551 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
Re: wisdom teeth
« Reply #60 on: Jan 03, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
i used to smoke the good stuff but im over that stuff now, and i drink nothing but the best iced tea,    peach arizona.... i have shot glasses linned up and ready to go for that stuff
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2008, 06:58:46 PM by sillywilly »

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 03, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
:eek:  At 18 those better be shots of yoohoo on the Marlin board :yupyup:

MWM is going to turn you in! Run sillywilly! RUN!  :rofl2:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jan 03, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »

:disturbed:   :rofl:   
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
i used to smoke the good stuff but im over that stuff now, and i drink nothing but the best iced tea,    peach arizona.... i have snot glasses linned up and ready to go for that stuff

snot glasses, that sounds kinda gross if you ask me! LMAO!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »
Mine was a messy job too, cant remember much till I had been home a few hours. Went to the strip club that night haha. the lady asked my buddies why I never smiled much. I swelled up the next day for about a week. I think you might want someone to drive you?
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »
Mine was a messy job too, cant remember much till I had been home a few hours. Went to the strip club that night haha. the lady asked my buddies why I never smiled much. I swelled up the next day for about a week. I think you might want someone to drive you?

I couldn't have had it done if I didn't have someone there to drive me. There is no way I could drive.

Where is the Mammoth?

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2008, 02:18:32 PM »
MWM, I meant drive him to whatever he was going to do that night. I just remember signing the waiver. we could break your jaws we could jab a tool through the top of your mouth break your teeth touch your privates. 

X_______________________
_[O!!!!!O]_

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:00:18 PM »
:bolt:

my mom is takin the day off to kick it and drive me   :woohoo:

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:23:40 PM »
in 39 minutes i cant drink or eat anything until i get home from getting knifed... that blows, 13-14 hours with an empty stomach is not going to be fun...and i didnt eat anything for dinner since i dont have anything to make.... this blows...screw extra teeth in the mouth

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »
in 39 minutes i cant drink or eat anything until i get home from getting knifed... that blows, 13-14 hours with an empty stomach is not going to be fun...and i didnt eat anything for dinner since i dont have anything to make.... this blows...screw extra teeth in the mouth

Been there done that more than a few times..... :D

Get used to it, there are going to be plenty more surgeries where starving yourself is standard procedure  :biggthumpup:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2008, 12:09:55 AM »
:woohoo:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jan 04, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
Been there done that more than a few times..... :D

Get used to it, there are going to be plenty more surgeries where starving yourself is standard procedure  :biggthumpup:

:yupyup:  yeah, it sucks, but you'll get over it.
This is the big day! Don't worry, it will be over before you know it and you'll have a script for good meds :disturbed:

Where is the Mammoth?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »
maybe.... power is out and this is what we have on top of us right now

http://www.kpay.com/KPAYWX/weather_center2.htm

the wind is crazy bad right now but im loving it

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:37:35 AM »
:yupyup:  yeah, it sucks, but you'll get over it.
...... and you'll have a script for good meds :disturbed:
amen to that !

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:32:49 AM »
maybe.... power is out and this is what we have on top of us right now

http://www.kpay.com/KPAYWX/weather_center2.htm

the wind is crazy bad right now but im loving it

Wow! I love exciting weather.

Where is the Mammoth?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jan 05, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »
yeah our power went out ffriday morning and the power is still off, but im at a buddys house right now and all four teeth came out pretty easy. when the IV started i was talking about my truck with the guy and then they put the gas over my nose, and about 1/2 a second later i was out cold. woke up, walked into a wall on my way to recovery, and fell asleep again. came home and passed out. and since then i just been icing and taking it easy. my lowers are in a dull constant pain, which sucks but o well

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jan 05, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
hope u feel better buddy....

keep them dry sockets away

:therethere:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »
Just wait for your follow up! they will teach you how to squirt out your holes and youll realize how much in common with a hampster you really have. (mass food storage in the cheek areas) Probably the best advice someone could give ya is to make sure to keep the holes clean! if you get dry socket your going to hate life. Did they stich your holes? they stitched mine and I had torn all mine by the follow up. the dr wasnt too happy he could tell i had eaten popcorn afew daysearlier GAG
_[O!!!!!O]_

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #78 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
yeah our power went out ffriday morning and the power is still off, but im at a buddys house right now and all four teeth came out pretty easy. when the IV started i was talking about my truck with the guy and then they put the gas over my nose, and about 1/2 a second later i was out cold. woke up, walked into a wall on my way to recovery, and fell asleep again. came home and passed out. and since then i just been icing and taking it easy. my lowers are in a dull constant pain, which sucks but o well
haha i remember when they gave me the IV and the gas, surgeon kept looking at his watch while we were talking then the nurse came back in and said "he's still not out? its been 10 minutes!". guess my body doesnt like to be drugged to sleep. :shrug:
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »
hope u feel better buddy....

keep them dry sockets away

:therethere:

thanks, feelin a million time better then i did on the first night... at night so i can sleep i take about 1000mg of ibuprofien(sp) and it lasts me all night and till about ten the next morning and then i just deal with the irritation in my mouth till i go back to sleep...aint no thang... im washing and keeping my mouth clean with the wash they gave me, the water i drink, the peace ice tea i drink like its going out of fashion, the tooth brush i run under hot water and then cover the bristles with paste and then brush my teeth with and then spit out the excess after an undisclosed time, and then use my scope and rinse again.... not to sure what else i could do to avoide the dry socket, but i hope i got it in check

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
Did they stich your holes?

well the four holes in my mouth that my teeth came out of, yeah they stictched those up. and they left the stitches extra long and i can play with the string with my tongue, its really weird but i try to avoid it. ive had only soft foods that i dont have to chew, and that i can swallow whole.... spaghettie, mac n cheese, pears, applesauce, cake, and i tried to eat a slice of pizza, but the bites were so small i swallowed it whole and it took me about 30 minutes to eat one slice....

94runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 279
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Jan 07, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »
its funny, i just had my wisdom teeth pulled on saturday and i'm fine. you definitly feel weird when you leave the office, but you just go home and take a nap afterwords and your good to go. everybody said that i'd have big cheeks and my mouth would hurt for days after, but the next day i was eating normal and i felt fine, other than a little jaw ache. i guess my surgeon was really good because i feel fine and can eat everything a used to besides the sharp foods like chips or crackers
1994 4runner: toy axles, 37's, armor,

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »
its funny, i just had my wisdom teeth pulled on saturday and i'm fine. you definitly feel weird when you leave the office, but you just go home and take a nap afterwords and your good to go. everybody said that i'd have big cheeks and my mouth would hurt for days after, but the next day i was eating normal and i felt fine, other than a little jaw ache. i guess my surgeon was really good because i feel fine and can eat everything a used to besides the sharp foods like chips or crackers

It all depends on a couple of things I think, Age, how badly impacted or deep they are, and the surgeon too. the surgeon that took out both my sisters broke there jaws.... they had to cut my cheeks away from my face up top and take my teeth out the sides because they were so deep..       

not to sure what else i could do to avoide the dry socket, but i hope i got it in check
They shoould give you a plastic syringe that you can fill with warm water to stick in the holes and squirt them out.

Good to hear that youve handeled it well, I think the worst part is hearing the terror stories, and not being able to just gobble food down!
_[O!!!!!O]_

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »
yea ive been starving, not being able to eat much blows!!!!

i have to just man handle my food and swallow it whole and wash it down fast with water or something else to get it down into my belly....sucks but only a few more days :crossed:

get stitches pulled on thurs so after that hopefully back to good food

Mistaken

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Oct '07
  • i like lights
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
they're not disolveable? when ever someone made me laugh i could feel a stitch snap, then i would have to try to pull it out or it would jab my tongue
1997 gmc sierra short box 4x4
33"mastercraft MT's
cat back duals

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »
idk what they are... i was knocked out when they were asking the ?'s on what kind of stitches i wanted.... but ive laughed so much it sucks... im always smiling or laughing and it hurts with my teeth gone and my mouth stitched up... i dont think ive ripped any but i wouldnt know... i looked before i got in bed and didnt see anything out of the ordinary.... but then again im no dentist

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »
so i just ripped all the bottom stitches eating my alfrado covered noodles... im pissed, i go in tomorrow at 1pm to get them removed and i was stoked that i lasted this long without a ripped stitch.... :down:  o well, 6 days is pretty good i guess

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 760
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
I'm goin' into the surgeon friday to get my appointment set up, and what not... Not really lookin' forward to it.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
its not bad at all... just dont over think it. they just tell you what you have to do to get ready for the cut... they will say... dont eat or drink anything after midnight the day before you get your surg, make sure somebody will take you and pick you up, and dont forget to take your meds and keep your mouth clean.... my advice.... eat as MUCH of your fav food now and get sick of it for the next week so when you get a craving for it after you get your teeth pulled, you cant eat it.... but if you get an iv and gas its over before you know it.... with the iv they numb your arm, and then use this cold spray crap that numbs it even more, and then stick you, hook the iv to you, and tape it down. then gas you and your out and awake in what seems like two seconds later walking like a drunk to recovery to pass out and so on..... its easy and fun

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #89 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »
yea the surgury itself is nothin, its the recovery that can be bad but it depends on how much work it takes the dentist to remove the teeth. mine were bad and i've got a tiny mouth (6 permanent teeth removed because of no room not including wisdom teeth, yea tiny mouth). my biggest problem, before the surgury i could pop my jaw in/out at will so i could actually fit food in my mouth, now i cant do that anymore so i have to squish my food before i can eat it (mostly burgers).
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech